Update to Raid Reward Changes - 4/11/18

Replies

• SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Lmao a dude wrote to his senator about this. **** I thought I was a nerd
  • Hiya,
    As always, we appreciate the feedback from our community. We hear you, and our team is reviewing now. Regardless of the outcome, reviewing requires time, so if you don't hear anything today, we appreciate your patience!

Its getting old:

I hear you guys, but we will do the opposite
  • origDeathfly
    127 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Rezalder wrote: »
    Wrote an email to my senator and congressman today:
    First, explaining how EA/CG uses addiction psychology to drive spending on the game.
    Second, explaining the bait and switch of creating incredible rewards for an event then removing them AFTER people have spent real money to be able to attain them.
    Third, providing screenshots of the language used by the developers versus the actual actions and reactions from the community.

I want to ensure I’m not violating any TOS here, so I’m NOT calling for any ban, spending freeze, or boycott.
    I WILL say that it is everyone’s right to express their opinion to their elected officials if they believe a company is acting in a predatory manner.

Not sure if it will accomplish anything, but if enough people provide respectful, accurate feedback, we may see action.

Find your representative’s information here:
    https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

And your senator here:
    https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

lol, you just reached out to the people who earlier this week found out there was a "book of faces" and asked them to help with technology issue... best of luck
    Post edited by origDeathfly on
  • Hiya,
    As always, we appreciate the feedback from our community. We hear you, and our team is reviewing now. Regardless of the outcome, reviewing requires time, so if you don't hear anything today, we appreciate your patience!

Here's the problem with this: "reviewing requires time" ...unless it's about Nute Gunray soloing a HAAT phase or StHan soloing a Heroic Sith raid phase, then the "reviewing" happens EXTREMELY quickly, on weekends even! But whenever it's something that affects US negatively, then "it takes time". How difficult can it be to roll it back to the way it was until you guys at CG can figure it out? You could take all the time you want with your "reviews" then... @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie (where are you btw? No more communication?)
  • The added currency could get you maybe 15 more pieces of salvage. This in No Way makes up for the lost full pieces of gear. If it was just level 1 or 2 getting less I might be able to understand the developer's logic but every level I have seen gets less gear. Did they test this out at all or is this just "test it on the users"?
  • Stamp8987
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Long time player, I very rarely check into things like this, just opened an account after playing forever,

why am I receiving Heroic Rancor and Heroic AAT rewards from the Heroic SITH raid?

I have a spent quite a lot, and after reading through the comments here it seems that the overwhelming majority of players would just like you to make it like it was.

I didn't like getting challenge gear but I accepted it as a way of life in the game, you give us useless stuff all the time, look at Holdo and Rose.

Anyway, do us all a favor, save your double talk and gargon, just make things like it was, rewards for the lower tiers were subpar, but that gave them something to work for, my guild busted their butts last week to finish this thing and then after 2 raids you are taking away basically everything we have worked for.

Do us all a favor, we don't need "improved" rewards just give us what we had before, trust me the complaints about challenge gear pale in comparison to the outrage the community is feeling. Some will even thank you for adding challenge gear back in if it means they get the gear they worked so hard for.

I for one won't be spending another nickel on my raid teams, I already contribute 4% to the raid I have exactly ZERO incentive to do any better.

Stop helping, just make it the way it was and then this dumpster fire can end.
    Post edited by Stamp8987 on
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Hiya,

Happy to see you back @CG_Kozispoon

@CG_TopHat I would to quote you in the last Q&A about my gear question. Do you really think that 10 “hard to get” salvages per heroic Sith raid will alleviate the gear crunch?

We need at least 2 full purples for sure per raid to at least feel some improvements. We talk about guilds who sends 6/7 G11/12 teams per raid to kill it per player and we get rewards that are not even enough to equip a single slot of a G8 character...

I got first in HSTR (12M damages) and honestly I felt rewards were far worse than top 3 Rancor (which can give 32 hard to get salvages and 40 Rancor salvages). To make it worse I had rewards far less inferior to someone who posted 0...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Hiya,

1v6X4o5.png
    undefined.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon

You told us, on April 2nd that we would be seeing an improvement in rewards: great, that's what we've been asking for. You have spoken of flattening rewards: fair enough, we will try it out. You mentioned increasing the currency payout: fair enough, we will try it out. Most importantly, you said you would remove challenge gear: I cannot put enough emphasis on this, BUT THANK YOU, it was our main request.
    Now, I guess communication was poor on what "improvement" meant. Your update post mentions improvements to both Guild Store and Guild Event... Sure, we'll take it. However, we could also have taken it with THIS update so that everything balances out. But that was missed. Now we're told to wait patiently at least two weeks with rewards most players will call a nerf.
    My point is, you have seen the uproar those "improvements" have caused. I ask of you, in the name of longtime loyal players, that you DO NOT TOUCH Rancor or HAAT.
    Please. Do. Not. "Improve". Them.
    We asked for you to remove Challenge gear: clear and simple. That is the only change we want and wanted. You want to experiment Heroic Sith raid with us; fair. But how about you try our experiment which is the simple removal of challenge gear across Rancor and HAAT and see how that turns out.
    Until we can try both options, you and the community will not arrive to a fair solution.
    Hear us out; I believe it's the least you can do for now right now, and to avoid another uproar.
    I hope you truly consider this.
    Thank you.
  • Infinity War and Solo movie will make everyone feel better. Since in the trailer we see Chewie’s wife, I bet Lumpy is there too! George Lucas can’t shake the Christmas Special.
  • Stamp8987
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    You won't change it back though will you?

Because none of this stems from concerns players had. Challenge gear in all raids, the dismal rewards for the Sith raid in the lower tiers (trust me I know, the only reason I worked for heroic STR was so I didn't have to stare at that evil battle counter), no this had absolutely nothing to do with player concerns.

You are upset that more players are completing this than you thought there would be. You talk about too much gear rewards upsetting the balance between players and yet you sell gear XII salvage for crystals and full gear in packs for cash?

You are only willing to accept an imbalance if people have paid for it.

None of the other raids place a limit in the reward box on how much salvage you can earn.

Why is it easier now to get Heroic pit and tank rewards than it is in the Heroic Pit or Tank?

In what reality does that make sense? I am more likely to get Stun Gun and Carbanti Salvage out of the Sith Raid than I am the Rancor.

When my guild mates told me about this and I saw the screenshots I couldn't believe that it was true, and then to actually see it after refreshing P1 for an hour?

Its insanity.

Imagine going to an Italian restaurant and ordering the lasagna which you have heard amazing things about and in turn have the waitress bring you a large plate of organic vegan nachos. What would you do?

End this EA, bring the old rewards back before the house burns down.
  • How to solve this debacle:

1) Roll back the reward changes immediately
    2) Apologize for misleading communication and gross miscalculation of reward changes
    3) Explain clearly that the HST rewards will need to be tuned down for the health of the game, and some flattening of rewards needs to occur, especially with new g12 slots coming. But you will make these changes once you’ve tested them and ensured they are fair and reasonable in the context of past rewards.
    4) Roll out new changes with flattening, bump up lower tier rewards, and reduce hst rewards by about 30%. People can live with losing 30%, we all pay taxes, we get how that works. When you start going to 50% plus (or, as you did, an 81% reduction in my rewards from last week to this week), you get riots.
    5) Hire a gaming psychologist to tell you that you can’t give players something then take away 81% of it the next day. Hire a non-game changer player to sit in your offices and tell you the hard truth about how the playerbase will respond to your proposed plans.
    6) Go back to 3 days ago when you were communicating and the game was in the best place it’s ever been. Seriously, before yesterday you guys were doing amazing. You have to put the customer first going forward to prove that yesterday was the mirage, and the month prior to yesterday was the reality.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you guys? We're talking about trust and lies and a kick in the teeth? They said they were going to improve it, they didn't, they said they messed up, and they'll fix it. THIS IS JUST A **** GAME, PEOPLE! Get over it.

That ignores the fact that people spend money on this game, or spent going by the sound of it. Unlike the last issue (Expose Nerf) they don't have a carrot on deck worthwhile to everyone (CLS and JTR) to push people into spending again, even with Bossk.

After initially defending CG, I agree that the anger is justified since they seemed to bend over backwards to preemptively communicate this change as a win/win which actually excited many. They actively mislead the community. If they lose customers over this, it's earned.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm not going to be able to reply to each of you individually, but I will read through all the comments and am listening to what's being said. When we said we wanted to communicate more, we knew there could be times like these where - if we had never shared our intent in the first place, then maybe this would feel like less of a let down.

I ask that with the changes in effect (and we gave ourselves two weeks to make sure we can do the work, test it, get it in the build and roll it out to you - but it could be less) see how it feels then, if you're so inclined.

We will continue to monitor both the data and the sentiment and will keep you update on the changes we are making and why we are making them.

