Blue defense bar

Arya
2 posts Member
How do “up” the blue bar I front of the green one?i think it’s protection but idk how to increase it .. help

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Mods, gear, and gear tiers. Going up gear tiers is the easiest way to increase your protection.
  • is it green and blue or white and purple?
    Aside the meme-nto joke, on my screen the bars are always green for heatlh, white for protection and purple for protection up?
    if so, protection can be upped trough mods alone. Some heroes have protection-altering abilities, like palps new zeta or Zeb passive. In short, mods are the key.
  • Arya
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks! I checked the mods and my protection for obi wan is like 2x that of everyone else l.. lol
  • the turn meter bar is blue,
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    the turn meter bar is blue,

Roses are red,
    the TM bar is blue,
    Old Ben is taunting,
    and so is Paploo.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Now, just to be clear.

Characters don't actually get any natural protection until gear level 7, and each successive gear tier will give a huge % boost to total protection.
  • Ive been wondering what causes this occasionally, I was gonna make a thread for it but ill just ask here. What is causing the protection bars on some people to go from blue to white in the middle of a battle?

7e3Yyg6.png
  • @PiffGuru , . . . Are you serious?

• @PiffGuru , . . . Are you serious?

Yes.. if i'm missing something obvious it would be easier just giving the answer instead of asking if im serious I would think. But yes I obviously know regular protection is blue, protection up is purple. But what is white protection as seen on ezra and kanan in that pic?
  • Protection is white, always, unless it's prot up, there's purple.

The blue bar is the turn meter bar. And obviously green is health.

Based on that pic you loaded, both Ezra and kanan have white prot, which is normal, green health which is normal, and partial turn meter bars filled, .which is blue,

That's the reason for asking if you were serious, there is nothing odd about that pic in any way. All bars are proper.
  • Protection is white, always, unless it's prot up, there's purple.

The blue bar is the turn meter bar. And obviously green is health.

Based on that pic you loaded, both Ezra and kanan have white prot, which is normal, green health which is normal, and partial turn meter bars filled, .which is blue,

That's the reason for asking if you were serious, there is nothing odd about that pic in any way. All bars are proper.

Ok I think your eyes are a bit different than mine. All the protection bars in that pic are a light blue color except ezra and kanan. Theirs is a notably different lighter white color.
  • Also after hitting each of those toons in that fight, the protection colors went back to the light blue color.
  • Lol, ok ,zoomed in yes, the shading is off for those bars leaving def a different colour.

Possibly it's a graphics issue based on map positioning?
  • Yea with that pic zooming in would help. In game on a phone it is very obvious. And again it only happened mid fight and after the enemies healed back to full protection. then I hit them and it goes back to light blue. So it could be a graphics issue but I would think it would stay white for those 2 people for the whole fight but logic doesnt always apply to glitches.

Figured someone would have seen the same thing before and say its a known bug or that I just didnt understand an ability or something.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Yea with that pic zooming in would help. In game on a phone it is very obvious. And again it only happened mid fight and after the enemies healed back to full protection. then I hit them and it goes back to light blue. So it could be a graphics issue but I would think it would stay white for those 2 people for the whole fight but logic doesnt always apply to glitches.

Figured someone would have seen the same thing before and say its a known bug or that I just didnt understand an ability or something.

I've noticed the same thing and wondered what it means. It doesn't seem to relate to any particular status effect as far as I can tell
    Post edited by FailingCrab on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    I think this is just a visual bug. I don't think I've ever personally seen a white protection bar. Mine are always very light blue (more cyan or teal), except for the aforementioned purple for Protection Up buffs. The TM bar is a more normal shade of blue.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    I think this is just a visual bug. I don't think I've ever personally seen a white protection bar. Mine are always very light blue (more cyan or teal), except for the aforementioned purple for Protection Up buffs. The TM bar is a more normal shade of blue.

Ty for the replys, Glad to know its not something I just overlooked.
  • TVF wrote: »
    the turn meter bar is blue,

Roses are red,
    the TM bar is blue,
    Old Ben is taunting,
    and so is Paploo.

booooooooooooo lol
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    You're welcome.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The white protection bar happens when you have more than your max protection. In this case, its happened cause garazeb died, so your max protection stat which was buffed by him went down to normal, so you have more protection than your actual max. Thats also why it goes to normal color when hit - the damage takes your protection back below your max. Same thing can happen when you lose R2, as he also buffs max prot.
  • meepmeep wrote: »
    The white protection bar happens when you have more than your max protection. In this case, its happened cause garazeb died, so your max protection stat which was buffed by him went down to normal, so you have more protection than your actual max. Thats also why it goes to normal color when hit - the damage takes your protection back below your max. Same thing can happen when you lose R2, as he also buffs max prot.

giphy.gif

No really, I didn't know that.
  • This is a weird thread...

:smiley:
  • So, are we discussing TM or protection here?
  • meepmeep wrote: »
    The white protection bar happens when you have more than your max protection. In this case, its happened cause garazeb died, so your max protection stat which was buffed by him went down to normal, so you have more protection than your actual max. Thats also why it goes to normal color when hit - the damage takes your protection back below your max. Same thing can happen when you lose R2, as he also buffs max prot.

Definitely the answer I was looking for right here. Thx for that