Cracking Doom: What’s the benefit?

I understand EP got reworked and his Leader ability is fire. To have an extra 10-15k protection without a true “recovery” on his Unique is insane. If they had 5% Protection recovery on top of 5% Max Protection that would make sense. Can someone explain to me that aside from extra protection in PvP why this Zeta is supposed to be so good?

Replies

• Thrawn Lead seems to be the only way for him to be alright or possibly Krennic. He isn’t the legendary stand alone toon I thought he could be like Thrawn is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starting with that protection will ensure he doesn't get 1 shot by a culling blade.

Thrawn is usually on the team too, so he helps recover protection
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Are we sure he doesn't recover protection? I coulda swore I fought a zeta K2so in GW once that had a sliver of protection after every time I hit his health
  • He recovers protection in a sense as the 5% max does add some protection back. But it’s not “true” Protection recovery.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    When the max protection goes up I believe it equalizes with the current protection from what I've seen

So example if Palps has 50% of his 20k protection and gains 5% max protection (1000) since he is at 50% he will recover half that gain (500)

I realize he probably has higher protection that that but I like easy math

Anyways that has the potential to really stack up in pve battles like territory battles not every zeta has to be all about pvp
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    This zeta works on his weakest spot - his squishiness. He heals protection (can confirm this - I've had him without health at all and he had protection after), he heals health (his own leader), and he gets a massive boost at the start, and in long matches, he increases his protection to ridiculous amounts. In TB, he reaches the latter phases and is basically immune to damage.