Rotj question

So while not a swgoh question, it most def is star wars haha. So im rewatching rotj the other day and something that has always nagged at me is, the scene w/luke n leia ur my sister i have to fight daddy. Luke asks leia about her mother curious as to what mommy is like, and leia says she died when she was very young blah blah. Well since padme died in childs birth is she speaking of bails wife or did he tell her about how her mother died in childs birth. Im curious if i missed something.

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Why do you think she told about their mother, not Missis Organa?
  • Sure Luke asks about their common mom and Leia is just gonna talk about her adoptive one. The fact she says she died while I was very young is just an inconsistency related to the difficulty of wraping up a prequel after such an original trilogy.
  • It’s no different than Obi-Wan not recognizing R2 after serving many years under Padme and Anakin and going on adventures together. Or Vader even not putting it together that his droid was serving his daughter in house Alderaan under Captain Antilies. Even with the gold plating Vader should have recognized 3P0’s unique voice.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I believe there were a couple "photos" of her around the house growing up. It was sort of touched on a little bit in a book recently. I dont recall how to do the spoiler thing, so I won't say which book.

Edit:yes, I realize it's a retcon solution to an old plothole, but at least there's an explanation now.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    The prequels aren’t exactly known for the quality of their scripts
  • It is better if you just do not try to connect the trilogies. Stuff like this is why they just do not fit together. It does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit.
  • Understanding of course that RotJ was first, and doesn't have to line up to the prequels...
    It was always my understanding that Leia is talking about Padme, and that she said that about her dying when she was very young because that's what her adoptive parents told her.
    However, her remembering anything at all is suspicious. Perhaps that could be explained as a force memory? Like remembering things from before her own birth?

I dunno, maybe it's foolhardy to try to match them up...
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/