Suggestions re: Yoda, Mace, etc...

DiscoSlice
275 posts Member
edited February 2016
So I got Mace to 5*, QGJ will be 5* before next Yoda event, as will Koth, Lumi and JC. Lumi is at 7*.

So, my dilemma: should I keep going for Koth and Mace shards - or should I start going for Barriss and someone else in Arena shipments now? Koth seems utterly useless outside the Yoda event. As does Mace.

Another way to ask it: is a 5* Yoda good enough? I'd rather the answer be yes so I can work on other things but I'm looking for honest Yoda feedback. I don't mind grinding Mace and Koth to 6 if he's worth it (not sure my group could even BEAT 6* Yoda.)

thanks!

Replies

• I have Yoda at 5* and level 9 gear. He is great in GW but not quite enough for arena. I see a couple 6* Yodas on my server so my guess is the sixth star makes him more viable for arena. I'm on track to get him to 6 next time the event opens.

Like you I've been farming Mace and plan to keep going to 7, but will likely swap him for someone else for the Yoda event opening time after next. I just don't think I'll be able to get Mace to 7 in time. So I started farming Koth in arena shipments too. I think my Koth will outpace Mace for shards to make that event.
  • MichaelWayne
    26 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm on the same path! I'm actually going to push this group to 7* and test my luck as I'm still level 63 atm, with no means to unlock Barris
  • So, should I keep farming Mace and Koth then? I'm tempted to at least switch to Barriss only cause she's more useful, but that gimps my Yoda lineup...
  • Wetwurx
    193 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    So, should I keep farming Mace and Koth then? I'm tempted to at least switch to Barriss only cause she's more useful, but that gimps my Yoda lineup...

It's up to you. A lot of people use Barriss. I personally have yet to unlock her and never really focused on getting her. I've been level 70 since within a week of the cap increase. Never felt that I had to have her. I finish GW every day and keep up in arena just fine.

I've been almost wholly focused on getting my Jedi team leveled up for the Yoda event. I got Mace from a bronzium card months ago but never did much with him until the Yoda event happened. I already had a max Luminara and well on the way with JC, Ahshoka and started QGJ when he came out in squad arena shipments. So Mace was my most expedient 5th Jedi.

That probably doesn't help much but I will tell you for me Barriss will remain a low priority. With so many teams out there that are focused on speed and high damage she does not seem to have a role. Just my opinion. I'm sure there are players who swear by her.

Good luck...
  • If you want to use Yoda soon go with Mace as he is faster for you. If you dont mind to wait a month more get Barris as she is a bit more useful in GW.
  • Ugh ok I guess I'll go with Mace to get him to 6* - new question: can 6* team of Mace, Lumi, Koth, JC and QGJ beat 6* Yoda?

Note: I have Ashoka at 2* and have been doing nothing with her...
  • I strongly recommend Barriss. Do what you have to to get Yoda. He is a blast to play! Barriss is queen of GW and new light side battles are coming. Plus it's possible that Devs will re-buff Barriss once the level cap maxes out. She was nerfed because of early game meta after all. I gotta go I think there's a mob with pitchforks outside!
  • It's either: work on Barriss and get 5* Yoda, or work on Mace and get 6* Yoda. I understnad Barriss isn't useless and helpful for GW. I guess it's more a question of Yoda's performance at 5 vs 6* - can anyone comment on that specifically?
  • DiscoSlice wrote: »
    It's either: work on Barriss and get 5* Yoda, or work on Mace and get 6* Yoda. I understnad Barriss isn't useless and helpful for GW. I guess it's more a question of Yoda's performance at 5 vs 6* - can anyone comment on that specifically?

Like I said above, I got him at 5* and it was worth it. He is very useful in GW and I have started using him in arena. You will need to farm for him for about a week solid to get him to gear 9 where he will be strong enough to use. He is the only character I have that allows gear 9 at level 70. I expect he is significantly better at 6* but is fun and can be used at 5.

If you decide to go for it at 5, you will only need to wait a little longer for the next time to get the 6th. I would suggest you stick with Mace and go for Barriss as a long term project.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I stay in the top 10 on my Thanksgiving shard with a 5* Yoda (and two other 6* actually). He could really use some extra health but he's a utility player and the 5* version is quite usable on offense. On defense I have to sub him out because his AI sucks.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • ok then maybe 5* is good enough - new question - I think I've been gimping myself in arena. I end up with a 4* hero in the lead (such as QGJ) and i think i am an easy target for players. How can I switch my lead to a "better" character so that I don't get pummeled and lose my ranks as often?

Right now I'm running:
    4* QGJ (L)
    4* GS
    7* Sid
    7* Lumi
    4 (almost 5)* Dooku

thanks! I usually end with QGJ as lead...
  • Yea we got the same comp. I got Dooku 7 star (leader) 7 star sid 7 star lumi 6 star gs & a soon to be 6 star qui Gon. Just keep gearing & leveling up qui Gon to say 6 star & level 7 speed leader & you'll see a huge difference. Luminara gains that 23 speed & your whole team becomes better. You know I've battled 7 star yoda he's awesome BUT if he doesn't have that qui Gon speed leader assist he's just a sitting duck. He's very beatable.
  • Why don't you use lumi or Sid as leader? You get evasion from lumi & crit from sid
  • I think you should upgrade them to 7* so then they can help unlock even more characters in the Jedi/Sith battles. I think you should finish them first, and not get yourself caught up with too many characters to handle. Make sure to have a solid group first
  • Mace is great for the tank challenge. Just saying.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    It's either: work on Barriss and get 5* Yoda, or work on Mace and get 6* Yoda. I understnad Barriss isn't useless and helpful for GW. I guess it's more a question of Yoda's performance at 5 vs 6* - can anyone comment on that specifically?

It is more like having Yoda at 6* one month earlier or not. Yoda will be 7* at some point regardless
  • Matt_Gon_Jinn
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    the 6 * Yoda challenge isn't even half as hard as the 7 *, I'd say yes you can fairly easily win the 6 * if you just go with the group you are farming. You are going to want Barriss leading your jedi in the 7 * though so may make more sense to get to work on her sooner. I won the 7 * without Barriss as mine was still 6 * but it is very frustrating and also takes extreme luck. I'm not ftp either so I had Kit Fisto, who was one of the mvp's of the fight.
  • Update: I decided to stop my Mace at 5*, and get Yoda at 5* this go-around. There's no way I'll be able to get a full team to 6* even if I get Mace to 6 (QGJ is almost 5*.) So, I started farm GS again for now since I use him in Arena often.

I'm not sure if I'll go for Barriss or Mace once I start Jedi farming again. I just got Koth to 6* - but should I bother using my Arena tokens for him - just to get to 7*? I have been eyeing HK, IG-88 and Han for a while now. So do u guys advise I keep going with Koth or work on someone else? I already have maxxed out Sid.