Game Changers Videos [MERGE]

Prev134
Haidon
35 posts Member
edited April 2018
I could swear that either last night or this morning, I got a popup for another Game Changers video. The previous one (Bossk confirmed?) I watched and enjoyed. This one, I could swear said something about mod management. I didn't have time to watch it, so I clicked the video button, then added it to my bookmarks. However, I obviously didn't do it right, because it's not there.

So.... did anyone get a good link to this video? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Thrawn
    627 posts Member
    I think is what you're looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXHdxMrAkI
    "In the darkest night, any light is welcome." – I, Jedi
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You can check out the Art and Media sub forum for more links and videos
  • I love how they acted like, omg players did stuff we did not expect and that’s not how we intended mods to be. It’s not anyone’s first rodeo with mods. Every game, pretty much ever, placed some way to enhance gear or stats into it and players who are a lot smarter than me with math reduced everything to an equation to get the most bang.

Speed is out of control in this game. Even the devs use speed to halt players progress in every form of combat from fleet challenge to raids and TB to mythics. Put a cap on speed or give it diminishing returns above 220 and problem solved. Every player knows if a mod has no speed secondary to not develop it, just sell. It does not take rocket science to see a toon with +30 speed secondary in every mod wins. Slow teams loose.
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    You can check out the Art and Media sub forum for more links and videos

I was also looking for it and checked that sub forum but didn't see it in there
  • @Haidon I saw the same pop up but haven't been able to locate it either.
  • Same here
  • Love the Game Changers, but I wish they would publish a post when they do these types of interviews. Time is precious, and I can read MUCH faster than watch a video.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Love the Game Changers, but I wish they would publish a post when they do these types of interviews. Time is precious, and I can read MUCH faster than watch a video.
    Seconded. It's rarely convenient for me to watch videos on my phone, but reading text is much more accessible (and miles quicker)

But I guess people don't get famous by writing text these days
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Rynchenzo wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Love the Game Changers, but I wish they would publish a post when they do these types of interviews. Time is precious, and I can read MUCH faster than watch a video.
    Seconded. It's rarely convenient for me to watch videos on my phone, but reading text is much more accessible (and miles quicker)

But I guess people don't get famous by writing text these days

Print is dead.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018

I think being a woman downshort in the office is making this come out a little less organized than it has been with the Character info release, which usually included all the videos all together in one place.

Edited for clarity.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I wish that all the game changers would have the same Q&A so I only need to watch one from my favourite GC, rather than watch them all and wonder if I missed out on any good info.
  • If we say Porkins three times he will appear.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Porkins porkins porkins
  • I missed it. Went to YouTube and typed in Mod Management and it was the First video to pop up.
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member

Totally agree with you. I rarely, if ever, watch the videos but I read all developer posts.
  • KvotheQGBQG2
    811 posts Member
    edited April 2018

I think being a woman downshort in the office is making this come out a little less organized than it has been with the Character info release, which usually included all the videos all together in one place.

Wait. What? Being a woman is doing what, exactly?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Edit: removed
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I think being a woman down at the office is making this come out a little less organized than it has been with the Character info release, which usually included all the videos all together in one place.

Wait. What? Being a woman is doing what, exactly?

This statement is in reference to Kozi not being in the office as referenced here.

On Going Communications, Dev Blogs & Q&As
    While these communications are necessary and we’re overindexing on them right now in response to the lack of sufficient communication for awhile, the number of communications we are doing this week is not maintainable longterm (especially as we are looking to hire a Community Manager. If you are interested in or know anyone qualified for this position, check it out here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164646/dev-blog-community-improvements-3-29-18#latest

Or here
    [QUESTION: Dark_Invader] what happened to @CG_Kozispoon

[CVG]CG_Kozispoon is still with us, but she recently moved away from Sacramento. We are still discussing with her what the long-term plan is. In the meantime, we have opened a Community Manager position here in Sacramento. If you (or anyone you know) would like to come work on a Star Wars game with a bunch of nerds like us, please see the job listing here:
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Hoping this might be a misinterpretation but this response seems somewhat....misogynistic to say the least
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ferret2112 wrote: »

I think being a woman down in the office is making this come out a little less organized than it has been with the Character info release, which usually included all the videos all together in one place.

