Executrix vs Chimera - Which is better on Offense and Defence?

Prev1
CountPookoo
189 posts Member
edited April 2018
As the title says.

With Thrawn event coming up I am trying to weigh up the pros and cons of trying to get Thrawns ship (Chimera) - the fact that 6* Homeone is ridiculously hard means I will have to invest a serious amount of resources and time to try and farm up the necessary Pilots / Ships which I have at 5* atm..so my question is:

1. Is Chimera that much better than Executrix?
Both seem to rely on their ultimates winning the match - does Executrix get there faster than Chimera, from what i have read people say Chimera is a slower ship so why is it seen as the ultimate capital ship?

2. What is the best meta ships to go with Executrix and is this different with Chimera?
Again from what I have read both ships rely on TL teams and Tie Reaper TM manipulation - is there a particular composition that works better with one and not the other?

3. How important is star levels on Chimera?
I can probably get 5* but am not sure whether to shift to using it as my arena capital ship (I currently run with 6* Executrix).

4. Which capital ship is better on defense?

Thanks in advance for suggestions

Replies

• cw8
    98 posts Member
    Maxed out Chimera matches rarely ever reach their turn to use ultimates. Either you lose before then or you win.
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    Chimeara beats executrix and all the other ones no matter defense or offense
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Chimaera is so much better than any other capital ship that it’s not even funny. And yes it’s ultimate ability is not even that relevant.
    I got it 5* the first time it came, and it was miles better than my 6* executrix and other people’s 7* executrux ir other capital ships.
    As for what ships, fleet is pretty “solved” the best team is Biggs, Vader, TFP, FOTFP, Reaper.
    You can run it with any capital, but chimaera is just so much better.
  • Chimera > Executrix. Close thread.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Kreontas wrote: »
    Chimaera is so much better than any other capital ship that it’s not even funny. And yes it’s ultimate ability is not even that relevant.
    I got it 5* the first time it came, and it was miles better than my 6* executrix and other people’s 7* executrux ir other capital ships.
    As for what ships, fleet is pretty “solved” the best team is Biggs, Vader, TFP, FOTFP, Reaper.
    You can run it with any capital, but chimaera is just so much better.

This exactly, there is really no variety worth talking about in fleet, if you don't run something very close to this you will drop very hard.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I run full Republic under Mace and I can say that since Thrawn has come around a couple of times I see myself actually falling out of the top 20 these days. I still always top my central US payout time though.

Facing any capital ship but Thrawn I have no problems winning. With Thrawn, that ultimate ability kills my clone sergeant which can neuter my attempts to kill TFP.

It's 100% the ultimate ability that makes Thrawn's capital ship so dangerous to my fleet. If it wasn't for that, I could win against those TIE fleets with no problem.

Fleet isn't a solved riddle, people just get hung up on using the ships that have the most useful pilots in other places or take advantage of bugged ships (FOTF).

One thing is certain, Thrawn is almost always the best capital ship to run with your fleet... except for my fleet. It doesn't work well without Mace.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

Fleet isn't a solved riddle, people just get hung up on using the ships that have the most useful pilots in other places or take advantage of bugged ships (FOTF).

Huh.

Honestly curious here, but how exactly is FOTF bugged?
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    most of the time the battle is over bevor i can use chimaeras instant kill, before chimaera was invented the executrix could as good as always win with it´s ultimate... i guess the reason why lies in chimaeras unique "fierce loyality" no other cap ship gives such high bonus always and constantly, reinforcement bonus fits to it also
  • Woodroward wrote: »

Huh.

Honestly curious here, but how exactly is FOTF bugged?

Gains more tm and deals more damage than it is supposed to.
  • As the title says.

With Thrawn event coming up I am trying to weigh up the pros and cons of trying to get Thrawns ship (Chimera) - the fact that 6* Homeone is ridiculously hard means I will have to invest a serious amount of resources and time to try and farm up the necessary Pilots / Ships which I have at 5* atm..so my question is:

1. Is Chimera that much better than Executrix?
    Both seem to rely on their ultimates winning the match - does Executrix get there faster than Chimera, from what i have read people say Chimera is a slower ship so why is it seen as the ultimate capital ship?

