Officers and leader only chat option?

Beef
39 posts Member
edited April 2018
Throwing this one out there . Sometimes I wish I could chat with the leader and other officers within the game separate, so if we need to discuss an idea without other member reactions . Thoughts ? I mean not being shaddy , just keeping the guild running smooth . And I'm really not looking for a chat app solution.

Replies

• If you look at the Devs blogs, they mentioned that they are releasing an upgraded chat in game. With rooms, officers only etc, can't remember which blog, but I believe that's slated for this weeks update.
  • One of the things discussed in the q&a was improvements to in game chat and they have suggested we’ll be able to create multiple different channels within the chat functions much like a chat app
  • Beef
    39 posts Member
    Ok sweet ! I've tried keeping up with all this new communication, must of missed that .
  • Fizix
    127 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Any solution that a game dev could develop for this game would be cumbersome and inadequate. That's why they've ignored it. Much better solutions exist outside the game. Also, money talks... Devs will be tasked with creating new content, fixing bugs, improving gameplay mechanics etc long before they bother with something like chat. Chat creates more problems for them than it fixes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Upcoming Features
    One of the biggest areas for improvement in Galaxy of Heroes is our social mechanics. From the literal social features to actual social interplay between players, we acknowledge that there’s room to grow. Our upcoming TU12 update plans to attack some of these head on. And while not all of the features are aimed at the elder playerbase, we believe that the value provided by having a fresh influx of new players in game will open up new opportunities for recruiting and competition in a way that you haven’t seen before.
    One of the biggest features is the improvement to the in-game chat functionality. Chat, at the moment, operates like a bulletin board inside of a single guild. While it was our intention to make every member of the guild valuable with the addition of Territory Battles and Territory Wars, there’s a downside to that value, which is that new friends and new accounts, until they’re Territory-ready, can feel isolated from the rest of the game. It also makes it hard to find the person or conversation that you most want to have without resorting to a third-party service.
    Our additions to chat will enable creating sub-rooms inside of your guild chat to split out the people talking about specific strategies or having officer-only chats inside the game. They will also allow direct messaging between two players, so people who want to be considered for a top guild can provide more information about why they should be included, and officers can communicate positions on the waiting list. Additionally, we will be adding a chat channel that extends to 500 players that exist either in the guild or the ally list of anyone invited. The idea is that while you may spend a lot of time strategizing with your guild, there are people in partner guilds or friends lists that would benefit from the availability of rooms like these.
    And with new things to do, come new rewards. Inside of the chat system, we will be introducing the first player vanity item, which will be player set titles. Titles will be visible inside of chat and other social spaces where your guild is usually shown, and you can choose to keep your guild affiliation or choose from a number of unlockable titles to show off inside the game.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/165361/the-road-ahead-april-5-2018#latest

and from the QA

MonYolo: With the upcoming in-game chat changes, are you going to allow officers to create and change the gold banner/title?
    JS: Yes. With the upcoming chat changes, players will be able to create up to 20 chat channels. The owner / creator of the channel will be able to change the banner at the top. By the way, that 20 can be made up from 5 guild channels and 15 custom channels which can contain anywhere from 2 to 500 players.