no content update after announcement of - really suspicious

Prev1
jedilord
337 posts Member
edited April 2018
after the devs had announced that wicket/nightsister and sithraid reward fix is coming with the next content update, it seems they don´t want to release one^^

if we look back last month the longest timespan between two content updates was 7 days, the shortest 1 day on average every 4,14 days...
after the devs announcement we are waiting since the last content update until today (09.04.2018) 12 days, thats approximately 3 times longer than an average release needs... coincidence or not?

you can look for yourself here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/game-updates
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They stated the content update would be this week....
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    They stated the content update would be this week....

i have read the posts again, there is no word about this week... only that for sith raid:
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Below is an outline of the adjustments we're making, and you will see them in our next content update, which is intended to launch inside of the next two weeks.

inside the next two weeks... let us think back to my first post: last month on average 4 days, the longest timespan 7 days for content release. 4 days and even 7 days would be inside the next two weeks...

or that for wicket/nightsister:
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    We have content releases approximately every two weeks.

which we now know isn´t true, at least for the last month: approximately every 4-5 days (on average 4,14 days for last month)
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @Kyno
    why have you moved my discussion to feedback forum & website?
    my try to start a discussion about "coincidence or not?" about the missing content update has absolut nothing to do with forum or website?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Last update 3/28
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164522/content-update-hf-3-28-2018#latest

2 weeks would be this week, right on the nose.

General Discussion is geared towards new content releases and updates. Where is the next update refers as much to the Forum (where the information drops) as much as it does the game. This is a common move for such threads.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    Last update 3/28
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164522/content-update-hf-3-28-2018#latest

2 weeks would be this week, right on the nose.

General Discussion is geared towards new content releases and updates. Where is the next update refers as much to the Forum (where the information drops) as much as it does the game. This is a common move for such threads.

@Kyno sry you don´t understand...
    i have already said that none has ever said in this week... i am aware that 2 weeks would be this week. that has nothing to do with my discussion: average 4 days ... now 12 days coincidence or not?

sorry for misunderstanding, english is not my native language, but can you please explain that for me as for a kid maybe than i will understand it:

i don´t want a discussion about where the next update is. i don´t want a discussion about an update of a forum or a website, and if it would be a common move for such threads... look here: this guy has started a discussion in "General discussion" about where the next update is! 1 hour after me, and 1 hour after you have moved my thread (even if i have not asked where the next update is) to a section that is senseless but a thread which is exact that what you have told is not moved^^

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/165326/content-update#latest
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    There’s a difference between a regular content update and a content update [HF]. You need to look at the past regular content updates, not including hot fixes.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/123353/game-update-index#latest

• You gotta realize dude that some of those updates are hot fixes and such. Not actual content updates(new toons, toons moved to farmable locations etc). And kyno is right, the actual content updates are every 2 weeks, meaning towards the end of this week we will get one
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    There’s a difference between a regular content update and a content update [HF]. You need to look at the past regular content updates, not including hot fixes.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/123353/game-update-index#latest
    You gotta realize dude that some of those updates are hot fixes and such. Not actual content updates(new toons, toons moved to farmable locations etc). And kyno is right, the actual content updates are every 2 weeks, meaning towards the end of this week we will get one

when you both say so... than we have overtime!

the last content update without an hotfix was on 3/21/2018

now what about the 2 weeks now? @Kyno @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Is this thread for real?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Is this thread for real?

Nah, I think the op is dazed and confused.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Is this thread for real?

yes it is for real, and if both of you aren´t able or willing to take part of this discussion it would be nice of you to write nothing at all
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nothing states they are always ever 2 weeks. It's a general statement, which is why it says approximately every 2 weeks.

And I'm sorry, there was a whole bunch of information dumped out there over the past week. They stated the update would be this week in an video from one of the game changers.

And update is an update, I understand the last one was a hot fix, but it's still an update.
  • Didn't they state somewhere that the Raid Rewards update is scheduled for 11th of April?
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    Nothing states they are always ever 2 weeks. It's a general statement, which is why it says approximately every 2 weeks.

And I'm sorry, there was a whole bunch of information dumped out there over the past week. They stated the update would be this week in an video from one of the game changers.

And update is an update, I understand the last one was a hot fix, but it's still an update.

ok so we are at least at the beginning of the discussion... update is update nevertheless its a hotfix...

what do you mean with general statement? when i contend that the sky is purple and the water is dry than it is also a general statement even it is not true... we already know that the 2 weeks aren´t true even it´s approximately
  • jedilord wrote: »
    Is this thread for real?

yes it is for real, and if both of you aren´t able or willing to take part of this discussion it would be nice of you to write nothing at all

Or,. The fact that the thread is whining about an update that is due this week, and generally updates happen mid to end of the week, and it's Monday, and you are already calling names and accusing folks of false promises, mebbe , just mebbe, it's the thread and op that is. .. . .out there.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »
    Is this thread for real?

Or,. The fact that the thread is whining about an update that is due this week, and generally updates happen mid to end of the week, and it's Monday, and you are already calling names and accusing folks of false promises, mebbe , just mebbe, it's the thread and op that is. .. . .out there.

if you aren´t able to write in an respectful tone i don´t want you to write in my discussion further and i want you to leave the thread
  • jedilord wrote: »
    Is this thread for real?

if you aren´t able to write in an respectful tone i don´t want you to write in my discussion further and i want you to leave the thread

Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is this thread for real?

