Resistance vs. First Order

Morningfrost
47 posts Member
edited April 2018
I'm working on an alt at the moment, and hit my limit with Nightsisters because I'm not willing to sink a lot more money into shards for Zombie and Talzin. I've started to look at alternatives to help me maintain a decent rank in arena (I'm typically in the top 200 in my shard with my Nightsisters), but need some help deciding.

I was leaning towards a Resistance squad, both because it'd allow me to open up lightside nodes for gear farming and for the pilots, but then realized it's going to be a while before I'm able to get Finn's zeta (I'm level 65 on my alt).

Would it be better to run a Resistance squad of Finn/Poe/Trooper/Rey/Pilot even without Finn's zeta? Or would I be better off working towards a KRU/Kylo/Phasma/Officer/FOST squad?

~Morningfrost
Post edited by Morningfrost on

Replies

• Options
    Even with Finn's zeta the resistance isn't the instant-win team that people always say they are, and they're straight up useless in arena. Phasma is an easy farm but her only use was as a leader, and KRU is way better. FOST and FOO will take a while so you might as well get started. Phoenix destroys the light side table, I'd say maybe work on that in the background, but keep going with NS for now. But really you should farm who you actually want. Try to have fun and don't worry so much about "winning."
  • Options
    It's not so much a question of winning. I'm still having a lot of fun with my main account, but I got off to a really slow start because I went with Jedi for nostalgia reasons and hadn't bothered to really learn anything about the game before I made that decision lol. Because of that it took forever for me to farm characters using arena tokens, which got annoying at times. My FO squad is keeping me in the top 1000 pretty consistently for my arena shard, and I'm one of the top contributors in my small, social guild with the squads I've put together.

My NS are already about as far as I can take them, with Acolyte, Daka and Talia all at 7-stars and gear 7, and Ventress almost at 7-stars and gear 7...but zombie is only 4-stars and Talzin is only 3-stars (both also gear 7) and with their new nodes being so far up there's no way for me to get them maxed in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time.

I'm not looking for Finn and a Resistance squad to be an instant-win team, just looking to remain competitive so I can farm arena tokens a bit easier lol. Like I said, not looking for anything crazy, just to maintain a place in the top 200.

As for FO...I do like Phasma for the turn meter boost, but at some point she'd be replaced by one of the FO Pilots.

~Morningfrost
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I'm working on an alt at the moment, and hit my limit with Nightsisters because I'm not willing to sink a lot more money into shards for Zombie and Talzin.

Is this a post from April 10th?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm working on an alt at the moment, and hit my limit with Nightsisters because I'm not willing to sink a lot more money into shards for Zombie and Talzin.

Is this a post from April 10th?

No, it's not. If you look at the rest of my post, my alt is only level 65, and is not capable of farming the hard nodes for Talzin and Zombie. And even if I could, a single 20-energy hard node takes literally forever to farm...on my main account I have been farming Nihilus for months and I've still got 144 shards left until I've maxed him (so in probably 3-4 months I've gotten roughly halfway to maxing Nihilus).

So in other words, my NS squad has been taken as far as I can atm without spending more crystals on shards, and since I've already sunk about $150 into various NS packs and the shards to get Zombie to 4-stars, I'm unwilling to dump more money into the team.

~Morningfrost
  • Options
    As for FO...I do like Phasma for the turn meter boost, but at some point she'd be replaced by one of the FO Pilots.

~Morningfrost

Phasmas tm boost is the only positive she has when she isnt the leader, it honestly isnt worth having her in the team if she wont be the leader, put anyone other than her in the team and its a much bigger improvement, its sad but its a fact that her basic is just...too ordinary and uninteresting while her AoE is too weak to be effective
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Fo is a lot of fun. I’m on a late November 2017 shard and get 1st or second every day so they can be competitive. Phasma is no bueno though. You have to get fost. If you’re not willing to farm him, then fo is not the route to go. Your typical arena team is going to be kru, foo, fost, Ren and either foe or fotp. Now that foe is in cantina he’s going to be better for raids as well, but fotp has one of the best ships in the game.

