Health of the game

Replies

• My suggestion would be to do something other than "get annoyed".
  • Revi wrote: »
    Game is in a poor state at the moment, everyone can see that. Was so good between 12 & 24 months ago. This year has been an epic failure though. Really hoping for some good playable game content in the future.

I feel it's gone downhill pretty badly. My guild is at an all time low in terms of communication or even doing events. Games like this rise and fall all the time and I think it's partially predicated on new meat coming in and trying to whale up to be competitive - "life cycle" being how many new whales come into replace the ones that leave.

Game health is going to be different from our point of view and CG's - that the single best thing they've done in 2018 is make GW simmable is kind of sad. I think Marvel lit a small fire under there butts - but hasn't changed what they produce or do one little bit - they'll just keep reviewing data, see how much they make/lose, then decide to hire more programmers and release more content based solely on that.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    You know what is actually killing this game imo?

people are caring way too much.

They swap mods for each battle, retry 10 times for good RNG, then complain that it "takes too long to swap mods" and that "Sith raid is too repitive". Personally, as a player who play this game as a game, i actually enjoy almost every single aspect of it, all to way to sith raid and DSTB.

Okay rant over i m gonna go hide somewhere.

Exactly This ^^
  • My issue with the Sith raid is this... if I wanted to spend hours of my leisure time playing a raid I would go back to MMOs... They were enjoyable and rewarding in more ways than just what may drop. From DaoC (relic raids, dragon raids, legion raids, ToA raids, etc), WoW (basically every raid up to and through WotLK), WaR (the original keep raids which were tremendously bugged and every other raid that was available), to SWtoR (did every raid up to when they screwed Ilum up then quit MMOs).

I play mobile games now because I don't want to waste most of my leisure time anymore. If I want to spend hours+ on raids I'll go back to wow. All those games I listed were fun because of the people and the environment... Not always the raid itself. The Sith Raid is a time sink that is by far the least rewarding for the time as any raid I've ever done.

Interesting tidbit... Of the 4 games I listed (Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Age of Reckoning, Star Wars The Old Republic) 3 of the games (not WoW) have some similarities. One is they are unfortunately either dead or almost dead, another is they all 3 had great potential, and the other is a parent company... Ea.

I've had some experience with them...
  • My suggestion would be to do something other than "get annoyed".

Lol are you encouraging people to stop playing the game? Because as annoying as it can be, having players that get annoyed is good for the game. It means they're passionate about it and that they care
  • Fyi, i don't ask people to leave the game. My personal opinion is day by day i'm easily have fatique about playing this game. The new mode spend more times, but the reward is not good so i think it's okay if i pass several modes, then slowly i've passed my arena and fleet payout, not have will to climb.

I think it's just me
  • You know what's great for the long term health of this game? Dishonesty and lack of respect for your customers needs.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    You know what's great for the long term health of this game? Dishonesty and lack of respect for your customers needs.

*Mic Drop*
  • Obiobi
    32 posts Member
    There are way too many of you "concerned" about the health of this game. It is doing very well, in case you are not aware. That thought process of constantly complaining and taking jabs is generally associated with people that don't spend money to support the game. Shame on all of you that complain and don't spend money on SWGOH on a regular basis. If you play for free, just enjoy it or shut your pie hole. Go find something better to do than spend your precious time talking negatively about a game a lot of us really enjoy. If you feel like it's a waste of your time, you should just do something else. Getting emo over a game says way more about your health than it does about the video game's.

These forums of full of whining because a lot of you have nothing better to do than talk about hating something you actually love. I wish this game had a monthly fee to weed out all the scrubs that complain. If you don't support the game, then why would you have an opinion? I look at how many posts some of the people that are ranting have, and it becomes apparent. You don't spend your time making money to enjoy something like this. You spend all your time talking in forums.