Hoping this might be a misinterpretation but this response seems somewhat....misogynistic to say the least

Please see my above comments for clarification, but kozi is a woman and is not longer in the office to organize the output of information.....not sure how that shows prejudice in any way.
  • Smoot_Raider
    89 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Turns of phrase and idioms make the English language so much fun. Take for instance the phrase "we're a man down" referring to being short staffed. Change that to "we're a woman down" and it means the same thing. Use it with correct grammer and the verb "being" and it makes it confusing as all get out to figure out where the phrase begins and where it ends. Try Kyno's sentence with this focus and see if it makes more sense..."I think, being a woman down in the office, is making..."
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    vtoq7acpskoc.gif
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Back on point now, I watched the video and for those looking for a quick text summary:

Mod management is on the table. But with no time table. Reasons being that mods are being used in a way that wasn't planned for and now are such a big part of the game that any change to them requires a hefty discussion and large amount of work and I would assume a TON of testing. It is not as simple as saving sets of mods.

Important Quote: "We think [mods and mod management] should be able to be understood INSIDE the game"

The entire system needs to be revamped and probably tutorials created so that both new and existing players that don't regularly visit the forum understand how it impacts them.They mentioned how a lvl 15 upgraded mod is the same color as a level 1 mod with 4 secondary stats on it. To a new player, this is probably confusing. This among other things are being worked on including how to even display mod management on the screen.

It was also mentioned that a rework to mods may come with 6 dot mods.

The rest of the video touched on "perceived RNG changes vs actual RNG changes." They stated they have not made deliberate changes to RNG in any fashion and that if we believe otherwise, it is either perceived (it's all in your head!) or possibly a bug. I have personally raged about RNG before and "perceived" changes but they made a point, people typically only remember when RNG was extremely bad for you and not when it was good.

They also mentioned several times how they can't give time frames for new features/characters for fear of disappointing us by missing deadlines.

They mentioned how they don't love just rebels, Dark Side is getting lots of love, blah blah, etc, Traya will be wicked powerful then made obsolete by an over the top counter, etc etc. I'm paraphrasing here obviously. There were also some awkward laughs.

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Ferret2112 wrote: »

Ahhhh! Your original post confused me as well. I was reading it as "A women down [present/on-hand] in the office" vs "A women down [short] in the office".
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I'm not sure that they couldn't have seen that people would be moving mods around as often as they are.

I think the reason mod management is such a large part of a QOL update request, is the fact that because the mods you get from "playing" the mod battles, are so RNG dependant on what is received. I know that more than 90% of my winnings from mod battles are sold back for credits.

That's why we want/need to have sets in the first place.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Huh?

Mod management is needed because we have so many toons required in so many parts of the game now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think they're overcomplicating what needs to be done. Mod management, in my mind, is two things:
    1) Having filters like those that exist on swgoh.gg. While swgoh.gg is great, it doesn't show mods that are unassigned, so I don't know if I've got a speed secondary going unused.
    2) Being able to save mod sets the same way we can save squads for easy assignment. Also, a "remove all" button for the toon.

I know this is a fair bit of work to implement, but it's not a dramatic overhaul either. Would be nice if they could do this as a stopgap solution until they figure out what they really want mods to be.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Obvious workaround for the first point is to assign all your mods so they show up on third-party sites.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @Kyno I thought you were saying that being a woman down in the office, meaning, you are a woman in the office... so I was confused by what you meant.

Reading it in context of being without Kozi in the office; it changes the whole conversation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno I thought you were saying that being a woman down in the office, meaning, you are a woman in the office... so I was confused by what you meant.

Reading it in context of being without Kozi in the office; it changes the whole conversation.

Yes, I apologize for any confusion.