IG-100 bugs/issues.

A few bugs with the new incarnation of IG-100 that actually result in the change being more akin to a nerf than anything:

1.). Damage values from both basic attack and special skill have dropped drastically. I think he's still deriving damage based off of his INT (which used to be his primary stat). He's dealing about 60% less damage now with both actions.

2.) His new unique. The only thing working from it is the low counter chance. He's not receiving "speed up" or "offense up" buffs accordingly (when he goes without taking damage in a round prior to his turn). And due to the 1st bug, his counter-attack damage is completely negligible.

3.).(not really a bug, but something that should be pointed out) You removed what would've been guaranteed counter-attack capability attached to skill upgrade level 8 for his basic (to gain retribution for 2 turns) in addition to depriving him of being capable of causing an AoE offense down opportunity (his passive used to give him +15% crit chance and on crits, cause offense down, which pretty much was the greatest purpose to field him, yet this is now gone).

In essence, the IG-100 update was intended to make him more useful/viable, but it's actually a significant reduction in his performance. The ONLY positives are that he now has a small passive counter chance, about 4k more health, his AoE special gives some turn-meter if evaded, and that his basic can now apply offense down without crit ting.

The negatives, however, are: drastically reduced damage to both his basic attack and his AoE, he lost the 15% crit chance boosting passive, he lost the application of offense down via any attack that crits (both basic and AoE), and he lost the capability of gaining Retribution (100% counter-chance) for 2 turns that was attached to his basic when upgraded to level 8.

Honestly, I'd prefer him as he was prior to the update despite not yet being able to upgrade his basic to get retribution yet. At least he did enough damage to help a droid group out, and his chance to apply offense down with AoE was the real saving grace to field him over a non-droid unit (such as Poggle or a healer).

Replies

• Regarding point 2, I noticed while looking at IG100 that there is the text saying "Speed up" but the icon doesn't appear above his head. So maybe the buff is there without the visual Q?
  • I've checked his speed against my other characters and it's still the same. They take two turns before him even if he isn't touched every turn. Any buff a character gets should be visual
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I think the "speed up" notice and lack of buff icon (and effect) is similar to many 1-turn duration buffs/de-buffs "falling off" in the sense that it is probably being applied immediately before his turn and expiring as he actually takes his turn.

Either way, if the speed up portion worked at all, we'd be noticing an offense up portion in the following round, which has never happened.
  • @EA_Jesse can we get some devs to look into this?
  • Aha kk didn't have the ability upgraded to see the damage buff. That's unfortunate.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Dang. This sounds like a train wreck of an update. Didn't they test it out at all before releasing? :O
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Dang. This sounds like a train wreck of an update. Didn't they test it out at all before releasing? :O

Wish they had. @EA_Jesse, I apologize for attempting to draw your attention to this again, but I'm yet to hear anything official about it, and I'm sure we'd all appreciate some insight. Magnaguards are probably the coolest (unique, and rather powerful, particularly when they fight on despite having their head chopped off) droid adversaries the Jedi faced during the clone wars, and I invested (wastefully, it feels) heavily into developing mine.

• Bumping this up, I agree with all of SinnerWill's points and I feel like I've wasted a lot of money to develop my IG-100.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I would agree @EA_Jesse, what's going on? Any updates?
  • I can only agree with the OP. The lack of damage might be working as intended but I’m not seeing any buffs being applied when he is not attacked. No icon or affect. This appears crystal clear when I use him in the tank challenges.
  • @CG_JohnSalera

@SinnerWill please post this on reddit it will get noticed there.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Seconded, I'm waiting for my magnaguard to be relevant but nothing procs
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • @CG_JohnSalera

@SinnerWill please post this on reddit it will get noticed there.

Sorry, I don't use Reddit. Feel free to post it on my behalf if you'd be so kind. This is the only place that should actually matter for reporting, though, no? I mean, this is the official forums, and this is the Bugs and Issues section. Everything should be where it's intended to be. I'm sure someone official has at least read it by now, but perhaps lacked sufficient information to give an informed response. Compound that by the fact that IG-100 happened to be one of the least popular characters in the game, so it's not like they'd be in any rush to fix him for the few that have actually bothered with investing into him.

Honestly, I think they may have been afraid of his sudden potential once the next level cap comes, and likely disguised his nerf as a "re-design to make him actually viable". Honestly, with the way he was, if he could get level 8 basic upgraded (60% chance to get Retibution for 2 rounds), he could've been absolutely devastating with his former damage output, and despite his low speed, he would've picked up a LOT of extra turns in an HK-led group.

His basic used to do upper 2k's damage non-crit, and upwards to 5k crit. He also crit A LOT (about 75% of the time) back then, since he had the 15% bonus crit chance in his passive. His AoE wasn't too shabby, either (in fact, I'd say it was in the top 5 best damage-wise, while also applying turn-meter reduction and potentially offense down on all foes, despite his low potency back then).

Now, his basic is lucky to crit for 3k. His AoE damage rarely breaks 2k, and despite all the new bonuses for picking up turn-meter with it due to the presence of Jedi targets and evades, he rarely ever seems to come out of it with full turn-meter anymore (rarely crits since the re-work). Prior to his change, it was rare for him not to crit every target he landed it on.

