Feedback RE: Purple Gear/Gold Gear

To whom it may concern:

Starting Darkside 7-A Hard we get a glimpse of a gold leveled toon. I'm assuming gold will be level 10 or 11 the way things are playing out currently.

This thread isn't more for other players, it's more...well...feedback to the developers.

I'm hoping the drop-rate and/or availability for purple materials increases once gold is introduced. One of the biggest issues most currently in the community is farming purple gear. The rarity of the 0/50 and /20 criteria are the biggest offenders. I had a thought a moment ago, where I spent three energy refills only to yield 5/20 in my purple gear. I spent 250 crystals (earned, not bought) to not even fill a single slot.

Then I stepped back and looked at my roster...first top three rows...all purple. Then I thought of the gold. Not only did I feel it may be impossible to even get a SINGLE toon to gold, but it really feels impossible to get MULTIPLE toons to gold.

The purpose of the gearing is for pace. Pace should be set to keep people trying, keep people spending, and keep people logged in and playing. I literally stopped, and started up at the bottom of my roster, and started upgrading "0" level toons, just to feel like I was progressing. This is not the reaction you want.

In short: If the purple gear is as difficult to get as it is now, when the gold gear comes in, there will be a problem.

If I'm alone, well, EA loses one player who's already ponied up his share of cash anyway so who cares. But I have a feeling, when the money spent starts to REGRESS the player, there will be financial consequences overall. This game has potential to stick around a long, long time, but if I literally feel I'm wasting time and money, well, that's where you'll lose me.

IF you read this, I thank you, and do appreciate your time and attention.

Replies

• You're not alone. I've specifically registered to say the rate on purple drops needs to improve, and soon. I've spent money on this game, more than it would host to actually buy a new PS4 game, which probably cost more to develop than this one did. I've resorted to buying crystals to try and get more purples through farming but I've reached my limit. I like this game but I've better things to do than grind away hour after hour and spend good money for things that are extremely difficult to get. I know this will be a strategy to keep people playing, but I expect it has a negative effect on many, myself included.

Yes I know you can play for free, but free play is taking forever to even get one character to 7 star.

I'm giving it a couple more weeks but if there aren't some major changes I'm moving on. If I feel I'm getting somewhere you'll make regular income off me.
  • I agree the last update killed the gear production. I had all my main toons between VIII >>> IX, and now I have my top level toon all needing 100 of Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe (2 gear positions), 50 Mk 7 BioTech Implant Prototype Salvage, 20 Mk3 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage, 20 Mk 4 A/KT Stun Gun Salvage. A few of my toons need these. I went buzurk today (I'm sure that what EA is hoping for relations like mine, I want to battle and test my teams) so I bought 15 Aurodium Data Packs in the hope that Rex would remove negative statuses, plus I was Guaranteed training droids, cash, Ability Mats 3, something I haven't been farming effectively since the Feb update, and Shards for the hard to get Po Koon. I had 1 7 start toon before today, and after round 3 in GW I would hit 3 7 starts on a good day, on most - battle 4 7 start wide purple ringed toons, with the last anywhere between 5 -6. It seems EA went in to Cash Cow mode with the Feb update, now that I can't win GW, the events are a joke with payouts, and for the first week crashed after deducting my crystals. the training droid drop rate is atrocious, after it stopped crashing, I get the minimum droid count 9 times out of 10.