So, Traya got unlocked today....

pac0naut
3236 posts Member
While y'all are busy burning down the forums over Sith raid rewards, there's a video of her being unlocked and an arena match with her in it.

https://youtu.be/spiOBIO1cW8 - Arena match.

First off, this isn't salt whatsoever and congrats to the player that unlocked her, but I do have a question. My guild has done a heroic raid ever since we have been able to. I believe that's 11 total. Highest you can get is 12 shards for finishing first.

11 x 12 = 132 shards

Let's just say I'm off a raid and we did 12.

12 X 12 = 144 shards.

Traya unlocks at 145.

Devs...........was this working as intended to get Traya this quickly? I mean, any veteran player on the forums or Reddit knows how this was accomplished. My question is: A: Is this now within the parameters of what you tried to quash with the hAAT and guild rewards cooldown back in the day and B: Is this now within the spirit of the game?

You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about too. I think a lot of top guilds out there would like an answer to this since the cat is now out of the bag.
Meanwhile, down on the farm....

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes, guild hopping is still, apparently, a thing. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

You said it, not *I* sir!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The raid reward limit per person cannot be violated. But was set higher than one can achieve while in a single guild.

That is the system they set in place, the limited the abuse to what they deem as an acceptable limit and allow those that want to go through the extra effort a reward for doing so. At least that's how I see it.
  • Don't be so s'alt'y :p
  • Of course this got moved for "better visibility".
  • But hey, if my guild was (attempting) to do it, I'd probably defend it too.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    But hey, if my guild was (attempting) to do it, I'd probably defend it too.

Wait, what?
  • Kyno wrote: »

The raid reward limit per person cannot be violated. But was set higher than one can achieve while in a single guild.

That is the system they set in place, the limited the abuse to what they deem as an acceptable limit and allow those that want to go through the extra effort a reward for doing so. At least that's how I see it.

.......Please tell us more about how it's inconvenient for you to get more Traya shards then everyone else!
  • sying wrote: »
    But hey, if my guild was (attempting) to do it, I'd probably defend it too.

Wait, what?

*walks away whistling*
  • İ dont see a big issue here, but if it bothers other players so much, devs can increase a cooldown for entering raids from 24h to 48h or so. It will fix hoppers issue.
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    There are people mercing and doing them back to back quickly. They do get timed out on getting rewards at some point but as above they can still accumulate them faster than staying put in one guild.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    11 vs 13 raids, i´d say that´s not worth the hassle. More power to the players that think it is, i´m fine with that tbh.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_Leviathan (not sure who else to tag)

Is this working as intended with the new Sith Raid or not?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Getting back to this topic, seems to me that with the raid cap fix that came today, the extra raids were unintended. People pointed it out forever ago but cg just now decided to do something about it. I would say better late than never, but I’m not that magnanimous tonight. It has the appearance that cg outright let it go on for reasons all their own.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Whoooooops. Wow, who would have thought?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb - we already asked this question months ago. Please look at all the dev responses in this thread. Oops, there aren't any.

This is shutting the barn door after the horses got out.