Preventing players from being booted during a Raid...

Cal_2
1 posts Member
edited April 2018
Was in the lead of the raid my Guild was hosting. A couple of players, lacking strategy skills in character selection, claimed they couldn't believe I was ahead and that I didn't speak English (which was bull - born and raised in the U.S.). So I got the boot this morning, denying me the Raid rewards that then went to someone else (because of their being petty).

So EA, if you want to improve this game, prevent Guild owners and leaders from booting players during a RAID. Not only will it prevent dissatisfaction with your game, but it will prevent other jealous players from taking rewards from another player (such as position and prize level) because they haven't figured out the skills of their characters or take advantage of in RAID bonuses in causing damage. Additional, deleting Guild notifications\emails about being dropped upon a player reading them prevents the player from reporting specific info, such as guild members or guilds that misuse chat to attack other players.

As it now stands, looks like I'm going to cool it with this game because such events take the fun out of playing and having other players deny rewards for no good reason other than a case of petty jealously, does end up leaving a person feeling that playing this game, as it is (being dropped during a RAID) is nothing more then a wasted time...

Replies

• Did you by chance ignore or break raid rules?

If you didn't, simply call it a bad job and start hunting for another guild. The Guild Recruitment forum here is a good start, so's a handful of guild recruitment discords (that I've only heard about and don't have links to because I don't have discord).
  • While thats unfair to you, extremely unfair actually, its also unfair to the guild members who follow the no dmg for 24 hour rule, and constantly have to.deal with the annoyance of those players who think it applies to everyone but them. I have seen the random nobody come in and almost solo a raid that they had no part in earning bc they were a new member and think it was all gumdrops and rainbows in within an hour of a raid being up. Thats unfair as well. So obviously that player deserves to be booted. I would suggest finding a guild where something like you expierenced doesnt go on. If you are looking for one, send me a pm id be happy to recomend u try ours.
  • You do realize that that's a poor leader or officer that did that, they obviously are . . .junk . .

Why not simply find a much better guild, and avoid sewer style guilds? Seems easier

Also, booting your did not give your rewards to someone else, your posted score remains on the board and occupies that spot. No one gets that ranks rewards .
  • We have an open spot in our guild if interested, we have simple 24 hrs no damage rule on raids, and only booted if absent for 5 days plus without telling officers.
  • Raga
    22 posts Member
    Marhen Brotherhood would also welcome you if you want a new guild. 24 hours no damage and that's about jt
  • Electricboa
    69 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    As a guild leader, I have booted players during a raid. That, however, was only after they repeatedly broke the rule that they were not supposed to post damage during the first 24 hours of the raid. I would also try to get in contact with them beforehand, but they would never respond. So being able to kind them during a raid should be an option because people who refuse to follow the rules or decide they don't apply to them should not get rewards.

If you were kicked for the reason you listed, then count in as a blessing in disguise. That's not a guild that is going to go far and not the kind of guild leader you want to have. It's also pretty pointless, since kicking someone doesn't let anyone 'steal' your rank. When someone is kicked during a raid, their name is replaced with a generic 'Mol Eliza' name and that placeholder stays. If you were at #1, then 'Mol Eliza' will be at #1 and no one will get the reward for that spot.
  • Giving you the benefit of the doubt, it sounds like you were in a crappy guild anyway and you should be glad to be rid of them.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Sounds like that guild ****. Crappy officers and leaders. The guild I'm in right now is great, very happy I found them.

I assumed people have to have the option to be kicked during raids in order to prevent guild hopping for raid reward abuse. That wasn't the case for you but there are **** out there.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    You don't want to be in a guild that pulls a dxck move like that.

I'm grateful for my guild. It's relaxed, supportive, hard-working, good fun and friendly.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    I think if you get removed from a guild during a raid it should put the damage you did back in to the raid and keep you from getting any rewards. I have to constantly kick people who are fresh to joining our guild for not following the 24 hour zero damage, even after telling them how it works. You shouldn't be rewarded for not adhering to Guild rules. But I've been kicked from a couple of guilds for no reason, once during a raid. It ****, but now I'm in a guild that's way better and a lot more fun!

Just take it as a sign that they were terrible and now it gives you the chance to find a guild who's better and can help you get Treya and GK.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Cal_2
    1 posts Member
    Thanks for the feedback. There was no 24 hour rule, just a couple of players criticizing another player to the point of getting that player booted. The raid was the Rancor Raid and most of my characters Jedi. Constantly took out the door control when available, boosting damage against the Rancor which boosted my score several times during the five turns allowed each day (Raid was coming to an end - last red bar and I was out of plays). Regardless of that, my point is that if you can join a new guild but not participate in any RAIDs that are underway when you join, Guilds shouldn't be able to boot a player from a guild while participating in a Raid underway as well... (Additionally, aren't Guilds ranked based on collective score? And if so, why would a Guild want to limit its score over increasing its ranking on the leadership board?) Anyway, for those of you that did respond to my post, thanks, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to reply with words of encouragement which says a lot of good about your character...
  • As everyone else mentioned, that must have been a bad guild. And even if they made it so you cant get kicked mid raid, that would be bad for a lot of guilds. My guild pretty much has raids active 24/7 since the sith raid came out.
  • If your guild has no rules on a raid, I'd say find a guild that has raid rules. It keeps the peace, and is easily managed. Our guild had to kick two players in the past 6 weeks, for violating the 0 damage rule on Heroic Rancor, 2 times in a row each, and didn't respond to inquiries from the Leader/officers. I'm not talking about accidental less than 1,000 damage, I mean over 4 million damage.

Seems like you indicate it wasn't a heroic raid, so I don't get your point about guild rankings.
    Running tier 1-6 on Rancor isn't going to get your guild to the the leaderboard.
  • TheBloodyTongue
    111 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Does kicking a member grant other members better rewards? I thought kicking #1 player would make #1 reward wasted.
    [Edit]: Didn't recognize Electricboa's statement confirming it. Guess "Stealing Rank" won't work.
    Post edited by TheBloodyTongue on
  • It's possible to prevent players from being kicked during a Raid, but it won't work, as the Raid in the question will not the only raid ongoing atm.
    You can recognize the violation of Raid Rule but SWGOH software can't, so when you try to kick a player SWGOH wouldn't allow it until EVERY Raid is done. And that window will be pretty slim, as hRancor raid occurs every 2 days and hAAT 3 days.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i want to keep the option to kick someone during the raid.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Consider this a good thing move on and find a better home.

The issue with locking people into a guild for TW,TB, or raids is that one those things start that person could generally be not cool and there is nothing the guild could do about it. So, it's kinda a bad situation either way.
  • The main reason they still have that open is to allow officers to remove people if they break rules within the guild. A lot of guilds run a 0 damage for 24 hours after the launch of the raid, so I don’t know if you breached it or not or whatever, but if someone were to do that, I kick them to deny them.
  • The main reason they still have that open is to allow officers to remove people if they break rules within the guild. A lot of guilds run a 0 damage for 24 hours after the launch of the raid, so I don’t know if you breached it or not or whatever, but if someone were to do that, I kick them to deny them.

Exactly this... In my guild when someone new joins they are immediately asked if they understand the 24hr registration/no damage period. If they do not respond in 2 hours or less they are immediately removed. If they post damage and do not acknowledge in chat that it was accidental they are immediately removed.