2. What is the best meta ships to go with Executrix and is this different with Chimera?
    Again from what I have read both ships rely on TL teams and Tie Reaper TM manipulation - is there a particular composition that works better with one and not the other?

3. How important is star levels on Chimera?
    I can probably get 5* but am not sure whether to shift to using it as my arena capital ship (I currently run with 6* Executrix).

4. Which capital ship is better on defense?

Thanks in advance for suggestions

1. Yes. Thrawns ability just more versatile than Tarkins. Eg. Thrawn special can heal, buff self and debuff enemy, while tarkin could only debuff; thrawn ulitmate kills and heal and increase cooldown, tarkin only kill, and rng dependent on how those 12 hits land.

2. Both benefit from empire ships as stated in the cap ship and the ships ability.
    In addition, tarkin benefit more for TL ships while thrawn benefit more from crit (eg. Tie silencer and phoenix) and tenacity focused ship (eg. Rex with republic ships) as well as TL ships. So more team flexibility for thrawn.
    Tie reaper, is the ship which every top tier team should have.

3. 5 stars could still be competitve in offense, as defense AI is crap. Though I run 7 stars g12 Thrawn i never get to use the last reinforcement. So 5 and 7 has no BIG difference imo. Of course 7 is better than 5.

4. I fought to rank 1 every day and only very few Tarkin is found (2016 Dec shard). I always go battle Tarkin as it is much more easier to beat. No healing, weak dmg AOE... while Thrawn has more versatile ability.
  • @swgoh_jackson thanks mate v.well explained much appreciated :)
  • I run tarkin the only real benefit is if you can survive/do fast big damage without Biggs in starting lineup. Biggs coming in off the bench with counter can be a game changer. Nov.15 can take first if I got time. Normally drop into 20s which everyone drops about the same. Everyone can beat everyone.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Chim works best for me but right now I'm making do without Reaper and FOTF. My starting 5 are:
    Biggs
    Geo Soldier
    Vader
    TFP
    Maul

With a bench of:
    Boba - Slave I
    Jedi Consular
    Wedge
    And some random high power rating phoenix ship.

I take 1st usually and drop to like 17-24 ish in a mostly Chim arena. My bench is great because I can use Boba if I've landed a lot of target locks, JC if I need to do a targeted heal or get Vader to hit a Tie Fighter, and Wedge if I need to snipe a single target locked enemy. I'm replacing the Phoenix ship with Reaper when I get it and Shore/DT to 7*.

Geo Soldier is underrated by the way. His assist can be deadly after Chim buffs my team up.

Edit: My strat with Chim is to ALWAYS use his buff/Debuff move 1st no matter what. Gotta make the enemy do less damage to survive, especially with FOTFs around.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Why on earth are you putting Maul in your starting lineup?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    But yeah, Chim is better. I've been running a 7* Executrix for a long time now and it's getting harder to get to the top each day. All you really need to do is compare their specials.

All allies gain 40% Turn Meter and Offense Up for 1 turn. Empire allies also gain Potency Up for 1 Turn. This ability starts on cooldown.

All allies recover 20% Health and gain a buff for 2 turns. - Attacker: Offense Up - Support: Foresight - Tank: Defense Up Inflict a debuff on all enemies for 2 turns. These effects can't be Evaded. - Attacker: Offense Down - Support: Ability Block - Tank: Defense Down

Are you kidding me?

And you can ignore the ultimates. Tarkin's is better, provided you've got the enemy down to one or two ships, but good luck getting there at high end arena. The match is always over before either cap ship reaches ultimate, even with TF dodges factored in.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Why on earth are you putting Maul in your starting lineup?

Because at least on offense he almost always survives to put retribution on Biggs, who is already taunting, and stealth everyone else. I used to have him on the bench but by the time he came into battle Biggs would either be dead or very close to dying.