So... Yeah, I'm quite frustrated by this. Droids NEED a good, effective tank (or at least a droid that's capable of AoE offense down application, like he was).
    It's like they focused so heavily on making RG good (and succeeded), that their efforts for magnaguard were half-hearted.

• Ig100 is worse than before. Still a worthless toon. I regret completely maxing everything on this toon. I want my purple gear back to use on another toon.
  • To the top!!
  • @EA_Jesse, can you please get this to the devs to have them work on for the next big update (seems like there are quite a few bugs they've been ironing out for it)? I know it won't make it for the 3/15 update, but it'd be nice if they could have it done for the one to follow.
  • I posted about it a while ago. It went unnoticed as will this thread....
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/18258/magna-guard-bug#latest
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Lame this hasn't been fixed. My dreams of GG + ig-100 have gone by the wayside.

Plus, go to love when they spend development time completely changing a character, only to have that character not work with their new changes lol
  • I posted about it a while ago. It went unnoticed as will this thread....
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/18258/magna-guard-bug#latest

IG-100 isn't exactly a popular character, so he'll get ignored by the community easily (and by extension, possibly the devs as well, since a few nagging voices get drowned out by the masses of screaming voices for other issues involving more popular characters). I just want to make sure that this issue is acknowledged, and while it can certainly be placed lower on the list of priorities for a remedy, that it isn't simply being completely overlooked.
  • Since the most recent patch that fixed IG-100's re-worked mechanics (specifically, his new passive unique to gain speed up and offense up consecutively, which are now working fine), I've noticed that his old damage values for both his basic attack and special (when he now has offense up) are pretty much on par with the damage values he was putting out before (when he didn't have offense up).

I'm curious as to whether or not this intentional, honestly, since it seems like it's still a huge nerf to his overall performance. Particularly when it's incredibly difficult to have him go undamaged for 2 consecutive turns with such a low base speed. A single opponent with an AoE pretty much keeps IG-100 from getting even so much as speed up by the time the opposing team is ready to take him out, so the new re-work is pretty redundant.

Honestly, if he were left as he was (without the whole "re-work"), he would've been able to pick-up retribution for 2 rounds from his basic (giving him 100% counter chance) while still dishing out higher damage and capable of applying offense down with crits (namely, from his special as an AoE).

Lastly, giving IG-100 a "speed up" buff is more of an insult than anything, since he has one of the lowest base speeds, and since a "speed up" buff is a %-based modifier of their base speed value, this makes IG-100 one of the least beneficial units to have it on him.

Can we get a further re-work of IG-100 with something similar to Ahsoka's passive, perchance? Her new flat-value modifier to speed from her passive EASILY trumps IG-100's, and as you can likely see, it has successfully made her viable.

Pretty much the only time IG-100 is getting his passive buffs to proc are when you take him on multiple stage PVE missions and challenges.

In essence, IG-100 needs another look at for a re-work (unless the upcoming damage balancing based upon speed balances him out) to make him viable.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    I already got Kylo, Dooku, GS to 7* in cantina. Now im working on IG-100 and it just get 3*. Should i farm someone else in Cantina? I already max out my IG-88, 86, HK-47..lol
  • Song wrote: »
    I already got Kylo, Dooku, GS to 7* in cantina. Now im working on IG-100 and it just get 3*. Should i farm someone else in Cantina? I already max out my IG-88, 86, HK-47..lol
    @Song I wouldn't recommend IG-100 at the moment. Possibly never, if they don't re-work him further. He was actually decent prior to the re-work (although squishy, he hit surprisingly hard and was capable of AoE offense down debuffing).

Now, he's sturdier (more health), but his damage was greatly reduced, he lost his 15% crit chance bonus, he's still the slowest droid, and while his unique ability is intended to off-set his shortcomings, it's really poorly designed for Magnaguard and it's extremely rare to get more than the speed up buff to apply.

I suggest farming someone else in the meantime, unless they state that they'll be further looking into him as it'd be a gamble to think he'd become significantly better even with the fortitude mechanic and speed-based damage output re-balance in the works.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    @SinnerWill thanks for your response.

I already got 7* Dooku, Kylo, GS. not sure who i should farm. I really dont want to waste a month of effort to farm some useless toon.

I'm thinking of Old Ben or finish my JC to 7* (currently 5*)
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Song wrote: »
    @SinnerWill thanks for your response.

I already got 7* Dooku, Kylo, GS. not sure who i should farm. I really dont want to waste a month of effort to farm some useless toon.

I'm thinking of Old Ben or finish my JC to 7* (currently 5*)

@Song

Couple of good suggestions for you:

1.). Lando - actually pretty good. Capable of endless AoE usage, which becomes quite potent. Squishy and a tad slow right now, though. Can single-handedly destroy (as in be the sole damage-dealer, not that he's soling everything) arena teams and large enemy-count encounters, particularly with certain leader(s), and group compositions. Also worth farming for the inevitable scoundrel event.

2.) Chief Chirpa - never underestimate the furb- I mean... Ewoks! Solid leader ability, though, regardless of whether or not you have other Ewoks, though I'd suggest you certainly farm for elder.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    my arena team is HK-47(lead), sid, ig-88, poggle, Poe. not sure if IG-100 will contribute to the team..

UoBBfO2.png
  • Song wrote: »
    my arena team is HK-47(lead), sid, ig-88, poggle, Poe. not sure if IG-100 will contribute to the team..

UoBBfO2.png

In arena... Not likely as is.