no content update after announcement of - really suspicious

2Next

Replies

• jedilord wrote: »
    Does he OP not understand? I don't know how he got "average being 4 days" for content update. As we said, those "updates" are hot fixes, you know when they find and fix an issue. Not actual content updates with new stuff

kyno has already said a hotfix is still an update... you can read it here:
    Kyno wrote: »
    And update is an update, I understand the last one was a hot fix, but it's still an update.

Still an update, yes, but shouldn't be considered when you figure "the average days" between updates, as I said; they are fixes, not new content
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jedilord wrote: »

read all the posts again, have i said they are late? i don´t think so.

The title of your post is about it being suspicious that there was no content release after the update. are you not saying right there that you think it is late? or at least that it didn't happen when it was supposed to?

Beyond that i'm sorry, i am lost as to what you are saying. maybe its lost in translation, but the dev team states they try for an update every 2 weeks. you say thats not true. ok got it.

have a good day.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Does he OP not understand? I don't know how he got "average being 4 days" for content update. As we said, those "updates" are hot fixes, you know when they find and fix an issue. Not actual content updates with new stuff

And update is an update, I understand the last one was a hot fix, but it's still an update.

Still an update, yes, but shouldn't be considered when you figure "the average days" between updates, as I said; they are fixes, not new content

after all as i have already said: either an update is an update than the average time is 4,14 days, or if you want to exclude the hotfixes than we have overtime because the last content update without an hotfix was on 3/21/2018 and is nearly 3 weeks old
    please don´t use words that you are not able to understand... how can a written word be whiny, a spoken yes of course, so if you speak so whiny when you read my words, than do not blame me for your fault^^

Lol. The written word can have a tone. And yours is definitely whiny. This is obvious lot going no where so I’ll be the adult and leave it that.

that´s fine mister adult the only post of you was to insult somebody else in that thread so if you have that opinion that this is adult behavior i let you believe in that

The title of your post is about it being suspicious that there was no content release after the update. are you not saying right there that you think it is late? or at least that it didn't happen when it was supposed to?

Beyond that i'm sorry, i am lost as to what you are saying. maybe its lost in translation, but the dev team states they try for an update every 2 weeks. you say thats not true. ok got it.

have a good day.

yes it´s suspicious for me that there was no content release after the announcement from the producers... but how can i say it is late when noone has a clue on what date that content update is going online?
    i only could say it is late if the devs had announced an exact date.

crazylazyguy mentioned that
    Didn't they state somewhere that the Raid Rewards update is scheduled for 11th of April?

I can´t read that in the announcements, but if that is true than we are definitely not late. but either way (average time/longest timespan or the 3 weeks timeframe if we exclude the hotfixes) we are massively out of normal time frame. for me suspicious, just because a) the update is concerning talzin and wicket... b) sithraid rewards, the sithraid nerf was going online in less than a week when i correctly remember...

i wish you also a good day
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    lol op
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

after all as i have already said: either an update is an update than the average time is 4,14 days, or if you want to exclude the hotfixes than we have overtime because the last content update without an hotfix was on 3/21/2018 and is nearly 3 weeks old
    please don´t use words that you are not able to understand... how can a written word be whiny, a spoken yes of course, so if you speak so whiny when you read my words, than do not blame me for your fault^^

Lol. The written word can have a tone. And yours is definitely whiny. This is obvious lot going no where so I’ll be the adult and leave it that.

that´s fine mister adult the only post of you was to insult somebody else in that thread so if you have that opinion that this is adult behavior i let you believe in that

have a good day.

yes it´s suspicious for me that there was no content release after the announcement from the live producers... but how can i say it is late when noone has a clue on what date that content update is going online?

Didn't they state somewhere that the Raid Rewards update is scheduled for 11th of April?

I can´t read that in the announcements, but if that is true than we are definitely not late. but either way (average time/longest timespan or the 3 weeks timeframe if we exclude the hotfixes) we are massively out of normal time frame. for me suspicious, just because a) the update is concerning talzin and wicket... b) sithraid rewards, the sithraid nerf was going online in less than a week when i correctly remember...

• Kyno wrote: »

have a good day.
    yes it´s suspicious for me that there was no content release after the announcement from the live producers... but how can i say it is late when noone has a clue on what date that content update is going online?

• The devs said that the next content update will be between two weeks. this does not refrence other updates, and so you need to start two weeks after they made that statement and not after the update.

