End of Week Raid Reward Update - 4/13/18 [MEGA]

Prev1345678
Sunnie1978
2937 posts Moderator
CG_Carrie wrote:

Hi everyone,

After yesterday’s follow up post, intended to be clearer and more succinct (also based on feedback from foreign language users to be more direct), my intention was to show side by side comparisons of the Raid Rewards before/after in a post today.

However, based on the response, instead of spending the time to craft further explanation, we are going to commit to sooner action instead. The rollback as outlined in the Update to Raid Reward Changes - 4/11/18 is being pulled in to mid-next week instead of up to two weeks as initially outlined. The makegood will follow.

We are also reevaluating the rewards for the very top end #1-3 placing players in the HSTR in particular to ensure it is more commensurate with their level of effort. More info on that to come, however it will occur sometime after next week’s update.

Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you on the holotables,
-Carrie
<<DEV Post>>

Replies

• what made you think we wouldnt require further explanantion?
  • YanM123
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for finally taking action on this really disturbing topic. This is clearly something that should have been implemented this week at the latest.

With that said, rewards will still be significantly worse than before due to the full gear piece not being restricted to G12, and G12 salvage being much more uncommon now... This is still not an improvement on the rewards. Also... please show some love to Sith raid below heroic... they invest so much more time and effort per raid and get barely anything to compensate for it.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    I am loving the greater communication. Thank you.
  • And nothing about trash rewards up and down the line, just Heroic. Why don't you "reevaluate" top 3 of every tier to "recognize" their effort. But hey, thanks for not making people wait 2 weeks.
  • Ikey
    48 posts Member
    I'm sure it's been said before, but when we wanted the raid rewards changed, we solely meant the removal of challenge gear. All you had to do was replace it with less sought after gear. Then once the new pieces arrive in-game, just make it's availability much more difficult to obtain. You'd halt the older players progression whilst the others caught up. Instead you've just demotivated the entire player base. The nerfs have to stop, or you'll find yourself losing veterans of the game more frequently. I rarely complain, but this was a step too far. I'd much rather receive challenge gear than the new updated rewards.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I appreciate the increased communication and the decision to take action sooner.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • They need to bump the top 20. I'm putting in a heck of an effort to get top 10, after top 20 is sorta drops off. But dang.
  • @CG_Carrie as an English player and apparently we are the guardians of Politically Correctness, I feel i should advise you of this..... instead of....After yesterday’s follow up post, intended to be clearer and more succinct (also based on feedback from foreign language users to be more direct), my intention was to show side by side comparisons of the Raid Rewards before/after in a post today.

you should have said....After yesterday’s follow up post, intended to be clearer and more succinct (also based on feedback from Non English speaking users to be more direct), my intention was to show side by side comparisons of the Raid Rewards before/after in a post today.

so...Ive FTFY, not trying to be arsey here but what you said doesn't sound good :)
  • my intention was to show side by side comparisons of the Raid Rewards before/after in a post today
    Hmm, perhaps you looked at them and realized what we've been yelling at you for the past day...the new rewards are AWFUL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    my intention was to show side by side comparisons of the Raid Rewards before/after in a post today
    Hmm, perhaps you looked at them and realized what we've been yelling at you for the past day...the new rewards are AWFUL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh yeah, the improved communication is (still) greatly appreciated!!!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Committing to earlier action is a positive step. Thank you @CG_Carrie
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Not good enough. Just roll back the rewards, that should only take a day. We aren’t letting you have this one. The greed is breaking the game we love and this is when we stand up. Mid-week just gives us 5 raids of 100% fully crafted (but probably still g9-11 tier) gear instead of 2-3 we would have gotten in two weeks. You already stated yr changing it in May back to the full nerf with new gear in the horrid drop rate pool (we’re seeing 1-2 fully crafted g9-11 gear per raid for the entire guild of 50 now.. closer to 4%. Someone forget a 0 maybe?) so that means this change is extremely temporary and that’s not what we want and we aren’t going to forget it. End game content deserves end game rewards. Even with a 100% fully crafted chance it’s still an incredibly huge nerf. The only answer is to roll back the changes in heroic completely. Anything else is still yet another slap in the face. @CG_Carrie
    Post edited by Banth on
  • Bloody awesome! While I’m never likely to place 1-3 I do think they deserve better reward. Some of those people manage way more damage then I do. I honestly was fine with the old scaling reward but that’s a different issue (this one hates participation trophies). Glad to see we as a community finally managed to get a fire under your chair big enough to make something we like happen.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Solomoneli wrote: »
    They need to bump the top 20. I'm putting in a heck of an effort to get top 10, after top 20 is sorta drops off. But dang.

