Help the jedi Galaxy of Heroes...you're their only hope

IE4TAPPL3S
482 posts Member
edited April 2018
I want to start off by requesting that this thread not get moved to feedback. It's a very prominent thing and deserves to be discussed where people can actually see it, thank you. The Jedi have no place in arena right now and it's just sad. They need a major rework. This would require a huge update. Kit Fisto, Qui Gon Jinn Secura, Eeth Koth, Jedi Knight Anakin, Mace Windu, Plo Koon and Grand Master Yoda all need reworks. The game is also missing some very important jedi masters such as Shaak Ti and Ki Adi Mundi. Honestly what's the point in even having Grand Master Yoda as a legendary character if he's useless? After the scoundrel updates it should be the devs number one priority to fix the peace keepers of the galaxy. Help the jedi galaxy of heroes devs, your their only hope.

Replies

• To be fair there are plenty of decent Jedi in the game. We have hermit Yoda, General Kenobi, Barriss, Ezra, Kanan, QGJ, let's say Aayla.

I think the rest will get a rework when Jedi Luke comes to the game, hopefully around Christmas.
  • Well... They did get wiped out by a sith they helped put in power, and then helped keep in power. All because they were to complacent in there own beliefs that they could sniff out the enemy, before anything happened to them.

• ^^ This

They're place in the current state of the galaxy is quite accurate, really
  • #EmpireDidNothingWrong
  • The calendar doesn't show Yoda has a mythic. Seeing as his event is supposed to run every other month, if you use that calculation, next month they will be doing characters from Solo along with exciting May the Fourth stuff, and of course Palpatine. June however, Yoda will be back, probably with a mythic AND a Jedi/Galactic Republic rework. July will be the other side of the coin and rework the Separatists.

Both are factions in DIRE need of a rework, have the opportunity for Legendary events(i.e. Padme, Jango, Malevolence) and new characters. Kinda what their model has been recently. We just have to be PATIENT.
  • It's funny how CLS or JTR who are jedi in training destroy anything yet a 40 year old trained from birth jedi like all of them can't stand up their own aprentice lol
  • ForeverWest76
    168 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I do think it is more than a little weird that one of most powerful Jedi in the game doesn't have a Jedi tag. I mean, come on, did Ezra ever train under the grandmaster of the Jedi order? Why does he have a Jedi tag? Luke was given direction by Kenobi, one of the greatest of the Jedi knights, and then went to Dagobah to receive guidance and training from Yoda.
  • Just don’t ever expect to finish Ground Wars now that your only choice is Jedi and an ugnaught. Unless Dooku and Ventress took a major nerf, the event is now impossible.
  • Given the recent wave of Dark Side love in the last few months, and the metaing of such, I think it's pretty clear that a Jedi rework is on the cards next.

Personally I depsise the 'orrible things but there ya go...
  • Given the recent wave of Dark Side love in the last few months, and the metaing of such, I think it's pretty clear that a Jedi rework is on the cards next.

Personally I depsise the 'orrible things but there ya go...

I'm with you on dislike of Jedi in general, I don't care to play with them at all. But it would be pretty cool if Jedi didn't counter attack when shot with a blaster. I would love to see them use their lightsabers to reflect the shots back instead!!
  • BazeMalbus wrote: »
    To be fair there are plenty of decent Jedi in the game. We have hermit Yoda, General Kenobi, Barriss, Ezra, Kanan, QGJ, let's say Aayla.

I think the rest will get a rework when Jedi Luke comes to the game, hopefully around Christmas.

Decent Jedi on paper perhaps. They are not viable in arena, they suck in raids and the only thing they are good for is a defensive squad in TW.....that's it.

I do hope the long awaited Jedi rework comes soon but likely to be at the end of this year...or next.
  • I do think it is more than a little weird that one of most powerful Jedi in the game doesn't have a Jedi tag. I mean, come on, did Ezra ever train under the grandmaster of the Jedi order? Why does he have a Jedi tag? Luke was given direction by Kenobi, one of the greatest of the Jedi knights, and then went to Dagobah to receive guidance and training from Yoda.