Bottom line is I have him there because it works. Do you have another suggestion?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • The point IS to get him in after bigs dies and to put stealth on everyone but tie fighter and hope for dodgemania.
  • Any thoughts on what the best combo of rebel ships are for Chimera event? Done a bit of a search and cannot find a decent strat..
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    you do not need a strategie, it was really easy (if you don´t have all the rebell pilots only at g8)
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Any thoughts on what the best combo of rebel ships are for Chimera event? Done a bit of a search and cannot find a decent strat..

I unlocked 5 star Chimera with just 6 star Biggs, 7 star Ghost and Phantom. There aren't many rebel ships really so not much strategy I think, besides having a bulky Biggs to tank 2nd wave damage when needed and gearing/modding up pilots enough
    Post edited by SeanutB on
  • Ive had to do multiple runs to even unlock 5* with bigs 7* g10, and 7* phoenixes g8-10. Had also bistan u wing and wedge but pilots were like g7.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Any thoughts on what the best combo of rebel ships are for Chimera event? Done a bit of a search and cannot find a decent strat..

6* was easy with mostly g8 and g9 pilots. The 7* challenge I did with only 4 ships. Bistan Biggs Ghost Phantom. Biggs is g11. Everyone else g8 or 9.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Also everyone probably knows this but make sure to have 5 dot mods on your pilots. Makes a difference.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    The point IS to get him in after bigs dies and to put stealth on everyone but tie fighter and hope for dodgemania.

This. Or you can use Vader and he TL's everyone. Or 5's and he clears buffs and puts offense down on everyone.

Beyond that, he's a sitting duck in the starting lineup. Easy kill and he does you no good. At least on defense from the bench, he definitely gets in his stealth move.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The point IS to get him in after bigs dies and to put stealth on everyone but tie fighter and hope for dodgemania.

This. Or you can use Vader and he TL's everyone. Or 5's and he clears buffs and puts offense down on everyone.

Beyond that, he's a sitting duck in the starting lineup. Easy kill and he does you no good. At least on defense from the bench, he definitely gets in his stealth move.

I used to have him come off the bench first and when I added him to my starting lineup I didn't notice myself dropping any more in arena than normal so I just left him as a starter, but I see your point. I'll give it a try again and see if it changes my defense. But on offense it has been a great strategy for me to get that retribution on Biggs and let him just soak it all up.
    -Sun Tzu
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    When did you start playing? My assumption is you are on a newer shard where the ships aren't as strong and you can get away with this but maybe I'm wrong. I know that several people in my shard used to have it in the starting lineup and they all eventually shifted it to bench first position.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    So this is me : i don't have Thrawn or his capital ship and i don't even bother trying to get them as there is nothing in this universe that will make me invest in those worthless Phoenix toons just to get Thrawn.I use Tarkin's Execturix as a capital ship and even though my fleet arena power is almost 420 k i went from a top 30 player to barely hitting 300 now.And i really don't care about this,i love the Executrix and i wouldn't change it for anything.PS : i only do one ship battle a day just for the dailies and that's all.
  • Nokhai wrote: »
    So this is me : i don't have Thrawn or his capital ship and i don't even bother trying to get them as there is nothing in this universe that will make me invest in those worthless Phoenix toons just to get Thrawn.I use Tarkin's Execturix as a capital ship and even though my fleet arena power is almost 420 k i went from a top 30 player to barely hitting 300 now.And i really don't care about this,i love the Executrix and i wouldn't change it for anything.PS : i only do one ship battle a day just for the dailies and that's all.

You may not like them, and that's certainly your choice, but objectively they are far from worthless.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Nokhai wrote: »

i hope you are without a guild...
    or hoepfully in a just for fun guild, otherwise your guildmember must just hate you for knowingly not farming and gearing toons (phoenix) and ships (like thrawns capship) that are needed either in ds or ls tb
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Slightly off topic - but Phoenix are a really fun kit to play around with..and its just an added bonus that they unlock Thrawn and help with chimera..