Executrix vs Chimera - Which is better on Offense and Defence?

2Next

Replies

• Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »
    Nokhai wrote: »
    So this is me : i don't have Thrawn or his capital ship and i don't even bother trying to get them as there is nothing in this universe that will make me invest in those worthless Phoenix toons just to get Thrawn.I use Tarkin's Execturix as a capital ship and even though my fleet arena power is almost 420 k i went from a top 30 player to barely hitting 300 now.And i really don't care about this,i love the Executrix and i wouldn't change it for anything.PS : i only do one ship battle a day just for the dailies and that's all.

i hope you are without a guild...
    or hoepfully in a just for fun guild, otherwise your guildmember must just hate you for knowingly not farming and gearing toons (phoenix) and ships (like thrawns capship) that are needed either in ds or ls tb

I am in a guild were nobody has nothing against me for doing this.Afterall it is my decision. :)
  • There’s a guy in my guild that runs a mace capital team with plo koon, fives, Biggs, tfp and FOTP regularly takes 1st in shard. Personally I use Chimera with g12 zthrawn but proves other options are out there
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    jedilord wrote: »
    So this is me : i don't have Thrawn or his capital ship and i don't even bother trying to get them as there is nothing in this universe that will make me invest in those worthless Phoenix toons just to get Thrawn.I use Tarkin's Execturix as a capital ship and even though my fleet arena power is almost 420 k i went from a top 30 player to barely hitting 300 now.And i really don't care about this,i love the Executrix and i wouldn't change it for anything.PS : i only do one ship battle a day just for the dailies and that's all.

i hope you are without a guild...
    or hoepfully in a just for fun guild, otherwise your guildmember must just hate you for knowingly not farming and gearing toons (phoenix) and ships (like thrawns capship) that are needed either in ds or ls tb

I am in a guild were nobody has nothing against me for doing this.Afterall it is my decision. :)

and everybody in there is aware that you are knowingly not farming phoenix & thrawn, and they also know that "there is nothing in this universe that will make you invest in those worthless Phoenix toons"?
    if so, than yeah seems to me like a just for fun guild, we have just started, or a guild with problems finding new teammates... i don´t think that any serious guild would do something other than just kick you, preferably during tb and when all 3 raids are running.
  • Not to necro my own thread...but I’m still running Tarkin and am having no problems dispensing with 6* Chimera teams maybe Chimera is better at 7*??

Just my 2cents...but Executrix ultimate still wipes Chimera teams no problems..you have to adjust your team to stay alive till then which is not too hard if u run double tank teams.

All is not lost if u missed out on Chimera this time round..
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Not to necro my own thread...but I’m still running Tarkin and am having no problems dispensing with 6* Chimera teams maybe Chimera is better at 7*??

Just my 2cents...but Executrix ultimate still wipes Chimera teams no problems..you have to adjust your team to stay alive till then which is not too hard if u run double tank teams.

Have you checked if the chimaera has the ultimate fully upgraded? At maximum upgrade i believe thrawn usually gets to use his ultimate before tarkin as the last upgrade reduces cooldown.

In my shard theres a lot of unupgraded chimaeras around.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Not to necro my own thread...but I’m still running Tarkin and am having no problems dispensing with 6* Chimera teams maybe Chimera is better at 7*??

Have you checked if the chimaera has the ultimate fully upgraded? At maximum upgrade i believe thrawn usually gets to use his ultimate before tarkin as the last upgrade reduces cooldown.

I run tarkin against maxed chimera most battles don't get to ultimate abilities but if it does 90% of the time it's my tarkin.
  • I'm finding chimaera better for offence and defence. I managed chimaera 5*. Before, with executrix 5*,i was reliably top 10 and very occasionally made 5th. Now I'm 2 whenever I can play at payout and the only fleet I can't beat is a 7* chimaera (only 2 of us in my shard got it) with a fleet 200k more powerful than mine (our resident Kraken). Plus most days I don't drop out of the top 10 anymore which makes climbing easier
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

I run tarkin against maxed chimera most battles don't get to ultimate abilities but if it does 90% of the time it's my tarkin.

the only reason why is because you are using tie fighter and/or tie reaper or some other tm manipulators... it is impossible for anyone (without turnmeter manipulation) to be faster with executrix´s ultimate (5 turn cooldown) because even if chimera is slower (max. 171 vs. max. 153 speed) it´s ultimate is faster ready (4 turn cooldown)
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Someone please correct me if I’m wrong..but Chimeras ultimate seems be much weaker than Executrix Ultimate which is pretty much an auto win...

I’ve had my fleet survive Chimeras ultimate but rarely survive an opponents Executrix going before mine.
  • It doesnt matter Home One will be the new meta you heard it here first
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I recently got Chimera to 7*. Chimera battles sometimes take about 45 seconds. Ive never seen a Thrawn ultimate because we never make it that far. Tarkins is stronger but that only matters if you get to use it.

I will be gald when the ship changes go live. This Tie/Biggs thing is very stale.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Someone please correct me if I’m wrong..but Chimeras ultimate seems be much weaker than Executrix Ultimate which is pretty much an auto win...

I’ve had my fleet survive Chimeras ultimate but rarely survive an opponents Executrix going before mine.

In 3v3 combat it will be a coin toss, depending on changes made, both will clear the map, chimera might need a little more setup to make sure it works out.
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    It doesnt matter Home One will be the new meta you heard it here first

Maybe, but they are talking like they want it to be a shootout, and there are much better offensive bonuses from other capital ships.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Chim's ultimate has to be weaker than Tarkin's, since every other part of it's kit is better. It's already OP enough.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH