Is there still anticipated to be an update tomorrow?

In one of the GC videos, the devs indicated that the update was tentatively slated for tomorrow. Given that the update would impact rewards for sith raids still in progress, those who might otherwise finish early tomorrow would want to at least consider a hold until the evening to get the increased rewards.

I know that tentative plans remain subject to change, but any way we can get communication on whether the plans are still for tomorrow?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No news is good news.

Still seems like they are on schedule
  • Options
    Are you basing that on information you've received or just on the general silence?

I would prefer the old game update status post (which often indicated that they were working on a release for the next day) to no news.
  • Options
    Also, my original post isn't feedback, and it certainly isn't feedback on the website or the forum.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Feedback goes both ways, but we also use the feedback sections for those subjects that dont have a dedicated sub forum.
    Are you basing that on information you've received or just on the general silence?

I would prefer the old game update status post (which often indicated that they were working on a release for the next day) to no news.

Yes, and yes. They will usually inform us if something is going to be delayed so we can keep the community informed.

Currently they are without someone in the Community Management position, as Kozi has moved. She is still working while they figure things out but not in this capacity. The status update is something that is updated by the CM.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Feedback goes both ways, but we also use the feedback sections for those subjects that dont have a dedicated sub forum.

Wouldn't something without a dedicated sub-forum be.... umm.... "general?"
    Yes, and yes. They will usually inform us if something is going to be delayed so we can keep the community informed.

Currently they are without someone in the Community Management position, as Kozi has moved. She is still working while they figure things out but not in this capacity. The status update is something that is updated by the CM.

That's good that you haven't heard anything then. To be fair, while they're looking for a CM still, they could have a mod update the status update post instead. If there's anything that generally speaking everyone should have learned over the last few weeks it's that no news isn't received well by the community.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand these threads. Why not just wait until tomorrow, when you question will be answered.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't understand these threads. Why not just wait until tomorrow, when you question will be answered.

I explained why in my original post:
    In one of the GC videos, the devs indicated that the update was tentatively slated for tomorrow. Given that the update would impact rewards for sith raids still in progress, those who might otherwise finish early tomorrow would want to at least consider a hold until the evening to get the increased rewards.

I know that tentative plans remain subject to change, but any way we can get communication on whether the plans are still for tomorrow?

If the devs already know that it's being pushed off until Thursday, no reason to hold. If the devs are still on schedule to put out the update tomorrow afternoon/evening, there's a reason to hold.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    You are overthinking it.
  • Options
    Or I asked a question, because I wanted to know the answer, and because it's a pretty simple concept -- hold on part of p4 for better rewards if they are going to be available, or don't hold because they aren't.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Well good luck getting an answer.
  • Options
    Had the same question. Thanks for asking @Indominable_J
  • Options
    My thinking is no, if the raid is already in progress, I would think you would be rewarded with what was stated for that raid.
    I have nothing to back up what I am saying, I actually hope I am wrong, because my guild is in P4 ATM, if anything we will hold for a few more hours to be sure, we aren't doing heroic, so no big deal.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Darthtater wrote: »
    My thinking is no, if the raid is already in progress, I would think you would be rewarded with what was stated for that raid.
    I have nothing to back up what I am saying, I actually hope I am wrong, because my guild is in P4 ATM, if anything we will hold for a few more hours to be sure, we aren't doing heroic, so no big deal.

No the dev team clearly stated in a post that if the client restart happened before the raid was finished then you would get the new raid rewards
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Darthtater wrote: »

No the dev team clearly stated in a post that if the client restart happened before the raid was finished then you would get the new raid rewards

Ok I'm late to the party here then lol, then this has been answered. Guess we wait and see, I agree with the OP on the game status, but that was answered as well, thanks Kyno.