Bounty Hunter Rework: Cad Bane

Prev1
Zeeb05
121 posts Member
I know Cad Bane wasn't mentioned when discussing the upcoming Bounty Hunter rework, but he desperately needs it guys. Cad Bane not only is literally one of the best Bounty Hunters is the SW universe and was rated number one on starwars.com, but he also has absolutely ZERO viabilitey in the game. He's not even viabile with other Bounty Hunters. He's just simply not a good character at all and truly, truly needs an upgrade. I understand you can't go reworking every character in the game but with the combo of how badass and important Cad bane is, How terrible of a toon he is and Bounty Hunters finally getting a rework, please don't leave our little blue friend hanging. I literally beg of you! Thanks.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    True, but I can't imagine they would have made such a focused effort to just redo 4 of them without some longterm plan to do something with the others.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Hopefully he'll get something in time, but stated upcoming release/rework is for OT bounty hunters. So Zam, Cad, and maybe HK-47 (if he ever gets the tag) will have to wait.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The other idea we have been discussing is could they do enough with the other bounty hunters to make them viable vicariously??
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    I also want a Bane rework but he ain't the best, he was only there cause default, Jango was dead and Durge was technically in the CIS millitary and didn't count, and then a young Boba killed him
  • Zeeb05 wrote: »
    If he just had more speed and a little more health, he could be viable. He's a glass cannon and that's fine, but he's too slow and dies too quickley because of it.

His other abilities are also not that special, his leader is okayish but his special and unique are very jedi oriented, and Jedi teams arent even close to be meta if not one of the weakest teams out there, one might as well just say Cad doesnt have a unique at all, Bossk will 100% replace Cad due to his only positive point being his basic while Bossk as a tank will provide so much more, and lets be honest under a Boba lead its hard to boot out someone else, IG hits like a truck, Zam is extremely useful thanks to her thermals and Dengar has extremely interesting abilities with a whole variety of debuffs plus a basic that calls in assists, and Cad? A basic that can shoot twice and a weak stun, just not comparable, its better to wait for a possible clone wars Bounty Hunter rework with maybe Jango added.
  • +1 to this. Cad Bane is absolutely useless in current state. I hope developers will rework him too.
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    And yet, Cad is a character I advise a lot of new players to get, for the simple reason that he's the fastest fifth body to get a scoundrel team rolling, and those last two bodies on a scoundrel team don't matter after Boba, ST Han, and Lando. :tongue:

Of course, when the biggest selling point for a character is "filler," there may be a bit of an issue.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    And yet, Cad is a character I advise a lot of new players to get, for the simple reason that he's the fastest fifth body to get a scoundrel team rolling, and those last two bodies on a scoundrel team don't matter after Boba, ST Han, and Lando. :tongue:

Of course, when the biggest selling point for a character is "filler," there may be a bit of an issue.

I agree that Cad was the best choice for 5th bounty hunter but now things are changing Bossk is being added and all OT bounty hunters are getting reworked, this gives the possibility that even Greedo might be useful, just maybe, im more interested in seeing IG amd Dengar get useful boosts but i dont know why Boba would need a rework because i find him well balanced with a amazing leader
  • Greedo is already useful, if you're running a bounty hunter team, as DSTB forces you to. His ability to spread thermal detonators for Zam to pop is key.

But Greedo might actually become good, rather than nearly the only remotely functional option to proc Boba's lead and set up Zam.
    Still not a he.
  • Obviously, you all haven't tried going against him in 'Bounty Hunter - Tier V' of the Daily Challenges. I still can't get past him. It advises using characters w/ Offense Down against him, but I'm still clueless as to what that actually means & I've been playing this game for several months now. If this is a noob ? I apologize in advance, but I haven't found a tutorial for such a thing yet.
  • Obviously, you all haven't tried going against him in 'Bounty Hunter - Tier V' of the Daily Challenges.
    Is it a sarcasm? :|
    If this is a noob ?
    Yeah, too newbie for the "several monthes player".
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/offense-down/
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    There's no exact date, they only said they were focusing on a bounty hunter rework this month .
    Maybe next week sometime then, not many days left.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Zeeb05 wrote: »
    Perfect! I'm still optomistic. Saving my gear for Cad Bane then! The whole contracts thing gives me hope!
    Sorry, friend, but this month is specifically an original trilogy bounty hunter rework. Cad and Zam aren't getting one yet.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll get something in time, but stated upcoming release/rework is for OT bounty hunters. So Zam, Cad, and maybe HK-47 (if he ever gets the tag) will have to wait.

I don't think HK-47 is a bounty hunter, he's an assassin droid built by Revan to serve him.
    Darth Victus, the Unbreakable

https://swgoh.gg/u/darthvictus/
  • LordVictus wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

I don't think HK-47 is a bounty hunter, he's an assassin droid built by Revan to serve him.

He did work as a bounty hunting droid at one point.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Zeeb05 wrote: »
    Also as far as HK-47 being a bounty hunter goes, I'm all for it as long as Assaj Ventress gets her bounty hunter tag as well. People always cry about it like "ugh well Assaj wasn't a bounty hunter for very long soo.." That's everyones reason of why she shouldn't have the tag. It's dumb. Bottom line, she was a Bounty Hunter and so was HK-47. Let's just put on the Bounty Hunter tag on both of 'em and call it a day.
    Characters are snapshots. Asajj is a snapshot from before she was a bounty hunter. Which was actually a fairly significant run. The rest of her life, even. And she grew her hair back out for most of it.

Snapshot is the reason a lot of characters don't have a lot of tags. Like why Wedge doesn't have the Empire tag.
    Still not a he.
  • As cleared, they rework on original trilogy bounty hunters. Cad Bane, Zam Wesell will get a rework + many realeasing of new bounty hunters, maybe Embo, in far future perhaps.