Next, HFes are updates, but not CONTENT updates, so you have to count them within the update count but not as a content update. There are also version updates which add new content, which are large content updated

Finally, There is no "update candence". The devs have not given anything like "we ll give you a update everu week. The update comes as the stuff is developed. There s literally nothing to get excited about.
  • I would also like to add that content updates usually occur within a 1 week to 2 week radius, unless things like version updates and QoL stuff interferes with the trend. A 2 week for a update is no way unreasonable or suspiscious
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ... i am aware that 2 weeks would be this week. that has nothing to do with my discussion: average 4 days ... now 12 days coincidence or not?

The average content update cadence is irrelevant to me. I don't care if we go 12 days without an update.

• Content update cadences.
    21st dec.
    10th jan.
    25th jan.
    7th feb.
    1st march.
    13th march.
    21st march.
    I have excluded HF updates. My first advice is, to always get yourself a larger sample size.

Difference between CU's in general has been pretty variable. For example, if you had taken the example of feb, you would have assumed content updates happen once a month. Which is just not true. Same for march, they don't happen that often either generally. They have given us a 2 week timeframe for us to assume ~1 week difference or even a ~3 week difference sometimes. It has no cadence as such so give up following it.

Is this one late due to some ulterior reasons? Sure, if you feel so.
    Does it mean they also purposely released the 1st march update late for ulterior reasons? Sure, lol. (This update contained the STR which the whole community, including devs were excited for).
    The point is, they don't do it intentionally. Yeah sure, they aren't the most punctual people, but they don't have ulterior motives after they promise to release something and get late. Besides, everyone who wanted those characters have already bought 'em and others are now just waiting. See ya.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    The devs said that the next content update will be between two weeks. this does not refrence other updates, and so you need to start two weeks after they made that statement and not after the update.

Next, HFes are updates, but not CONTENT updates, so you have to count them within the update count but not as a content update. There are also version updates which add new content, which are large content updated

Finally, There is no "update candence". The devs have not given anything like "we ll give you a update everu week. The update comes as the stuff is developed. There s literally nothing to get excited about.

as i have already posted: cg tophat posted that:
    Mother Talzin, Wicket, Nightsister Spirit, and Nightsister Zombie will be moving to farmable locations in the next content release. [...] We have content releases approximately every two weeks.
    this is in my opinion referenced to other updates, and there are no words like in 2 weeks after this post or similar to that, like you mentioned
    maybe you are right that a hotfix is only a update and no content update. to be honest as i started this thread i had no idea whats the difference between a Content Update 11/8/2017 and a Content Update[HF] 11/1/2017 they both were named content update from the devs so i counted both...
    i have never said that a dev had said something about that we get every week an update...
    [...] My first advice is, to always get yourself a larger sample size.

Difference between CU's in general has been pretty variable. For example, if you had taken the example of feb, you would have assumed content updates happen once a month. Which is just not true. Same for march, they don't happen that often either generally. They have given us a 2 week timeframe for us to assume ~1 week difference or even a ~3 week difference sometimes. It has no cadence as such so give up following it.

Is this one late due to some ulterior reasons? Sure, if you feel so.
    Does it mean they also purposely released the 1st march update late for ulterior reasons? Sure, lol. (This update contained the STR which the whole community, including devs were excited for).
    The point is, they don't do it intentionally. Yeah sure, they aren't the most punctual people, but they don't have ulterior motives after they promise to release something and get late. Besides, everyone who wanted those characters have already bought 'em and others are now just waiting. See ya.

now that is a good advice, i wanted first of all not count the days a longer period of time because i thought the effort it takes stays in no connection of a simple discussion about coincidence or not, but ok i catch up with this now...

i have counted the updates (without the hotfixes) from 26.07.2017 until the last one 21.03.2018... i would have counted more, but unfortunately all updated before the 26.07.2017 had an other wording they were named as game updates and not a content update... but i think 8 month are pretty ok to get an average time. here is the result:
    the longest timespan between two updates (without the hotfixes) was 21 days (if it lasted them this long there were specials in between, like x-mas as example), the shortest only 1 day, on average every 13,3888889 days...

the last update (without hotfix) was on 21.03.2018 and thats for today 20 days (but without a special like x-mas in between) so i think we are still out fo normal time frame
  • It's alright @Kyno don't let the naysayers get to you. I personally enjoy your moderating, and think you've always been fair.

