What about add "restart" button in the menu?

RacerDejak
3203 posts Member
I think i represent most of the people who feel that sith raid is unfun, annoying, too much time spend, and HEAVY RNG DEPENDANT. To help us cut too much wasting time and bad RNG factor, how about add "restart" button in option menu?

- Someone dead in turn 10 = bad. Retreat then retry.
- Vader dot's don't land at first try = bad. Retreat then retry.
- Terminate don't stick at first try = bad. Retreat then retry.
- Etc.

It is annoying, i know the sith raid wouldn't change anytime soon. But at least u can give us time saver by implement "restart" button. We don't have to push "retreat" button, loading, enter raid menu, squad selection, enter, loading, wait for animation done, battle again. Simply just restart.

Replies

• thomssi
    526 posts Member
    While I agree this would be nice it can't really be up the top of the list of priorities.

How about an extra button on HAAT as well so those using CLS or zylo or zavage can do the retreat attempt and go again without going back to menu. Again, would be nice but in both cases we are talking about saving a few seconds every few days, I'd rather they spent their time on mod management or mass bronzium collect (save far more time) or the like unless it is a super fast implementation which nothing ever is.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    One can only hope @thomssi .. probably mod management, mass bronzium, and restart button can be implemented soon..

.... IN 2030 :wink:
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    Well yeah, "soon" is clearly a relative thing......
  • @RacerDejak I had also thought that adding the restart button for raids would be great, especially when I run my princess zody at the start of p4, If my cody gets ability blocked or something that sucks and I have to retreat and go again and if I have to do that 2 or 3 times p4 is already over!

But as @thomssi says, there are other QoL features more important than this at the moment
  • Gosh, restarting it is the very last thing I want to do with it!

I tend to bang it on auto then go make a cup of tea. Come back and hopefully it's over.

zzzzzzzzz
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Well then you're either doing it wrong, or you need better squads, or your guild is doing the wrong tier.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Well then you're either doing it wrong, or you need better squads, or your guild is doing the wrong tier.

Sure, I need better squads - everyone playing the game does. But the other I wouldn't agree with.

It's a just a long and boring grind with meagre rewards.
    Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    The rewards are increasing with next week's update.

As for the rest you're entitled to your opinion but I disagree.
  • TVF wrote: »
    ...you're entitled to your opinion but I disagree.

Oh, of course I am... ;)

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Raids and (old GW) would be the perfect places for that button in the menu.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

It would also be nice for events: legendarys, assault batttles.

Waw.. u must be that fun person to have party with :flushed:

I'm sorry if i, or other people here do things mostly wrong, i'm sorry if we have bad squad, and u are right our guild is supposedly doing tier 1 only so that we don't post and ask this and that.
  • westenger wrote: »
    @RacerDejak I had also thought that adding the restart button for raids would be great, especially when I run my princess zody at the start of p4, If my cody gets ability blocked or something that sucks and I have to retreat and go again and if I have to do that 2 or 3 times p4 is already over!

But as @thomssi says, there are other QoL features more important than this at the moment

@westenger idk what QoL should be in top priority. Bcause nowadays there is more game mode, sure mod management should be #1 priority. But in lately QoL we get is can favorite unlock chars, auto battle position. Wondering why that stuff can be done before mod management solve.
  • Gosh, restarting it is the very last thing I want to do with it!

I tend to bang it on auto then go make a cup of tea. Come back and hopefully it's over.

zzzzzzzzz

I don't have JTR yet, but i want to beat my guildmates score who own JTR. Lately i found out they not serious just autoed it.. yes u are correct, it's boring oh well :frowning:
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

It would also be nice for events: legendarys, assault batttles.

Technically for all events/raids that have unlimited retry would be nice
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Have you looked around this forum? It's filled with people that apparently hate the game they keep playing, judging by all the complaining here. I'm sure they're much more fun than me.

Also I don't go around saying "ur" and "u' all the time, sorry.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member

Have you looked around this forum? It's filled with people that apparently hate the game they keep playing, judging by all the complaining here. I'm sure they're much more fun than me.

Also I don't go around saying "ur" and "u' all the time, sorry.

Sorry, i don't read all the post in the forum much enough.

Oh. and u think i care?
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    westenger wrote: »
    @RacerDejak I had also thought that adding the restart button for raids would be great, especially when I run my princess zody at the start of p4, If my cody gets ability blocked or something that sucks and I have to retreat and go again and if I have to do that 2 or 3 times p4 is already over!

@westenger idk what QoL should be in top priority. Bcause nowadays there is more game mode, sure mod management should be #1 priority. But in lately QoL we get is can favorite unlock chars, auto battle position. Wondering why that stuff can be done before mod management solve.

not being able to favorite locked characters was something everybody was claiming they wanted and it was easy to implemente (I guess) and the auto position they took it down like 2 days after they released it because it was more confusing than helping people. They have stated many times that they know Mod Management is top priority but it's hard to do.
    But what I think is taking too long for them to make Mod Management easier is money. If you can switch mods sets around easily then you just need a couple good mods sets. If it takes forever you'd rather have more good mods so you don't need to switch around. Less good mods and no mod management = more money spent on mods (cantina energy refreshes, mods bought with crystals, refreshing events)
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited April 2018

not being able to favorite locked characters was something everybody was claiming they wanted and it was easy to implemente (I guess) and the auto position they took it down like 2 days after they released it because it was more confusing than helping people. They have stated many times that they know Mod Management is top priority but it's hard to do.
    But what I think is taking too long for them to make Mod Management easier is money. If you can switch mods sets around easily then you just need a couple good mods sets. If it takes forever you'd rather have more good mods so you don't need to switch around. Less good mods and no mod management = more money spent on mods (cantina energy refreshes, mods bought with crystals, refreshing events)

You may be right.

To be honest I don't think mod management should be too easy otherwise people accumulate one set of "god mods" and swap constantly, which, at least to me, is not in the spirit of things. If they made it so a real decision was on synergy between toons and mod types rather than anything with speed then it may vary but with switching ideal would really be doing occasionally as you change your arena team due to new toons/promos not every 10 seconds for every encounter (which given the number of posts saying "I used my arena mods" would likely happen a lot). I suppose they could do this by allowing easy switching but making it meaningfully expensive so if you really want to do it occasionally you can but not constantly. Another way would be a free switch limit after which a refresh is needed.

Anyway, there are some recent vids though suggesting they are genuinely looking at it and want to get it right rather than release mush. Hopefully this is true.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    I would use it if it was there, but i don't think it's necessary.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    I just want the ability to sort mods by their stats instead of only by set.
    I could care less about pre set mods.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

So you care a little.

Regardless, pre-set mods would be awesome.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Oh. and u think i care?

No, but that's not a point in your favor.
    Woodroward wrote: »

So you care a little.

Regardless, pre-set mods would be awesome.
    Personally I believe the only reason we don't have mod sorting yet is because people always ask for presets whenever anyone asks for sorting. Sorting should be much easier to implement than presets.
  • Best idea ever, a restart button cant be so hard to implement... And would help us a lot