100% agree with this despite only making um mid/low 30s myself. Those doing considerably better then me should be rewarded better... just saying.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • I find it sad that this seems to be focused on heoric Sith raid only. Like all the other tiers didn't take a hit as well. Guess us non-heoric guilds will just have to suck it up. Pretty much what I expected but sad nonetheless.
  • Ikey
    48 posts Member
    xanderxman wrote: »
    I find it sad that this seems to be focused on heoric Sith raid only. Like all the other tiers didn't take a hit as well. Guess us non-heoric guilds will just have to suck it up. Pretty much what I expected but sad nonetheless.

Dude, Heroic was the only tier changed. The lower tiers were going to be changed. It just didn't get that far, due to our outrage.
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Here’s a side by side comparison. Third place Sith Raid rewards compared to the third place Rancor rewards. These were both earned today. One required a single button press on auto. The other required multiple attempts, hours of gameplay, substantial portion of my roster and monitoring the raids progress over an 18 hour period when I could maximize damage. Barring the Extra Traya shards which reward would you rather have?
    https://imgur.com/gallery/Kgf1t
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Bloody awesome! While I’m never likely to place 1-3 I do think they deserve better reward. Some of those people manage way more damage then I do. I honestly was fine with the old scaling reward but that’s a different issue (this one hates participation trophies). Glad to see we as a community finally managed to get a fire under your chair big enough to make something we like happen.

This is nothing. The raids are still horribly nerfed. It’s a classic tactic they are using to get away with taking our rewards and replacing them with gear we need real money for. They started with incredible rewards, nerfed it to oblivion, then pulled it back a hair just so people would say things like “Oh at least it’s not as bad as it was!” or “They are so awesome for putting back the rewards!” When in reality the nerf is still there and it’s still at least a 300% lower reward. Don’t let them play that game. Demand end game rewards for end game content. People spend tons of time and resources (including real money) to get to where they can do well in HSR. And they deserve to be rewarded, not tricked with a bait and switch and lied to. Roll it back.
  • Thank you for rolling back sooner! Appreciate the communication efforts.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Just recapping the last few months that led to this point.

Hints of upcoming content in February 2018 that would rival February 2017.

Unveiling of the Sith Raid and EP/Vader Reworks

GC visit to EA to showcase a slideshow and videos.

Sith Raid not launched until March

Sith Raid launched with harder than expected difficulty (especially for lower tiers).

STH exploit in STR found leading to rapid decision to fix, along with announcement that expose will have reduced damage in Raids.

CLS returns with 8 hours notice

Community is admonished by CG employee leading to a emergency response from Lead Producer apologizing for communication issues.

A week long 'good will' tour on GC videos promising many positive changes, including an improvement and increase in Raid Rewards. New reward news heralded as part of the changes where you listened to the community. New ship changes, better communication, live Q&A's, better rewards, and Bossk all met with general approval. Community starts to feel better about this partnership.

A series of free 'apology' gifts during this good will week also helped.

Rewards launched and no evidence to suggest improvement. All data shows net decrease in quantity and quality.

Community demands explanation.

Response is 'we had to reduce rewards because of health of game'.

Various Discord servers dedicated to SWGoH see increases in new channels now dedicated to a mobile game based on another Disney IP.

Community demands explanation as they feel lied to.