You're clearly 'one of us' and I like seeing your responses to things.
  • CG Tophat made that announcement on the 30th of March. That leaves until the 13th of April as the "2 weeks". At the time of 21/3/18 update, that statement wasnt made. Whatever before that cannot be used.

Assuming version updatea are content updates (Since they are just larger versions of the latter), the average day between each update would be around 12.5 days, making the new promise of every two weeks basically a reafdirmation of what was already going on.

Finally, did you notice how for the past week the devs have had mutiple events to which they spread information? why is that not a special event that should be factored into your calculations?

I still have no clue whats so suspicious about this.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    CG Tophat made that announcement on the 30th of March. That leaves until the 13th of April as the "2 weeks". At the time of 21/3/18 update, that statement wasnt made. Whatever before that cannot be used.

Assuming version updatea are content updates (Since they are just larger versions of the latter), the average day between each update would be around 12.5 days, making the new promise of every two weeks basically a reafdirmation of what was already going on.

Finally, did you notice how for the past week the devs have had mutiple events to which they spread information? why is that not a special event that should be factored into your calculations?

I still have no clue whats so suspicious about this.

sry, the statement is referring to the past and not to the future... he hasn´t posted: from now on we will release content updates approximately every two weeks... if he had post it like this than yes of course you were right

because i have no clue at all what work the devs all day have to do... such an multiple event (that wasn´t published) also could have occured between 28.08.2017 and 09.06.2017 (10 days timespan) i don´t know, but maybe you do? but some special holidays like x-mas, new years eve, thanks giving, halloween or summer time vacation and much more could be factored in...
    and i want to mention that these are not factored into my calculations, i have only said (if it lasted them this long there were specials in between, like x-mas as example) no changing calculations because of the holidays...
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    double post
    Post edited by jedilord on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i can't find a good reason for ea/cg to delay updates other than the update not being ready yet. It's not like they're going to make alot of money by delaying the f2p release of talzin/wicket by a week after they announced an approximate date.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    triple post
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    quadruple post, seems my browser have some issues sometimes when i edit an written post... sry for that
    EDIT: ah... as i have seen the forum is deleting my post if i edit it often or in a short period of time with a small note in the left corner that it must be confirmed by someone (i don´t know the exact words) ... no other notification, i´ve missed that info until now...
    note to myself: don´t edit a post, even if i think its unreadable because of mistakes, words and set position (english is not my native language)^^
    Post edited by jedilord on
  • Wait...

Is the “issue” here that we were told that the content paste would be released “in about 2 weeks”, and it’s been less than 2 weeks without it?
    And that’s suspicious because we got more frequent updates during some short period that you hand picked for your argument?

IMO - as a part of the improved communication initiatives, the dev team committed to some additional updates that they knew would take a bit longer to implement and gave us that info upfront by committing to “about 2 weeks”.
    It’s hard for me to follow your reasoning that it’s “suspicious” for them to have not released it sooner than they said that they would...
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Wait...

Is the “issue” here that we were told that the content paste would be released “in about 2 weeks”, and it’s been less than 2 weeks without it?
    And that’s suspicious because we got more frequent updates during some short period that you hand picked for your argument?

IMO - as a part of the improved communication initiatives, the dev team committed to some additional updates that they knew would take a bit longer to implement and gave us that info upfront by committing to “about 2 weeks”.
    It’s hard for me to follow your reasoning that it’s “suspicious” for them to have not released it sooner than they said that they would...

no it is not
  • I don't understand why any of this matters.

Are you trying to say that because it hasn't happened in a timeframe that's appropriate for you that they aren't going to make them farmable in a store or on a node? What have they done that is suspicious?

Here's the deal with software; content gets released when it's ready. Having general guidelines are just that; general guidelines.

Saying "suspicious" makes it sound like there's some diabolical scheme to disadvantage players, but every player that is willing to spend crystals on those characters probably already has them 7* and the rest of us are all in the same boat. So no one is being disadvantaged.
  • Wow. The 11th will be here soon enough. Patience everyone.

Veruca Salt, "I want it now!"

Lol
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I don't understand why any of this matters.
    It doesn't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Lol

It's my update and I want it now! :P

Lol

It's my update and I want it now! :P

Call J.G. Wentworth

Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Closed.

Let try to avoid "personal attacks" in the future.
This discussion has been closed.