I understand that some of you may respond and say you have spent before, but... in advance, I think your full of it. Spend regularly then you have an argument. Everyone I know that spends money regularly on this game complains very little and enjoys it, for the most part. You probably have a family member that deserves more attention, concerning their health. Go hang out with them. You'll, likely, argue that my point seems to only be about money... and to that I say... exactly. This game is about money on the developer's side, and spending money on this side. So spend, or shut up, and do something more worthy with your time.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Obiobi wrote: »
    There are way too many of you "concerned" about the health of this game. It is doing very well, in case you are not aware. That thought process of constantly complaining and taking jabs is generally associated with people that don't spend money to support the game. Shame on all of you that complain and don't spend money on SWGOH on a regular basis. If you play for free, just enjoy it or shut your pie hole. Go find something better to do than spend your precious time talking negatively about a game a lot of us really enjoy. If you feel like it's a waste of your time, you should just do something else. Getting emo over a game says way more about your health than it does about the video game's.

These forums of full of whining because a lot of you have nothing better to do than talk about hating something you actually love. I wish this game had a monthly fee to weed out all the scrubs that complain. If you don't support the game, then why would you have an opinion? I look at how many posts some of the people that are ranting have, and it becomes apparent. You don't spend your time making money to enjoy something like this. You spend all your time talking in forums.

I understand that some of you may respond and say you have spent before, but... in advance, I think your full of it. Spend regularly then you have an argument. Everyone I know that spends money regularly on this game complains very little and enjoys it, for the most part. You probably have a family member that deserves more attention, concerning their health. Go hang out with them. You'll, likely, argue that my point seems to only be about money... and to that I say... exactly. This game is about money on the developer's side, and spending money on this side. So spend, or shut up, and do something more worthy with your time.

Oh wow, so much text wasted just to say that only whales have the right to complain. If you hate ftp so much, perhaps you could find a payed game without all the filthy peasants...
  • Obiobi wrote: »

Oh... Didn't you know? That's what being a Star Wars fan is all about.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Themy wrote: »
    It’s pretty simple, the Sith raid is BORING and the rewards were good so people did the raid. Now that the rewards are garbage and the raid is still boring you’re going to see a huge drop in morale of guilds in order to try to push through to Heroic. 4-5 full items is probably too much, but 100% chance at one g12 with a chance at multiple other
    Full items (including other g12) would be fine. Also need to up the currency to compensate a well.

This 100%. The Sith raid has already caused several high level players to leave my guild. I just auto the Sith raid. I'd say it's the most boring and least rewarding aspect of this game.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    If you farm the hardnodes you get without refreshes at least 50 shards a month (if you take the low end of 1 per day for talzin and wicket )
    Thats 40 more than before when the event was running once a month
    Umm, you get 240 + 3 x 45 (135), 375 free energy for hard battles per day.
    Hard nodes run from 12 - 16 - 20 x 5, 60, 80 or 100 Energy cost.
    Drop rate is 30%. 30% of 5 is 1.5 per day from each 5 Hard node battles.
    That's the average amount per day for Talzin, Wicket, or any other character who is only available on one hard node.

1.5 x 31 = 36.5 shards per month, not 50.

You need a total of 330 shards to take one character to 7*. If you already had Talzin at 15/30, you need 265 total to get her to 7*.
    265/1.5 = 176.6 days, without refreshes.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    There are way too many of you "concerned" about the health of this game. It is doing very well, in case you are not aware.
    Wow, how superior must you be? Everyone is quite aware of that. You obviously missed the post from the devs that stated that the degradation of the rewards was for the long term health of the game.
    That is what people are parodying, you seem to have taken them literally.

That thought process of constantly complaining and taking jabs is generally associated with people that don't spend money to support the game. Shame on all of you that complain and don't spend money on SWGOH on a regular basis. If you play for free, just enjoy it or shut your pie hole. Go find something better to do than spend your precious time talking negatively about a game a lot of us really enjoy. If you feel like it's a waste of your time, you should just do something else. Getting emo over a game says way more about your health than it does about the video game's.
    lol there's more evidence of just how massively superior to everyone else you are. Nice, you're awesome!
    Just gets better, doesn't it. lmfao!
    Man, you & your ego are actually hilarious. You don't even know the difference between "you're" and "your", yet you're just so superior that this doesn't matter, you can make wild sweeping assumptions and then apply them to everyone with a complaint, because you're awesome.
    Well done.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Lrrr wrote: »
    The last 5-6 month seemingly have constant tension between the player base and the devs.
    Constant tension between a very vocal minority of the player base.