Community endures a few days of what it must feel like to have been Bill Murray in Groundhogs Day with requests being met with Updates and Updated Updates that say almost the same thing.

Partial resolution achieved on 2/13/2018. Bad taste still felt.

I think I covered all of it. I really really hope that you CG guys beta test the next raid for an entire quarter next time. The days of being excited about facing the Sith Triumvirate feel like eons ago. Also, please hire an econonomist and another statistician .... we have a few on this site that might bite on that offer. You really need the help. And I still feel 90% of this could have been avoided. Oh well, c'est la vie.

• Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Jeric wrote: »

Sith Raid launched with harder than expected difficulty (especially for lower tiers).

STH exploit in STR found leading to rapid decision to fix, along with announcement that expose will have reduced damage in Raids.

Community is admonished by CG employee leading to a emergency response from Lead Producer apologizing for communication issues.

A week long 'good will' tour on GC videos promising many positive changes, including an improvement and increase in Raid Rewards. New reward news heralded as part of the changes where you listened to the community. New ship changes, better communication, live Q&A's, better rewards, and Bossk all met with general approval. Community starts to feel better about this partnership.

Rewards launched and no evidence to suggest improvement. All data shows net decrease in quantity and quality.

Various Discord servers deficated to SWGoH see increases in new channels now dedicated to a mobile game based on another Disney IP.

Community endures a few days of what it must feel like to have been Bill Murray in Groundhogs Day with requests being met with Updates and Updated Updates that say almost the same thing.

I think I covered all of it. I really really hope that you CG guys beta test the next raid for an entire quarter next time. Also hire an econonomist and another statistician .... we have a few on this site that might bite on that offer. You really need the help. And I still feel 90% of this could have been avoided. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Too much drama for a game. Hopefully going forward we don’t see anymore of this. We play and some pay obscene amounts of money for a great gaming experience not this back and forth emotional roller coaster.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Thanks for the update Carrie.

If anything has to be done, please be careful not to add too much to the top 3 boxes. The main positive of flattening the rewards was reducing guild segmentation to let guilds grow together.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Here’s a side by side comparison. Third place Sith Raid rewards compared to the third place Rancor rewards. These were both earned today. One required a single button press on auto. The other required multiple attempts, hours of gameplay, substantial portion of my roster and monitoring the raids progress over an 18 hour period when I could maximize damage. Barring the Extra Traya shards which reward would you rather have?
    https://imgur.com/gallery/Kgf1t

That's so sad lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Various Discord servers deficated to SWGoH see increases in new channels now dedicated to a mobile game based on another Disney IP.

I think I covered all of it. I really really hope that you CG guys beta test the next raid for an entire quarter next time. The days of being excited about facing the Sith Triumvirate feel like eons ago. Also, please hire an econonomist and another statistician .... we have a few on this site that might bite on that offer. You really need the help. And I still feel 90% of this could have been avoided. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Fyi you made a hillarious typo (I think). "Deficated should say dedicated lol
  • Not good enough.
  • Once most people get Traya 7* nobody will do the raid anymore.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Fyi you made a hillarious typo (I think). "Deficated should say dedicated lol

LMAO may have been a Freudian slip. :blush:

Fixed.
  • "We're confused as to why some of you who spent thousands of dollars based upon one set of rewards are suddenly irate that we switched it to rewards of approximately 1/10 of the value of what you were paying for."

If it weren't a legally culpable bait and switch, it would almost be amusing for the dumpster fire that it's become.

Honestly, a big part of your "improved communication" needs to be the ability to admit that what you called a significant improvement across the board ended up being the nerf to end all nerfs.

What we needed to hear was not, "If you only really understood our intent, you'd be more approving what we did" but rather...

"We made a mistake. We sold you one thing, and then gave you another. And then we told you we'd do one thing, but did its opposite. We're very sorry. Here's everything you paid for and didn't receive, and if we replace it, we'll make sure to do so with more and not less, and better and not worse."
  • When we getting news on bossk?
  • Hell with G12, I'd like it to get a little easier to get to G9 and 10.
This discussion has been closed.