Be Brave!

2Next

Replies

  • Guys love the fact you’re discussing raid , however my points are being ignored, it’s killing the game
  • Except it's not killing the game, it's no different then when Haat came out, the idea and smart aleck comments at that time were git Gud if I remember right.

    It's a challenge, and it's requiring experimenting and learning to handle it. As it is designed to do . It's not supposed to be simple and easy.
  • Except it's not killing the game, it's no different then when Haat came out.

    While I agree with you that it doesn't kill the game and it's the similar missteps when HAAT came out, I don't think two wrongs make it right. Nor it has been done like that in the past makes it acceptable for current or future new raids or contents coming out.
  • DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    Except it's not killing the game, it's no different then when Haat came out.

    While I agree with you that it doesn't kill the game and it's the similar missteps when HAAT came out, I don't think two wrongs make it right. Nor it has been done like that in the past makes it acceptable for current or future new raids or contents coming out.

    Ok, so, making the newest raid hard to beat is a bad thing.,? What's your point here,?

    It's a challenge, and it's requiring experimenting and learning to handle it. As it is designed to do . It's not supposed to be simple and easy.

    The rest of the post ^ and that's the point. . . The missteps ? Haat wa never touched, Naat was tweaked, three months or so in. But Haat never was.

    The only thing being done to STR so far is increasing reward payouts, . . Nice bonus, hardly a misstep.
    And again, I'll reiterate, it is SUPPOSED TO BE A CHALLENGE AND REQUIRE NEW IDEAS, if it was the same old squads and same old plays, it would be absolutely useless to release.

    Now, it's hard, yup, it is requiring learning new squads and experimenting, yup, it is a challenge across the board. Yup, and unlike Tank, it comes with seven tiers, yup,

    What exactly is mis-stepped, what's exactly has been done wrong with STR ? Cuz they are nothing alike , and it's in the similar vein that tank was nothing like rancor, .. .
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I can assure you I am having fun in Sith HC. (and I can qualify as target audience)
    And the only strategy that works in HAAT and also in Sith raid is JTREy, otherwise very different teams.
    I would say job well done for devs.
    Only thing I really hate is one nasty bug (scoring bug last 20% of traya P4), but hardly reason for big rework..
    (and why I am writing that - I am usually quick to criticize, so I feel I should be also quick to defend when it comes to that...)
  • You want a really fun (and powerful) P4 team, try this --- zAV (L), Talia, Daka, Chirrut, and Zombie. If you can soothe Bonds of Weakness often enough you can do many millions of damage. Also, subbing Visas Mar for Zombie can get you in a state where you can solo the DN part of P4. It's very tricky, but Chirrut's special and Visas's assists keep healing the NS to full health, giving unlimited turns. The only thing that stops you is that Daka's double hit will eventually hit DS enough to get to enrage. Talia should have lowest max health in this scenario, to get Visas's health assists.
  • TVF
    36442 posts Member
    Platzman wrote: »
    And the only strategy that works in HAAT and also in Sith raid is JTREy

    This makes no sense.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36442 posts Member
    B0BAFETT wrote: »
    You want a really fun (and powerful) P4 team, try this --- zAV (L), Talia, Daka, Chirrut, and Zombie. If you can soothe Bonds of Weakness often enough you can do many millions of damage. Also, subbing Visas Mar for Zombie can get you in a state where you can solo the DN part of P4. It's very tricky, but Chirrut's special and Visas's assists keep healing the NS to full health, giving unlimited turns. The only thing that stops you is that Daka's double hit will eventually hit DS enough to get to enrage. Talia should have lowest max health in this scenario, to get Visas's health assists.

    Acolyte needs a place on this team, under zAV leader she goes over and over and over.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Platzman wrote: »
    And the only strategy that works in HAAT and also in Sith raid is JTREy

    This makes no sense.

    The only strategy for STR P1 is JTR is more accurate. HAAT has strategies for each phase: Zylo/CLS, zFinn, Chirpatine, zFinn again.
  • TVF
    36442 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Platzman wrote: »
    And the only strategy that works in HAAT and also in Sith raid is JTREy

    This makes no sense.

    The only strategy for STR P1 is JTR is more accurate. HAAT has strategies for each phase: Zylo/CLS, zFinn, Chirpatine, zFinn again.

    Even that doesn't make sense, as in there's lots of teams that work in HAAT and you only listed a few as if they're the only ones that work for each phase.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Guys love the fact you’re discussing raid , however my points are being ignored, it’s killing the game

    If it's killing the game, the devs will address it because it pays their salaries. My assumption, since they have not changed the mechanics, it's performing as expected.

    Every time new content is released some people quit, and some people embrace the challenge. Devs measure monthly income and adjust as appropriate.

    You provided anecdotal examples, so allow me to do the same. Not a single one of my guild mates have quit. We've worked together, built on characters that are effective and become progressively better each attempt. We are 125 million GP. We've worked up from clearing T4 in 3 days to clearing T5 in 2 days. We are going to stay at T5 until we feel confident we can take down T6 in 2 days. After a couple of T6 runs clearing it in less than 2 days, we'll try Heroic. We are embracing the challenge and keeping it fun. People are starting to have more success and enjoying it more.

    I like the challenge this raid presents.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Guys love the fact you’re discussing raid , however my points are being ignored, it’s killing the game

    It's not killing the game. Your points aren't being ignored, they are being disagreed with - there's a difference.

    Some players/guilds said the exact same when the HAAT dropped...and yet, miraculously, the game survived, guilds survived and people figured out how to beat it. Just like they are now with the Sith raid.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Platzman wrote: »
    And the only strategy that works in HAAT and also in Sith raid is JTREy

    This makes no sense.

    Dev intention was not to make raid, where same teams and strategies as in HAAT work.
    Because then everyone, who farms haat, would instantly succeed which would be .. lame...

    And IMO they succeeded. Only JTRey is repeated strat.
    Otherwise in HSTR, there are:
    Sabine & Pathfinder
    Phoenix (finally useful)
    Chex Mex (new)
    ZVentress (new)
    ...

    No 100% reuses other than JTRey resistance...
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    I agree, this raid is broken
  • You know what else works in STR outside of p1? FO. No reliance on debuffs or TMR, just pure TMG and damage.
Sign In or Register to comment.