Next upgrade for Favourites

I have toon favourites needing gear, training droids/level up, ability mats, shards but none for combat.
(Let me get this in first) individual toons for combat mean nothing. Favourite toons go into squads, yes, but we already have squad management.
If you will persist with favourites atop toon selection for combat, would you please add MULTIPLE COLOURS:

Option 1: players assign their own meaning
Option 2: EA assigns meaning, with value adding
> Blood red=favourite combat, go first in toon combat selection
> Violet=favourite for shards, go first in inventory
> Grey=favourite for (grey) training droids, go first in Training window (which I've never had use for so far)
> Yellow=favourite gear, first toons at bottom when gear item selected
> favourite for ability mats? Blue maybe, but go first in what window? This goes hand-in-hand with levelling up, so grey together with numbers on those toon abilities works

Implementation on thumbnail
Choice 1: as is, choose 1/4 colours
Choice 2: use space beside toon level number for 4 tag colours, maybe:
Shard favourite violet
Level up favourite grey
Gear favourite yellow
Combat favourite red
Note:
> the current tag is a gradation of yellow so a gradation of violet will help show up against the violet of the gear level around the icon
> I have no idea if the colour scheme is 'pleasing', I'm considering function, not form
> current tag has a black line on it. If that's a Roman 1, it prompts the suggestion that each coloured tag contain the first letter of the purpose for its favourite as reminder
> four new tags may need to be narrower than present tag? That's ok

You want Quality of Life improvement?
Here's a biggy

Replies

• Risz
    134 posts Member
    Options
    There's a limit to laziness, keep the rainbow stuff for kids shows
  • Options
    Infinitely complicated.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, absolutely unnecessary.
    - Fav combat toons: You can have preset squads, equally as easy to choose from as some colour-coded favourites.
    - Fav to be geared toons: That's what I use favourites for.
    - Fav training droid toons: Hahhh.
    - Fav farmed toons: That's what I use favourites for, as well.

If you don't want to develop too much toons at a time, it's easy to manage your favs in the current system.
  • DoOrDoNot
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I think this can simply boil down to let players choose color on Favorite and let them have more than 1 favorite tag.

Those can simply be Favorite 1, 2, 3 with different colors - something like flag in some email clients with different color flags.

Each user can decide what those color means to them.

I'm not sure this is as big a deal as -- say mod management but it can help some players, I guess.
  • Options
    Seems pretty pointless to me. Lots of extra clutter and no particular meaning to it
  • Options
    If you're actively doing something with a character, whether it be shard farming or gearing or whatever, just put a favorite on them. Easy.

If you're actively doing something with so many characters at once that you need a way to keep track of which are favorited why, then you are playing this game wrong, and probably getting nowhere fast.

I don't think this game needs to change the way favorites work, I think you need to change the way you use favorites.
  • Options
    While I wouldn't mind the ability to color-code my various projects, I doubt the practical applications of this idea (and I currently have 22 characters favorited). I would just rather that favorites no longer sorted to the top on the squad select screen--I've been avoiding setting up additional squads just because it's so distracting and I lose track of what I'm doing; alternatively give me the option to sort them by speed and power--and be done with it. It might take me a minute to remember what so-and-so is favorited for, and what I'm working on specifically, but that's hardly a huge inconvenience.

It's really just an indication that I'm working on that character, or am planning to do so soon.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to UI feedback
  • Rag_Scrag
    75 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Seems some haven't read it all:
    I find favs atop combat selection CRAZY because none of my favs are for combat.
    but
    if they will persist with that idea
    expand it so favs are paired with relevant lists.

A few can't cope? Their problem
    or won't use it? Their choice, no compulsion
    I have to change my use of favs? If I use favs for combat as is the apparent intent, then I have no favs! Great solution
    Post edited by Rag_Scrag on