If only it was that easy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

ok so we are at least at the beginning of the discussion... update is update nevertheless its a hotfix...

what do you mean with general statement? when i contend that the sky is purple and the water is dry than it is also a general statement even it is not true... we already know that the 2 weeks aren´t true even it´s approximately

Well the word approximately by definition means not exactly. So a few days into week 3 would still be considered approximately 2 weeks.

You state the last update was the week of the 3/19-3/23

2 weeks after as a general statement would mean the week of 4/2-4/6.

Not exactly a week from 3/21, which would have been 4/4.

They didn't hit the general remark of 2 weeks, which as Carrie has stated multiple times they use approximately because things dont always work out.

So approximately could mean a few days or even a week later as it's not exact.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Is this thread for real?

Lol. So only people who are taking your side can write in your discussion? Why not be a little patient and wait for the update like everybody else?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's stay on topic please.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Well the word approximately by definition means not exactly. So a few days into week 3 would still be considered approximately 2 weeks.

They didn't hit the general remark of 2 weeks, which as Carrie has stated multiple times they use approximately because things dont always work out.

no, not that one... we are still at the point that noone said the next content release will come in 2 weeks...

we have only:
    1) the content shows up in the next content release - which is hopefully true, we will see it than...
    2) We have content releases approximately every two weeks. - which is not true, at least for the last month: on average 4,14 days for last month
    3) the content update will show up inside the next 2 weeks - that could mean everything... from now to 1 hour or 13days 23:59:59

so that we do not have a correct timeframe when content releases are going online, because 2) isn´t true, at least for the last month. we have to check it for ourself: i have done that and calculated a already mentionend average contentreleasetime = 4,14days and even a longest timespan 7 days...

but now we are waiting 12 days (3 times longer than on average)... on something that was announced every now and than and repeatedly that they (wicket, nightsister) would come to a farmable location... coincidence? impossible to believe any more
    They said in one of the gamechanger videos that they were trying for 4/11. However they didn’t want to commit. Probably because of whiny posts like this.

please don´t use words that you are not able to understand... how can a written word be whiny? a spoken yes of course, so if you speak so whine when you read my words, than do not blame me for that^^
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018

no, not that one... we are still at the point that noone said the next content release will come in 2 weeks...

we have only:
    1) the content shows up in the next content release - which is hopefully true, we will see it than...
    2) We have content releases approximately every two weeks. - which is not true, at least for the last month: on average 4,14 days for last month
    3) the content update will show up inside the next 2 weeks - that could mean everything... from now to 1 hour or 13days 23:59:59

so that we do not have a correct timeframe when content releases are going online, because 2) isn´t true, at least for the last month. we have to check it for ourself: i have done that and calculated a already mentionend average contentreleasetime = 4,14days and even a longest timespan 7 days...

but now we are waiting 12 days (3 times longer than on average)... on something that was announced every now and than and repeatedly that they (wicket, nightsister) would come to a farmable location... coincidence? impossible to believe any more
    They said in one of the gamechanger videos that they were trying for 4/11. However they didn’t want to commit. Probably because of whiny posts like this.

please don´t use words that you are not able to understand... how can a written word be whiny, a spoken yes of course, so if you speak so whiny when you read my words, than do not blame me for your fault^^
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Is this thread for real?

Lol. So only people who are taking your side can write in your discussion? Why not be a little patient and wait for the update like everybody else?

have i said that? i don´t think so. is kyno on my side, i don´t think so... and yes i am a little patient and wait until the first announcement that wicket goes on air since i don´t know but it feels like 10 years^^
  • Does he OP not understand? I don't know how he got "average being 4 days" for content update. As we said, those "updates" are hot fixes, you know when they find and fix an issue. Not actual content updates with new stuff
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    i am a little patient

Magic_8_ball_-_MY_SOURCES_SAY_NO_%2814105579743%29.jpg
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Does he OP not understand? I don't know how he got "average being 4 days" for content update. As we said, those "updates" are hot fixes, you know when they find and fix an issue. Not actual content updates with new stuff

kyno has already said a hotfix is still an update... you can read it here:

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    So what's your endgame here? What do you hope to accomplish that would be better than just waiting until Wednesday?
  • Pretty sure kyno isn't taking sides.

And the point here is that , you are jumping the gun, and complaining about a content update that isn't even late yet.

Just because you have determined updates are not being released fast enough to suit you, doesn't make them late, and doesn't mean that anything is being messed with. There is no coincidence of whatever nonsense you are alluding too. And you are simply complaining for the sake of it.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    So what's your endgame here? What do you hope to accomplish that would be better than just waiting until Wednesday?

the endgame? it indicates that the whole Q & A was nice and cool but it has changed nothing about the "soon" or "in august" statements
    Pretty sure kyno isn't taking sides.

And the point here is that , you are jumping the gun, and complaining about a content update that isn't even late yet.

Just because you have determined updates are not being released fast enough to suit you, doesn't make them late, and doesn't mean that anything is being messed with. There is no coincidence of whatever nonsense you are alluding too. And you are simply complaining for the sake of it.

read all the posts again, have i said they are late? i don´t think so.

the rest is your opinion and i accept it that you are thinking that way,
    so if it is all nonsense what i have written and i am simply complaining for the sake of it, i hope you have decided to not read future posts in that thread any more
This discussion has been closed.