Be Brave!

Prev1
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is admit you got it wrong. This game has been great fun and I’ve played it since a couple of weeks of its inception. I’m founding member of great guild, with smart, motivated friendly members.
I still love arena, TW, TB and building my roster (over 3 mill GP).

However the Sith raid is a disaster. I can only speak from my personal perspective as senior member of a former go get em guild. Trying to get members to participate in a deeply unpleasant raid format that is supposed to be fun, ( not death by a thousand cuts) is futile.
This is bad timing in the extreme, with the advent of the marvel copycat that already a fifth of my guild spending more time on than SWGOH.

Raid needs to be completely redesigned, it needs to be fun, consistent and motivating. I say this as a person who doesn’t want game to disappear.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Immorta1lynx: With the way that the sith raid is as of right now it is no fun to play. Particularly p1 and p4. The stacking tinacity and protection regenerating elements are by far the most frustrating.If those where done away with it would be more fun.My question is, how does the development team feel about this and have they even played their own game to know what we are talking about?
    [NR] The raid was designed to be very challenging for even our oldest and most established players. As to if we engage with the raid, the answer is daily. The guild I'm in is currently going through a T6 and trying to finish out Phase 3. The rest of the development team are in a variety of guilds taking on different tiers. We recently discussed with AhnaldT101 about how we are finding the community's progress in the Sith Triumvirate.

They addressed similar sentiment in the Q&A.
  • @Silchas_Ruin1 I'm with you on this one. My guild is trying to make it through tier 4, I struggle to engage with it but more so my guild, the top 4 have 10+mil score the rest of my guild(literally not exaggerating) only has about 100k in damage because no one wants to play it
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    We are doing tier 4, it takes us a little over two days, and most of us enjoy it. It rewards building and using unusual toons and teams. I never thought I'd bother with Magmatrooper and NS Acolyte, but they're proving quite useful in this raid.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF I agree with the building different team comps, but as much of my guild is either f2p, or like minnow/dolphin status and the amount of other content to farm it's difficult to adjust fire when new content/comps etc whatever come out lol
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    We're the same. Dunno what to tell you.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    I personally wouldn't mind investing in the squad comps needed for sith raid if I thought it would make it fun. I did just that for haat. But to invest heavily in content that brings me no enjoyment is more than I am willing to do.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    the game won't die, even if the devs aren't "brave" and won't admit they "got it wrong". So i wouldn't worry about that too much.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    It's challenging now, but just think of that sense of accomplishment you'll feel when you get your first Traya shard.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    M betting the bounty hunter reworks I'll give them a good shot in this raid.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

i fear the same, fear because i don't really like them :(
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

That's what this raid is all about. Using characters you don't want to against mechanics that are boring at best.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    People say "mechanics are boring" without ever explaining what they mean, so what do you mean?

How are the mechanics for this raid so much worse than HAAT?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

That's what this raid is all about. Using characters you don't want to against mechanics that are boring at best.

Can't say that i share that sentiment.
    However, i will decide to gear up bounty hunters in a heartbeat if they turn out to be amazing in the raid. It just means gearing my FO will be delayed once again. I'm fine with that tbh.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

Well anyone that uses debuffs isn't hardly usable. The difference between a good run and a restart is purely based on using the unique special ability given in each territory at the right time. Which is a little rng based. You get the ability from killing the extra toons. So you have to figure out if you have to wait another turn or use it now. With ventress lead it's even harder to figure out because you don't know how much turn meter will be reduced. It feels like the only thing to pay attention to is turn meter. That's not fun for me personally. Each there own though. If you enjoy it more power to you. I wish I did.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Yeah so not worse, just different.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah so not worse, just different.

It's worse in the way that you have to keep repeating (by outside of the game rules, airplane mode/quit/repeat) until you get on the good side of the rng.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I rarely have to do that, and only in P1, and only when I mistime annihilate, which happens less now that I have experience with it.

The only part of the raid I dislike is P4, where

1) It rewards whomever gets Sion or Nih down to 5% with a free 5% damage
    2) Traya has 1000000000 speed (rough estimate) after Sion and Nih are down
  • Thx for feed back guys:)
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I rarely have to do that, and only in P1, and only when I mistime annihilate, which happens less now that I have experience with it.

The only part of the raid I dislike is P4, where

1) It rewards whomever gets Sion or Nih down to 5% with a free 5% damage
    2) Traya has 1000000000 speed (rough estimate) after Sion and Nih are down

So you get your best results first try I doubt it.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    No, but I get close enough and it's not worth it to me trying to squeeze another 0.04% damage out on another try.

But other than that, like I said, P1 is the only one I retry, and only if I mess up the Annihilate timing.
  • @ProximaB1_ It also is more like it's not worth trying for that extra .04 like @TVF said, if you have decent squads. And they are decently modded, you really do not need to retry at all, you will run pretty consistent numbers,

The only time a retry is justified really is when you are trying to max runs in a heroic raid. Other then that , it's not worth it.

Mebbe look into what your using , mebbe tweak that to get better consistency
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    @ProximaB1_ It also is more like it's not worth trying for that extra .04 like @TVF said, if you have decent squads. And they are decently modded, you really do not need to retry at all, you will run pretty consistent numbers,

The only time a retry is justified really is when you are trying to max runs in a heroic raid. Other then that , it's not worth it.

We just tried are first heroic and failed. Honestly the difference between a good run and an average one is fairly different. Most squads if you lose a certain character it drops significantly. For instance if ventress is the first one out its a lot worse then say nightsister initiate. Or if death trooper gets wiped out the whole squad comp falls apart.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    @ProximaB1_ It also is more like it's not worth trying for that extra .04 like @TVF said, if you have decent squads. And they are decently modded, you really do not need to retry at all, you will run pretty consistent numbers,

We just tried are first heroic and failed. Honestly the difference between a good run and an average one is fairly different. Most squads if you lose a certain character it drops significantly. For instance if ventress is the first one out its a lot worse then say nightsister initiate. Or if death trooper gets wiped out the whole squad comp falls apart.

Oh for sure, and if you read again, I clearly said for heroic retrying is worth it, but not for other tiers,

Too bad you missed your heroic, good luck for the next attempt, and yup, it does matter who gets lost and when, again directly related to heroic retry, non heroic, not worth it.

And it sounds like your crew is on the teeter totter edge of heroic, what guild GP , and how did y'all approach the phases?
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    127gp not enough Rey fire power. Kind of knew we would be short. It'll take us awhile still.
  • So, didn't clear p1 then?
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    We quit reys didn't make it through phase 1. We could have made it through phase 1. But would have taken from other phases. To many dark side players. Need to add a couple and Max out current reys. In t6 2 and 3 fly by. Dn slows us down. I think if we get dn figured out we will do ok.
  • Nice, good,luck with that, there are several options floating around that seem promising , I'm leaning towards Jrey isn't the one and only answer.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Nice, good,luck with that, there are several options floating around that seem promising , I'm leaning towards Jrey isn't the one and only answer.

I'm sure something will pop out eventually or some new character/rework will change things.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nice, good,luck with that, there are several options floating around that seem promising , I'm leaning towards Jrey isn't the one and only answer.

What other option exists for hstr(exclusively)? we didn't find anything that does north of 300k damage.
  • I personally have no experience in heroic at this time, I have seen a few posts, and my guildmates have been hunting as well, there is that Jc comp that is supposed to be good for 700~ k, and we are looking at FB lead , cuz it works. Atleast so far anyway and that's non zeta at this time.