I don't like the pop up announcements

DarphLundgren
6 posts Member
edited April 2018
I am really interested to catch the latest dev comments, and generally very pleased with the increased level of communication.

However, point 1, as has been registered else, does nobody write anymore? I'd much rather read the 4 line summary than suffer the 15 minute banter. I'm sorry, suffer is wrong; I get the devs want to humanize, and you folks come off pretty cool by me. Cliff notes please?

Point 2, delivery. I just caught a pop up flacking a topic I want to hear. Jump for my ear buds, unravel, unlock phone, pop up gone. Recently found out these links are hidden under Art and Media ( OK whatever) but no, not there.

So. Sorry. Here I am really wishing I weren't another whiner. But... I'll just sign off now and hope whatever it was eventually turns up in the dev update forum

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is only one of the recent clips from an interview that is not in the art and media section. not hidden since they are media.... and thats the "Art and Media" section.

I agree there does seem to be a sentiment against the videos, but currently they are down a Community Manager and all the people who have been helping and filling in are probably busy with the latest content update that should drop tomorrow.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There is only one of the recent clips from an interview that is not in the art and media section. not hidden since they are media.... and thats the "Art and Media" section.

I agree there does seem to be a sentiment against the videos, but currently they are down a Community Manager and all the people who have been helping and filling in are probably busy with the latest content update that should drop tomorrow.

If they are busy there with the update @kyno, why are there a couple Devs reportedly chatting on some abomination of a twitch? Channel trying to spread some news about the game. With absolutely no reference in the forum here? Where's the cliff notes so to speak, where's the short fast points about ships pve etc, cuz this video deal and now twitch deal is getting way past ludicrous .
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I wonder why people waste time making posts when they could search for the 29058725897 posts about this topic. to each their own

@ gt lol you literally just posted in a similar topic. we all want synopses, but...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

If they are busy there with the update @kyno, why are there a couple Devs reportedly chatting on some abomination of a twitch? Channel trying to spread some news about the game. With absolutely no reference in the forum here? Where's the cliff notes so to speak, where's the short fast points about ships pve etc, cuz this video deal and now twitch deal is getting way past ludicrous .

This. If they have 20+ minutes to jump on every YouTube and twitch channel that asks, they could spend 20 minutes putting together some succinct release notes....ESPECIALLY because there is expected to be a new content drop.

I appreciate the commitment to communicate more - but it would be great if it was efficient and in ways that most of us can consume, find and reference.

The pop-ups for 3rd party video interviews which are 15-20 minutes and have about 12 seconds of useful information are getting old. Fast. And are bordering on counterproductive, as they are leading to more misunderstanding as opposed to clarification.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*