Give up? Or keep trying? Nvm just beat it woohoo, I am now a believer

WowWhatAName
28 posts Member
edited April 2018
I know I know it’s getting repetitive but seriously, 4/4 is very hard for me, I have Chopper and Ezra 200+ speed, and Hera, Chopper and Ezra gear 9, however I am only lvl 77 so I am unable to omega their uniques, I am also searching for more powerful mods for Zeb but as resources are limited, I need advice in the final stage, either I got sweeped or defeat the troopers then thrawn sweeped my team again, for anyone wondering, it’s my 26th try I’m not giving up until 75th try but seems unlikely or impossible, pls give me your thoughts and tell me if it’s possible
Btw my SWGOH.gg

https://swgoh.gg/u/skanhunt42/collection/?f=phoenix
Post edited by WowWhatAName on

Replies

• There are several people (including myself) that beat 7* with a team of Phoenix under 80. Check the other threads for team comps. It can be done, it's just a bit reliant on RNG.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • There are several people (including myself) that beat 7* with a team of Phoenix under 80. Check the other threads for team comps. It can be done, it's just a bit reliant on RNG.

i know i kinda saw it when i post this thread but can you give me some tips?
  • Keep trying? At your strength you really need things to line up a bit. Get the taunt off of the storm trooper, dispel the buffs on the death troopers ASAP (Zeb's special will clear it even though it's not a cleanse, which is a great help). Try to keep Kanan's offense down on Thrawn, and kill the death troopers first. A lot of people say kill the stormtrooper next, but I didn't find him nearly as dangerous as the healers. At the end it was Zeb, Chopper, Hera vs Thrawn, and it still came down to the wire as Thrawn dispatched Zeb leaving me with almost no damage.
  • robomelon314
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I will admit that I was more than a bit lucky, but I spent the last month leading up to thrawn farming mods, with almost every crystal going to refreshes on farming them. Here is the link to my swgoh account: https://swgoh.gg/u/robomelon314/collection/?f=phoenix
    I farmed two stun guns in the week and a half leading up to the event, and a side tip, I found that doing sims in groups of 5 made for what seemed like a guarantee of 1 salvage per set, with the occasional 2, and a 3 once.
    I spent 150 crystals doing this and got 15 salvage the day the event opened.

When thrawn came last time, I had my phoenix at 2 stars, and in that time, they have been pretty much the only team I have worked on. I think that I will continue using them for awhile, but when palpatine comes back, I will be in a really good position to have a high level empire team. I have tarkin on farm in case R2 comes back before palpatine, but I think thrawn will replace someone on my empire team as soon as I get him to gear 7/8.

I digress...
    I added the mk6 syringe to zeb this morning after thrawn, so I didn't have that when I got thrawn.
    Otherwise, everything is as it was.

I kept track of my previous attempts, quitting whenever zeb or ezra died, noting what enemies were left when I quit, who was fractured first, and if I got it down to thrawn only, who was left when I did. I kept track of 10, and I think I got it on the 11th.

Enemies Left Fracture Final Left?
    T+1 Kanan NA
    T+5 Hera NA
    T+5 Ezra NA
    T+2 Kanan NA
    T Kanan Left: Ezra, Zeb, Chopper
    T+5 Zeb NA
    T+5 Zeb NA
    T+5 Zeb NA
    T+5 Zeb NA
    T+3 Chopper NA
    NONE Chopper, then zeb, kanan Left: Hera, Ezra, Zeb, Kanan when last trooper died.
    Zeb almost died to fracture, but kanan taunted and prot regain let him survive too.

Kill Order: DT, DT, CM, CM, ST, Thrawn.

Hope this helps, I will answer any other questions you have, as well.
  • Your speed and gear is fine. Speed was much higher then mine to be honest, but I had Omegas on all the uniques, Hera leadership and level 85. First battle I was squashed, second survived all 5 members. It takes some luck, but the Omegas would really help.
  • Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Not there yet for me. Gotta get better Mods. Existing ones are decent, and strong enough to get 6* Thrawn only.