If you're referring to CLS, then the answer is that he didn't become a Jedi officially until Return of the Jedi. CLS is from Empire Strikes Back
  • I do think it is more than a little weird that one of most powerful Jedi in the game doesn't have a Jedi tag. I mean, come on, did Ezra ever train under the grandmaster of the Jedi order? Why does he have a Jedi tag? Luke was given direction by Kenobi, one of the greatest of the Jedi knights, and then went to Dagobah to receive guidance and training from Yoda.

If you're referring to CLS, then the answer is that he didn't become a Jedi officially until Return of the Jedi. CLS is from Empire Strikes Back

I think he was as much of a Jedi then as Ezra was
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Luke's training when he got to Bespin amounted to a road trip and a weekend.

Ezra actually received a significant amount of training from Kanan, if of dubious quality. Yoda acknowledged Kanan and Ezra as knight and padawan. With Luke, it was more like he was going through a youngling course for big people.
    Still not a he.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    "It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker.
  • I think Jedi need a leader ability that is on par with meta leaders (Traya, CLS, ZEP, RJT).

I had an idea for a jedi leader ability that I fleshed out in more detail here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1525327#Comment_1525327

Leader: All Jedi allies gain 15% turn meter whenever they gain a buff. All Jedi gain 15% offense and 15% defense for every buff on all allies. Zeta: At the beginning of each encounter all Jedis gain defense up and advantage for 2 turns.

Then remake the Jedi’s to have a theme around buffs (they kind of already do) and creating unique buffs, and buffs that can’t be dispelled or prevented. Like Hermit Yoda’s “Master’s Training”

It’s no secret than generally speaking, debuffs are more powerful than buffs. This would make gaining buffs for Jedi more powerful. Other ideas for tor the leader ability is to grant 3% evasion for every buff or 15% tenacity for every buff, possibly making tenacity useful again. Or granting some unique buff whenever a Jedi takes damage.
  • I think Jedi need a leader ability that is on par with meta leaders (Traya, CLS, ZEP, RJT).

I had an idea for a jedi leader ability that I fleshed out in more detail here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1525327#Comment_1525327

Leader: All Jedi allies gain 15% turn meter whenever they gain a buff. All Jedi gain 15% offense and 15% defense for every buff on all allies. Zeta: At the beginning of each encounter all Jedis gain defense up and advantage for 2 turns.

Then remake the Jedi’s to have a theme around buffs (they kind of already do) and creating unique buffs, and buffs that can’t be dispelled or prevented. Like Hermit Yoda’s “Master’s Training”

It’s no secret than generally speaking, debuffs are more powerful than buffs. This would make gaining buffs for Jedi more powerful. Other ideas for tor the leader ability is to grant 3% evasion for every buff or 15% tenacity for every buff, possibly making tenacity useful again. Or granting some unique buff whenever a Jedi takes damage.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Luke's training when he got to Bespin amounted to a road trip and a weekend.

Ezra actually received a significant amount of training from Kanan, if of dubious quality. Yoda acknowledged Kanan and Ezra as knight and padawan. With Luke, it was more like he was going through a youngling course for big people.

I don't actually have a clear idea how long Luke trained with Yoda. He went to Dagobah immediately after evacuating Hoth, and found Yoda almost immediately. His training basically began right away. In the meantime, Han and Leia had their adventure in the asteroids because their hyperdrive failed. Then they flew from somewhere in the vicinity of Hoth all the way to another planet, or possibly even a different solar system, at sub-light speeds! This should have taken a very, very long time.

Even if we assume Star Wars metaphysics come into the picture, it had to take longer than a day or two to go from Hoth to Bespin at sub-light speed. Bare minimum a week in the magic SW universe. Possibly as long as a month or two. Maybe longer. We don't really know.

What we do know is that Luke got enough training while with Yoda to unlock his power, if not control it. But he was still definitely an apprentice.

We also know that Han and Leia were cooped up together on the Falcon in deep space long enough to go from reluctant attraction to devoted lovers. Could have been a long trip indeed. Bow-chicka-wow-wow.