Having said that I should preface it with I’m p2p, not f2p so my perspective is not going to be the same as a f2p player.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Even with Finn's zeta the resistance isn't the instant-win team that people always say they are, and they're straight up useless in arena.

@freshprince19888 Clearly you’re not sure what you’re talking about. Played right, zFinn is an instant win. I have a very fast Poe and the team works like a charm. I was able to put in just Poe, RT, and Finn and beat a very geared and developed palp team. Also, they are not “useless
    In the arena.” I can’t beat nightsisters normally, but I can put in zFinn and walk over gear 11 and twelve night sisters. Just put in a better defensive team overnight for holding. So to the main question, RESISTANCE RESISTANCE RESISTANCE. Farm the vets for Rey and farm first order on the side. They don’t need good gear for bb8
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Fo is a lot of fun. I’m on a late November 2017 shard and get 1st or second every day so they can be competitive. Phasma is no bueno though. You have to get fost. If you’re not willing to farm him, then fo is not the route to go. Your typical arena team is going to be kru, foo, fost, Ren and either foe or fotp. Now that foe is in cantina he’s going to be better for raids as well, but fotp has one of the best ships in the game.

Having said that I should preface it with I’m p2p, not f2p so my perspective is not going to be the same as a f2p player.

I don't have a problem with farming FOST at all. Already have him unlocked, and with 2 hard nodes he's a lot easier to farm than Zombie or Talzin. Still not as quick as others, but so be it. FOE would be interesting, but will be a little bit slower since I would already have KRU and Kylo to farm using cantina energy.

I'm still a P2P player to a certain extent, but am limiting myself to energy and cantina energy refreshes rather than outright buying shards, just because it's more economical lol.
    Random9 wrote: »
    Even with Finn's zeta the resistance isn't the instant-win team that people always say they are, and they're straight up useless in arena.

@freshprince19888 Clearly you’re not sure what you’re talking about. Played right, zFinn is an instant win. I have a very fast Poe and the team works like a charm. I was able to put in just Poe, RT, and Finn and beat a very geared and developed palp team. Also, they are not “useless
    In the arena.” I can’t beat nightsisters normally, but I can put in zFinn and walk over gear 11 and twelve night sisters. Just put in a better defensive team overnight for holding. So to the main question, RESISTANCE RESISTANCE RESISTANCE. Farm the vets for Rey and farm first order on the side. They don’t need good gear for bb8

Again though, it will be quite a while before I'm able to zeta Finn, and the question is whether I'll be able to maintain a decent arena ranking without the zeta in the meantime. How well does Finn/Poe/Trooper/Rey/Pilot work without Finn's zeta?

~Morningfrost
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Not well.

And the problem with zFinn in arena is not offense, but defense. You sink like a stone.
  • Options
    @freshprince19888 Clearly you’re not sure what you’re talking about. Played right, zFinn is an instant win.

Everything is relative...no character is ever an "instant win".

And I don't see Finn, zetaed or otherwise, in any of the top squads. None at all. There's a reason for that.

• Options

In the arena.” I can’t
  • Options
    FO might be a great option for the place you're in right now, and a solid investment for the future - if you stay building up your Panda (FO executioner) you've got a great raid team for all raids. Their synergy is really strong, and you can use them right now for arena.
    zFinn is not good for arena, since the AI is unable to keep up with the strategy required to use him. JTR can, but at level 65, you don't have her.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

In the arena.” I can’t

And you don't fall much much further when you keep them in on defense? I doubt that very much.
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    ...a solid investment for the future...

This, for me, is the key. If you want Jedi Rey (you need BB8) then you know what you have to do. And should start doing it right now.

(To avoid panic farming and general whinging.)

• Options
    TVF wrote: »

In the arena.” I can’t

And you don't fall much much further when you keep them in on defense? I doubt that very much.

Just to test I kept them in last night and fell 30 spots which is about average for me. Was it luck? I couldn’t tell you.