Is it just me or is the new Solo Trailer much better?

Prev1
Title. I found myself excited for it when I viewed it today. As opposed to the first couple. Maybe that it’s a little more than a month away or that Donald Glover just looks bad kitten as young Lando. Pretty hype now.

Replies

• I am with you. This is really the first one I let myself watch, and yeah, Pimp Lando is gonna be awesome and I am excite.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Its the same thing. Idk why people freaking out.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Its the same thing. Idk why people freaking out.

Probably the post-tlj-flip outs
  • I don't like the music style. It's too jaunty (there's a word you don't get to use). It's just Luke's song sped up right?
  • I don't know if it's better - but they're definitely working hard to sell this movie. And honestly? I'm looking forward to it, if only because the trailer alone promises more new characters and locations and vehicles than the whole of the Last Jedi movie did.

We all know we're getting a new Han and Chewie, but we'll probably also get the new Lando and his droid sidekick L3-37. But that's just the start, there's also:

Tobias Beckett
    Qi-Ra
    Val
    Dryden Voss
    Enfys Nest
    Rio Durant

...not to mention:

Mudtroopers
    Rangetroopers

...and whatever else this movie might potentially add in the way of other yet to be named/seen characters and ships, like that weird new TIE fighter you see in the first trailer, and whoever that other Wookiee was. And there's even more named characters in the IMDB site.

I think I'm more excited for what this movie can do for this game than the movie itself. And I'm pretty stoked for this movie now, so that's something.
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I don't know if it's better - but they're definitely working hard to sell this movie. And honestly? I'm looking forward to it, if only because the trailer alone promises more new characters and locations and vehicles than the whole of the Last Jedi movie did.

We all know we're getting a new Han and Chewie, but we'll probably also get the new Lando and his droid sidekick L3-37. But that's just the start, there's also:

Tobias Beckett
    Qi-Ra
    Val
    Dryden Voss
    Enfys Nest
    Rio Durant

...not to mention:

Mudtroopers
    Rangetroopers

...and whatever else this movie might potentially add in the way of other yet to be named/seen characters and ships, like that weird new TIE fighter you see in the first trailer, and whoever that other Wookiee was. And there's even more named characters in the IMDB site.

I think I'm more excited for what this movie can do for this game than the movie itself. And I'm pretty stoked for this movie now, so that's something.

I suppose if your think about it like that, at worst it gives us cool new stuff even if it stinks.

giphy.gif
  • It definitely looks a lot better now than it once was, I’m more excited for it
    I don't know if it's better - but they're definitely working hard to sell this movie. And honestly? I'm looking forward to it, if only because the trailer alone promises more new characters and locations and vehicles than the whole of the Last Jedi movie did.

Tobias Beckett
    Qi-Ra
    Val
    Dryden Voss
    Enfys Nest
    Rio Durant

...not to mention:

Mudtroopers
    Rangetroopers

All about more Troopers.
  • I still don't like Aldrich Ehrenreich as Han Solo. Which is probably a bad thing.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I still don't like Aldrich Ehrenreich as Han Solo. Which is probably a bad thing.

I think this trailer showed a lot more humor. I’m on the hype train. Just expecting a space heist and more toons for the game.
    I still don't like Aldrich Ehrenreich as Han Solo. Which is probably a bad thing.

I think this trailer showed a lot more humor. I’m on the hype train. Just expecting a space heist and more toons for the game.

Exactly. I'm hoping for the Star Wars version of Ronin. Give me that and we are golden.

Exactly. I'm hoping for the Star Wars version of Ronin. Give me that and we are golden.

A lot of movies to see this summer. Kind of hoping with Star Wars they move away from the OT after episode 9

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

If you're old like me and remember the old Dark Horse comics than this news MIGHT mean something to you:

TAG AND BINK ARE NOW CANON AS OF THIS MOVIE. NOT KIDDING. TAG. AND. BINK.
    CaptainRex wrote: »

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

If you're old like me and remember the old Dark Horse comics than this news MIGHT mean something to you:

Really? If so that’s amazing

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

*has no idea who Tag and Bink are*

Yay?

Tobias Beckett
    Qi-Ra
    Val
    Dryden Voss
    Enfys Nest
    Rio Durant

...not to mention:

Mudtroopers
    Rangetroopers

All about more Troopers.

It is all about more Troopers. And don't forget Patrol Troopers, too.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Seems fine to me. Couldn't imagine him in the part before the trailers but now he seems to fit the role just fine. He's c o c k y enough.
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    MCThr33pio wrote: »

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

Really? If so that’s amazing

According to the IMDB article, yeah, it's true.

I'm certain they won't be the same Tag and Bink from the old Dark Horse comics, but still a weird twist.

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

Yay?

You can look them up on Wookieepedia. They're basically the Guildenstern and Rosencrantz of the Star Wars universe.

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

Yay?

You can look them up on Wookieepedia. They're basically the Guildenstern and Rosencrantz of the Star Wars universe.

Cool. They are also in TFA.

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

Yay?

I had to look up Guildenstern and Rosencrantz, I haven't read Hamlet in years. I don't like Shakespeare unless it's reworked by Kurosawa and set in ancient Japan. :p

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

Yay?

Like in disguises or the actual characters?

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

Yay?

As stormtroopers.

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

Yay?

As stormtroopers.

Cool, thanks

OH WAIT - I FORGOT.

Yay?

As stormtroopers.

Cool, thanks

Sorry was commuting

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_and_Bink
  • Some Nerdist tweets are in..... and they say Solo is a lot of fun. A caper/Western and while we know some things to suspect it doesn’t happen like we expect them to- meeting Chewy, etc.
    They say (no surprise here) Donald Glover plays Lando magnificently.
    And Erdrich plays a good Han. But the show stealer is the droid L3.
    A good balance of fan service and it’s own movie.

My hype continues to grow!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Some Nerdist tweets are in..... and they say Solo is a lot of fun. A caper/Western and while we know some things to suspect it doesn’t happen like we expect them to- meeting Chewy, etc.

Hmm, I saw that new clip yesterday, and Alden **** just as bad as I thought he was going to.
    All the youtube comments were about how great the music was (and with John Powell scoring, no surprise there).
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
    Some Nerdist tweets are in..... and they say Solo is a lot of fun. A caper/Western and while we know some things to suspect it doesn’t happen like we expect them to- meeting Chewy, etc.

Hmm, I saw that new clip yesterday, and Alden **** just as bad as I thought he was going to.
    All the youtube comments were about how great the music was (and with John Powell scoring, no surprise there).

Haha- at the very least this will be the only movie you see him in. No trilogy etc. I think a movie on scoundrel fun will pump some life into the growing SW canon. Whether you loved or hated TLJ there is def a deep chasm in the community about it.
    I just want Solo to be what I read it is. Fun, funny caper/western with fan service in surprising ways.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member

Haha- at the very least this will be the only movie you see him in. No trilogy etc. I think a movie on scoundrel fun will pump some life into the growing SW canon. Whether you loved or hated TLJ there is def a deep chasm in the community about it.
    I just want Solo to be what I read it is. Fun, funny caper/western with fan service in surprising ways.

Actually he's signed on to appear in at least 3 more movies :confused:

Actually he's signed on to appear in at least 3 more movies :confused:

Lmao. I had no idea. A total unintentional troll.