Reverting the changes temporarily isn't an option?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    I'm not an actual developer, but it seems that this would fix things: Reverting a commit

I understand that this may not be the actual repository used, but isn't it that simple?

I am a developer, and while it can be more complex than that ... reverting certainly is a solution that should be an valid option for them.
  • DmanofGod1 wrote: »
    ... I spend A LOT less time on heroic rancor and heroic HAAT and I'd rather have those rewards. Plus it's much less of a time commitment.
    Just wait, they are slated to "improve" those rewards as well. So rest assured they will be made much worse as well, if only to make the sith rewards seem better by comparison.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you guys? We're talking about trust and lies and a kick in the teeth? They said they were going to improve it, they didn't, they said they messed up, and they'll fix it. THIS IS JUST A **** GAME, PEOPLE! Get over it.

I now imagine Mischen1 is Tom Smykowski.

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jeric wrote: »

That ignores the fact that people spend money on this game, or spent going by the sound of it. Unlike the last issue (Expose Nerf) they don't have a carrot on deck worthwhile to everyone (CLS and JTR) to push people into spending again, even with Bossk.

After initially defending CG, I agree that the anger is justified since they seemed to bend over backwards to preemptively communicate this change as a win/win which actually excited many. They actively mislead the community. If they lose customers over this, it's earned.

To add to this - response times for different things are very different. Money spent aside, we spend a lot of time in the game. More time on 3rd party apps (fixing chat now seems useless) and here on the forums. That’s a lot of dedication and time for a game. What’s crazier than that is spending the same amount of time on a game and telling other people - hey it’s only a game.
    There’s a lot of hoopla over things because it’s the internet, hyperboles and everything else. What I love though is that we notice everything. And I love that if there is an injustice or slip up we provide that feedback. Not to mention this is the same old same old. We re correct not to trust because we have been burned before.

Y’all know what it is. “Review time” amd then a long winded dev update on how this will remain the same with other improvements that will be on their way.

That person that wrote to a senator -maybe too much but I bet that was reviewed with the most interest than what we are all saying here.
    They have to do lists and calendars of what’s to come. They all knew this was happening before communication improvements.
    We ve asked for needless gear to be taken out of all raids. It never happens. Even the challenge gear we asked to change it and switch it up. Nope. I’m looking at you mace tank challenge!
    I don’t expect much to happen here at all.
  • Wow! It's amazing the number of players that get easily distracted because they just posted something super vague using Kozispoon's account. This is just a distraction! "I've missed you", "is that really you?" (As if she were your first girlfriend or something), bla bla bla, etc... Really?? I'll remind everyone that communications were horrible with Kozi... Stay focused everyone!
  • JPBrunel wrote: »
    Wow! It's amazing the number of players that get easily distracted because they just posted something super vague using Kozispoon's account. This is just a distraction! "I've missed you", "is that really you?" (As if she were your first girlfriend or something), bla bla bla, etc... Really?? I'll remind everyone that communications were horrible with Kozi... Stay focused everyone!

I will always love Kozi.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    That person that wrote to a senator -maybe too much but I bet that was reviewed with the most interest than what we are all saying here.

Yes, too much. A sense of perspective is useful.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • As far as I can tell they've all studied at the Sarah Huckabee Sanders School of Communication.
  • TVF wrote: »

Yes, too much. A sense of perspective is useful.

I want to know which senator it is.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Rank 1 reward
    12M Damage in heroic sith raid
    https://imgur.com/a/IPl19
  • Heroic rewards aside which I'm super bummed about, the rewards for the lower tiers must be bumped up to increase participation. I hated the time sink and nasty rewards from t6. Can't imagine there's much incentive left anymore in those guilds. I read over and over that participation is low in the non heroic tiers and I can't blame those guilds at all. And with the heroic rewards nerfed so bad its just traya shards now really. And traya will take months and months to farm. Gear is what people want now.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    And just for quoting the last q&A.

Neo2551: Why are the gear requirements so unbalanced? Mk3 Carbanti, Mk5 stun guns, mk3 cuffs, mk8 biotech balls, mk4 comlink? Are there any plans to relief the burden in the short future?
    [SA] We've substantially improved gear income for most players piece by piece over the last several months, but we know that there is more work to do here. Our next step for adjusting gear income is going to come out of looking at the impact of the raid rewards changes. Specifically, while most top-end gear will get a little easier to acquire as a result of these changes, we suspect a few pieces will still need some additional loosening, and we will have more to share on this once we get initial feedback and data.

This discussion has been closed.