Magmatrooper in Sith Raid

Is anyone making effective use of the Magmatrooper in the Sith Raid? I've used him to mild success in P1, but mine is under-geared and not properly modded. The concept seems to work, but has it translated into a worthwhile amount of damage for anyone who has utilized a stronger version?

Replies

• AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Here is a video with some info on the subject https://youtu.be/015h7oG4ymk Skip ahead 6 minutes and 15 seconds to get to the sith raid part @ARougeRogue
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Can anyone answer the question without a video?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • +1
    Hate having to watch long videos for a small tidbit of info...
  • Here is a video with some info on the subject https://youtu.be/015h7oG4ymk Skip ahead 6 minutes and 15 seconds to get to the sith raid part @ARougeRogue

Thanks for the video. Helpful
  • Haidon
    35 posts Member
    I watched the video...

P1, magmatrooper with death trooper and thrawn lead. Thrawn lead plus magma's unique gives him a TM loop. Not perfect, but he can get 3-4 attacks in a row. You get the deathmark on nihilus, then let magma use his basic over and over.
  • It only sort of works if you Thrawn lead with Deathtrooper, but if you run this in heroic then you cannot run the CLS/Han/DT trick against Traya. Better off running JTR in P1 so you can set up Han for big D in P3. My opinion.

Also, you can run into problems with Magma because his basic hits up to two targets. Chances are he is going to get the Defense Down debuff at some point from hitting DN with his basic. Once DM expires, this means Magma could get a bunch of turns where he is just giving protection back to DN over and over. Even if you target the other Sith allies (if you can), Magma can still hit DN.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I have a bunch of tenacity on my Magma and he always resists the defense down. Maybe it's because we're doing T4 however.

If I need him to give someone else a turn, I either use his special or I use the Thrawn leader special.
  • Thanks for the responses. My Magmatrooper is G8, I think, so his damage is pretty pitiful outside of when he's hitting the deathmark. He already possesses quite a bit of health even at the lower gear level, so I'm content to leave him that way unless his damage increases significantly at higher levels. Does anyone have him geared higher than G8, and if so, does his damage increase enough to justify it?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    We are running T4 and magma works great. I use the thrawn DT and magma like has been mentioned, but add visas with a zeta for a lot of assists. For a 5th I usually use snow for added crit dmg, and have had reasonable success with echo for even more assists. My magma usually goes about 10 times to nihulus 1 time, and with visas assisting thats a lot of hits on deathmark. I do about 2.4m, and have gotten 5m with p1 carry over to p2.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Thanks for the responses. My Magmatrooper is G8, I think, so his damage is pretty pitiful outside of when he's hitting the deathmark. He already possesses quite a bit of health even at the lower gear level, so I'm content to leave him that way unless his damage increases significantly at higher levels. Does anyone have him geared higher than G8, and if so, does his damage increase enough to justify it?

My magma was g8 when I started doing raid and have started gearing him up for this reason. He's g9 now and not a significant increase yet. Hopefully more at 10 and 11
  • ARougeRogue
    250 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. My Magmatrooper is G8, I think, so his damage is pretty pitiful outside of when he's hitting the deathmark. He already possesses quite a bit of health even at the lower gear level, so I'm content to leave him that way unless his damage increases significantly at higher levels. Does anyone have him geared higher than G8, and if so, does his damage increase enough to justify it?

My magma was g8 when I started doing raid and have started gearing him up for this reason. He's g9 now and not a significant increase yet. Hopefully more at 10 and 11

Nice. Adding Visas is a great idea. Keep us posted on your Magmatrooper's progress.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Anyone having success at heroic with this team or perhaps with magma in a zeta fbl team?
  • Odin_Noah
    230 posts Member
    Has anyone tried the phase 3 team with Magma? Did that get nerfed? Ahnald had posted 5 mil damage. Is it still working out?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Caveat: T4

I've had a lot of success in P3 with Veers (L) Thrawn Magma DT Leia. If Leia goes 3x with stealth/offense she puts up as much as 90k per attack when deathmark is up. I've done 5.5m in the few times I've tried it so far.

I just unlocked ROLO and my heart fluttered when I saw her special hits 10 times...once I have her built up I want to try her in place of Veers.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Magma damage output gets decent at g11.