All five are at Gear 9 and Abilities 7:
    -Hera Speed 160
    -Ezra Speed 172
    -Kana Speed 135
    -Zeb Speed 167
    -Chopper Speed 182

IIRC, I'm always able to kill 0-2 in round 4. I don't think I ever got close to killing a 3rd.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Id be shocked if you didnt get him with your squad. Theyre more than fine. I would omega Heras rise together next and just keep grinding. Youll get it.
  • It's possible with good rng.
  • Buruan
    10 posts Member
    Its been done with less. Read the strategy guides.
    Only use basics until phase 4.
    Use chopper to remove taunt asap, call zeb on every assist, try to keep kanan alive with backup plan. Kilk dts first.
    Itll all fall into place one run and look easy.
  • This is my squad and struggling to get it done - http://swgoh.gg/u/raymundo2387/squads/61281/

Tearing my hair out!
  • Under level 80, you can’t have omegas on uniques. And that means you have to make up for it with gear and speed. You’ve got the gear, but don’t have the speed. Ezra, Hera, and Zeb should all be 180+ speed to have a chance, and a fast Chopper doesn’t hurt either. The only Phoenix member who does not need to be fast is Kanan. Making one of them fast isn’t enough - it’s all or no 7* Thrawn.

Also keep in mind a lot of the bare minimum folks have to run through the event 30, 40 times or more just to get things to work out perfectly.
  • My guys are level 81 each and most omegas thankfully. Just getting rinsed at the moment!
  • Keep trying? At your strength you really need things to line up a bit. Get the taunt off of the storm trooper, dispel the buffs on the death troopers ASAP (Zeb's special will clear it even though it's not a cleanse, which is a great help). Try to keep Kanan's offense down on Thrawn, and kill the death troopers first. A lot of people say kill the stormtrooper next, but I didn't find him nearly as dangerous as the healers. At the end it was Zeb, Chopper, Hera vs Thrawn, and it still came down to the wire as Thrawn dispatched Zeb leaving me with almost no damage.

Can you explain what you mean by zeb special clearing taint? Is this a bug that works?
  • robomelon314
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I logged my first 10 tries with how they ended up, and got it on my 11th... Key was to have thrawn wait on his fracture by having dt's aoe cause counters to stun the storm trooper. Then he cleanses, trooper taunts again, thrawn fractured chopper, taunt with kanaan, and cleanse with ezra. The double taunt is key, and keeping ezra alive. In the end it was everyone but hera vs thrawn, because of a key backup plan.

I've posted other times, but I did it with lvl 77 chars, only omegas on ezra and zeb basic attacks. G9 on hera, ezra, chopper, g8 on kanan and zeb. I don't have time to copy it, but I posted by swgohgg previously if you want to see my mods, haven't updated it since I did it, so my 2 new mods won't have synced.

It is possible. And I got a fair but of help from RNGesus, but it was awesome, and thrawn is going to help my empire squad so much.
    Post edited by robomelon314 on
  • Agree with the above, I finally got him after my 20th try, RNG and dictating the battlefield with their uniques and support. Tough, tough battle but a great feeling once you get him.
  • whaywar1 wrote: »
    Keep trying? At your strength you really need things to line up a bit. Get the taunt off of the storm trooper, dispel the buffs on the death troopers ASAP (Zeb's special will clear it even though it's not a cleanse, which is a great help). Try to keep Kanan's offense down on Thrawn, and kill the death troopers first. A lot of people say kill the stormtrooper next, but I didn't find him nearly as dangerous as the healers. At the end it was Zeb, Chopper, Hera vs Thrawn, and it still came down to the wire as Thrawn dispatched Zeb leaving me with almost no damage.

Can you explain what you mean by zeb special clearing taint? Is this a bug that works?

It doesn't clear taunt - it will clear that green target lock buff the DTs start with. If you don't get rid of that you will die. Quickly.
  • whaywar1 wrote: »
    Keep trying? At your strength you really need things to line up a bit. Get the taunt off of the storm trooper, dispel the buffs on the death troopers ASAP (Zeb's special will clear it even though it's not a cleanse, which is a great help). Try to keep Kanan's offense down on Thrawn, and kill the death troopers first. A lot of people say kill the stormtrooper next, but I didn't find him nearly as dangerous as the healers. At the end it was Zeb, Chopper, Hera vs Thrawn, and it still came down to the wire as Thrawn dispatched Zeb leaving me with almost no damage.

It doesn't clear taunt - it will clear that green target lock buff the DTs start with. If you don't get rid of that you will die. Quickly.
    Exactly, getting lucky and removing both targets in round 1 was the key to unlocking for me.