Bug or cheating AI?

Just finished a fight in the arena, me Pheonix vs Nightsisters.

First thing that happened, Hera was stunned by Old Daka... no biggie, until I noticed that when Hera's TM restarted, she was still stunned. AFAIK Daka has only a 1 turn stun.

Second thing, and it's not the first time I have encountered this... Zombie's turn, taunt gets activated, he attacks, gets countered and killed, and revives with taunt.

So, is it a bug that needs to be addressed or is it an intentional advantage given to the AI, just like enhanced potency/dodge?

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    I actually dont want to answer your question because you ve made it clear that you believe in a intentional advanatage given to the AI, which is a excuse people have for bad luck or skill.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Firstly there is no AI advantage or "cheating".

Zombie - a counter is during the toons turn, zombie gains taunt at the end of the turn, so after it revives it gains taunt and ends its turn. WAI.

Stun - that might be a bug, but OD also has a secondary stun on her basic, so he could have reapplied stun while attacking another target. It's hard to tell without a video.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Zombie - a counter is during the toons turn, zombie gains taunt at the end of the turn, so after it revives it gains taunt and ends its turn. WAI.

Stun - that might be a bug, but OD also has a secondary stun on her basic, so he could have reapplied stun while attacking another target. It's hard to tell without a video.

A counter is during an opponents turn, IE Zombie's turn. Since it was Zombie's turn, it attacked, got counterattacked, DIED. The death part is, for all intents and purposes, the end of its turn. When Zombie revives it is counted as a new turn. If it were as you claim, the zombie would have perma-taunt.(have no clue what WAI stands for)

Stun - stun doesn't stack. To get stunned again, Hera would've had to get unstunned first. As I have said, the transition between turns(the TM going from full to empty) was made with Hera being stunned.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    I actually dont want to answer your question because you ve made it clear that you believe in a intentional advanatage given to the AI, which is a excuse people have for bad luck or skill.

I just finished a fleet arena. My starting team Bigs x-wing, Slave I, Imp tie fighter, FO tie fighter and tie silencer.

None of the first 4 managed to target lock the opponents X-wing...the opponents x-wing, resistance and ARC, target locked each time they fired on my ships. My Imp TF got no dodge...opponents TIE Fighter dodged 3 out of 4 shots fired on him(without having foresight)...

Yeah...guess my pilots don't have skill...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

A counter is during an opponents turn, IE Zombie's turn. Since it was Zombie's turn, it attacked, got counterattacked, DIED. The death part is, for all intents and purposes, the end of its turn. When Zombie revives it is counted as a new turn. If it were as you claim, the zombie would have perma-taunt.(have no clue what WAI stands for)

A counter to any toons turn is during their turn. You said he attacked, which can only happen on his turn. And as his skill states he gains taunt at the end of his turn. His death doesn't end his turn, the end of his turn ends his turn.

WAI- working as intended

Him dying during someone else's turn and reviving is not during his turn so no taunt.
    Kyno wrote: »

Stun - stun doesn't stack. To get stunned again, Hera would've had to get unstunned first. As I have said, the transition between turns(the TM going from full to empty) was made with Hera being stunned.

Correct it doesn't stack but my point is daka could have moved right after hera was unstunned and restunned her.

In 4x it can happen quick, hera hits 100% tm, stun expired, next turn is daka and she lands a stun again.

I was just offering a suggestion to the possibility that it was not exactly what you saw and there are possible outcomes to make it appear that way, without claiming AI advantage.
  • Who was lead? Ventress lead gives TMR to allies

Mother Talzin
  • AI cheats in fleet battles all the time.
  • @Kyno so if the zombie dies during his turn, it still gets the taunt when he revives? Didn't know that, thanks! As for the stun, between daka's stun and hera's TM refresh there was no other stun from daka. That's what got me asking questions.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    @Kyno so if the zombie dies during his turn, it still gets the taunt when he revives? Didn't know that, thanks! As for the stun, between daka's stun and hera's TM refresh there was no other stun from daka. That's what got me asking questions.

Does anyone know if daka' s two stuns from basic (target and random) lands on the one target it becomes a 2 turn stun.

I have a sort of recollection of someone saying that it does.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    AI cheats in fleet battles all the time.

No it doesn't. Stop spouting nonsense. Confirmation bias and/or players not understanding how fleet mechanics work are usually the "culprit" when something seems amiss.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno so if the zombie dies during his turn, it still gets the taunt when he revives? Didn't know that, thanks! As for the stun, between daka's stun and hera's TM refresh there was no other stun from daka. That's what got me asking questions.

Then yes you may want to document it a little and see if you can recreate it a d report it to <<Answers HQ>>.
    Naraic wrote: »
    @Kyno so if the zombie dies during his turn, it still gets the taunt when he revives? Didn't know that, thanks! As for the stun, between daka's stun and hera's TM refresh there was no other stun from daka. That's what got me asking questions.

Does anyone know if daka' s two stuns from basic (target and random) lands on the one target it becomes a 2 turn stun.

I have a sort of recollection of someone saying that it does.

It shouldn't stack, there I no debuff to my knowledge that stacks number of turns. If I recall correctly they made a big deal about KRU, because his stun was for 2 turns.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    asajj also has stun chance on basic fwiw, not sure if that's what happened to op.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • NateSummers
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    There is a zombie taunt hack I face teams with it all the time.
    I use a nightsisters team and can see the opposing zombie either have its taunt power on a 1 turn cooldown or just randomly taunt while my zombie "non hacked" has no such perma taunt so spare me the outright nonsense you know its happening and can turn a blind eye all you want but spare me the lies.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    There is a zombie taunt hack I face teams with it all the time.
    I use a nightsisters team and can see the opposing zombie either have its taunt power on a 1 turn cooldown or just randomly taunt while my zombie "non hacked" has no such perma taunt so spare me the outright nonsense you know its happening and can turn a blind eye all you want but spare me the lies.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

You might want to actually look at the buffs going on, zombie doesn’t have a taunt power per se, it’s auto taunt after each turn.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Thread's almost a year old so I'm going to be locking this now. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.