The players who are on reddit and this forum are a small percentage of the players overall. Of that small percentage, there isn't even a united tension. It's a percentage of a percentage.

My honest advice to anyone playing the game is to stay away from the forum and reddit and just enjoy the game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    My issue with the Sith raid is this... if I wanted to spend hours of my leisure time playing a raid I would go back to MMOs...

This is the exact point I'm making above--If you don't want to spend hours of your leisure time playing a raid, then don't. It's a totally self-inflicted punishment. I do 5 battles a day on our raid and it takes 20 minutes. Sometimes I do those 20 minutes all in one chunk while watching something on Netflix, sometimes I break it up into a discrete chunks throughout the day--two in the morning before work, one during lunch, one after work, one before bed. Don't retreat, it's not that big of a deal. Don't swap mods, it's not that big of a deal. Just play the **** game instead of having to have such complete control that you're micromanaging everything when you've already said you don't like that. You don't like spending hours on a raid? Cool, then don't. Relax, spend 20 minutes, go eat a donut.

Unless you didn't actually mean "hours," in which case you're hyperbolizing for effect. In other words lying.

You created a problem for yourself, you're mad that they're not fixing it instead of changing your behavior, and now you've come to the forum and reddit to get that validation with all the other people who are doing the same without any regard for the toxicity this creates and the harm it does to anyone just browsing the board.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @Obiobi if you truly were someone who financially supports the game (& had some rationale & reason), you would be questioning the shifting, diminishing return on your investment, as most other spenders' complaints seem to be centred specifically on this aspect.
    Moving the goalposts after people paid to take a shot is not going to encourage people to continue paying to take a shot.
    This practice has been repeatedly employed & then subsequently apologised for.
    People are fed up of it happening & fed up of being lied to with hollow, meaningless apologies.
    These people are justifiably upset.
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Bawz wrote: »
    If you farm the hardnodes you get without refreshes at least 50 shards a month (if you take the low end of 1 per day for talzin and wicket )
    Thats 40 more than before when the event was running once a month
    Umm, you get 240 + 3 x 45 (135), 375 free energy for hard battles per day.
    Hard nodes run from 12 - 16 - 20 x 5, 60, 80 or 100 Energy cost.
    Drop rate is 30%. 30% of 5 is 1.5 per day from each 5 Hard node battles.
    That's the average amount per day for Talzin, Wicket, or any other character who is only available on one hard node.

1.5 x 31 = 36.5 shards per month, not 50.

You need a total of 330 shards to take one character to 7*. If you already had Talzin at 15/30, you need 265 total to get her to 7*.
    265/1.5 = 176.6 days, without refreshes.

do your math again
    you get 10 per event if you dont refresh for wicket/talzin and they now run twice a month as it seems like
    so with your well calculated 36,5 shards you actually get 56,5 per month which is even 46,5 more than before
    so i was at the low end with my assumption of 40 more per month
    thank you for correcting me
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    do your math again
    you get 10 per event if you dont refresh for wicket/talzin and they now run twice a month as it seems like
    so with your well calculated 36,5 shards you actually get 56,5 per month which is even 46,5 more than before
    so i was at the low end with my assumption of 40 more per month
    thank you for correcting me
    You didn't mention Events.
    Your statement seemed to be specifically related to Hard nodes.
    "If you farm the hardnodes you get without refreshes at least 50 shards a month"
    I now presume that you actually meant that if you farm the hard node (singular) & complete the events then you will collect a total from both format of at least 50 shards per month.
    But that's not what you said. Hence my maths being absolutely correct in the context that I responded to you, thanks.
    If what you meant was slightly different from what you wrote, as per my presumption above, then I see & accept your point re the total amount gained.
    Obviously you are completely correct in your underlying point: That people now have the ability to gain considerably more shards per month than they were previously able to.
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    "Thats 40 more than before when the event was running once a month"

i was sure my last sentence included the fact that you obv do the events and they are doubled now :)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    The last 5-6 month seemingly have constant tension between the player base and the devs.

The players who are on reddit and this forum are a small percentage of the players overall. Of that small percentage, there isn't even a united tension. It's a percentage of a percentage.

My honest advice to anyone playing the game is to stay away from the forum and reddit and just enjoy the game.

This right here.

I only come here to watch the world burn, whilst eating my popcorn.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018

i was sure my last sentence included the fact that you obv do the events and they are doubled now :)
    Ah right, I'm with you.
    I read your comparison as being between hard nodes now & a prior time when there were no hard nodes and only an event available.
    The "40 more" that you refer to made no mention of any income coming from events, only the "before" does. The 40 more specifically made reference to the hard nodes only.
    I recognise now that you were automatically including them in the pre & post change total, but I did not interpret that from reading your original post.
  • There are always extreme emotions when the game is over extreme sums of money.
  • "Thats 40 more than before when the event was running once a month"

so at the end its way

Ah right, I'm with you.
    I read your comparison as being between hard nodes now & a prior time when there were no hard nodes and only an event available.
    The "40 more" that you refer to made no mention of any income coming from events, only the "before" does. The 40 more specifically made reference to the hard nodes only.
    I recognise now that you were automatically including them in the pre & post change total, but I did not interpret that from reading your original post.

so we are on the same page now :)

• Bawz
    31 posts Member
    so at the end its way
    Unsure what this means?
    so we are on the same page now :)
    Yes, indeed we are, now that it's clear which pages you're referring to :smile:
  • NicWester wrote: »

Wise and accurate words.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @CoastalJames @NicWester
    Complaints always carry more visibility and volume than praise, even when outweighed by actual numbers.
    Most people who are happy with something don't say anything.
    The opposite end of the spectrum is, well, the opposite. lol
    Most people at that end will be extremely vocal about their displeasure, whether it is valid or not is irrelevant at this point, their complaint will be heard!!
    Of course, most of the occupants of that camp spend more time looking for or creating/inventing problems anyway.
  • Bawz wrote: »
    Most people who are happy with something don't say anything.

Most people who are unhappy don't say anything either.
    Almost every player in my guild were unhappy with the sith raid from the start. They did not go on reddit.
  • Obiobi
    32 posts Member
    @Obiobi if you truly were someone who financially supports the game (& had some rationale & reason), you would be questioning the shifting, diminishing return on your investment, as most other spenders' complaints seem to be centred specifically on this aspect.
    Moving the goalposts after people paid to take a shot is not going to encourage people to continue paying to take a shot.
    This practice has been repeatedly employed & then subsequently apologised for.
    People are fed up of it happening & fed up of being lied to with hollow, meaningless apologies.
    These people are justifiably upset.

Return on investment? This is not an investment. I am content with what I've spent and the results. You can believe it's a superiority complex, but it's just about being sick of ppl that have time to talk trash...like you.

Furthermore, I'm glad you realize that I am superior to you in this game. Have a nice day being butt hurt.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Return on investment? This is not an investment. I am content with what I've spent and the results. You can believe it's a superiority complex, but it's just about being sick of ppl that have time to talk trash...like you.

Furthermore, I'm glad you realize that I am superior to you in this game. Have a nice day being butt hurt.
    Anything which you spend money on & gain something in return for the money you have spent, is a return on investment. smh.
    You may well be fine. Quite obviously a large number of other people in the same position are not.
    You failed to comprehend the actual cause of concern and went off on a rage rant about utter nonsense.
    I attempted to bring to your attention the valid basis of the concerns that prove your rant to be just that - utter nonsense.
    The only person slinging trash around, was you.
    I simply stated how awesome you must be in your massively superior position, which you seem determined to repeatedly deny & contradict with your conduct.
    Bravo.
    My rear end is absolutely fine, thanks for enquiring. Should I talk to you out of it, to give you a better chance of comprehending & relating?
This discussion has been closed.