What to do after Phoenix

Ajes
24 posts Member
Hi all,

Phoenix Squadron have been very good to me up until now. I still place consistently in top 50 and some days top 20. I now have them all to 7*. I am currently focussing on fleet, to see if I can get into the top 20 there.

I will be level 69 within a couple of days, and will be able to farm Wedge. I am not sure which team to transition into after Phoenix. I have Thrawn but only at 5*. I dont see myself getting him at 6*, as the last fight is very one sided. I barely get to kill off one trooper.

So I am wondering if an Empire team with Thrawn at just 5* will be competitive in arena. It will be a good long while before I can get him at 7*. I am not sure whether I will be able to 7* EP when he comes along either.

Perhaps it would be better to go for some version of a Wiggs rebel team? I hear those are very competitive in arena after Phoenix drops off. However, they do not complement my effort in fleet arena as much as the Empire team does.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ajes/

Replies

• Why you can't get thrawn at 6 stars? You have just kannan at 6 stars , others are perfectly geared , leveled up.

You can't last tier win just in 1 try.
    There is thing called RNG which means random number generator.
    You need luck to find good RNG , and win it.
  • You can't last tier win just in 1 try.
    There is thing called RNG which means random number generator.
    You need luck to find good RNG , and win it.
    Exactly, what is the thing we should expect to happen in order to have a chance to win?
    Because i see the RNG on credit heist when you face 3 to 5 enemies (there’s a chance to find an easier combat), but I can’t see where could we improve our chances against Trawn.

Are you talking about where he lands the fracture?
    The success on stunning with zeb?
    The number of counters our team does?
    I mean, I can’t see a “game changer” in all of this RNG based things.

I have a similar team as the OP and I don’t understand how is RNG going to help us.
  • Ajes
    24 posts Member
    The problem is that both Thrawn and some of the troopers can one or two shot my toons. Will RNG sometimes make them significantly weaker? Otherwise I dont see how I can possibly beat him
  • Palpatine/Vader are both Empire and Sith, play nicely with Thrawn, and Vader has a great ship. Tie Fighter Pilot isn't long term arena viable, but his ship is great in Arena. Once you can start farming Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper, they have arguably the best ship, and you'll need both Empire and Imperial Troopers squads for Dark Side Territory Battles, so Those factions should be farms anyway. (DT is also a must-have to get into a guild doing Heroic Sith Raid)

So priorities:
    Palpatine (you have pheonix (rebels), so you just need his event to drop)
    Vader (start buying shards when you see them if you aren't)
    DT
    ShT
    Veers (needed to command DSTB special mission)
    Stark (also needed for DSTB special mission)
    Snowtrooper (also needed for DSTB special mission)

IMHO
  • Ajes
    24 posts Member
    Thanks for the feedback. So you would recommended going for the Empire team for arena then? I would very much like to do this since it works well with the fleet arena. I just hope that Thrawn at 5* is ok for arena. The rebels team has the advantage of all the members being farmable, while the Empire team depends on two legendary events.
  • Imperial_CdrShepard7
    55 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi Ajes! Empire, without a doubt. I would go for Darth Vader, Tie Fighter Pilot and Tarkin, they will also help with ships. I assume you didnt get Chimera this time around, but you can build Tarkin easily at your level and he will be your fleet commander.

My Galactic War Imperial team eventually became my arena team. Its ranks were bolstered by Emperor Palpatine and Boba Fett. I use most of these toons (minus Palpy) everywhere in the game. You have to have a farming plan, and I would also need to know how many c rystals you're getting per day, and where do they come from. I was successful in building a mostly Empire team that gets an OK rank in squad arena and a top 2 finish in fleet arena. Don't ignore the Tie Fighter Pilot, you will soon realize how good he is!!!

Edit:
    While I was building my fleet, I 7starred Biggs Darklghter and I farmed First Order Tie pilot. Both will be essential for fleets, and they are excellent characters as part of different early game squads.

Post edited by Imperial_CdrShepard7 on
    ImperialCommanderShepard in SWGoH (Ally Code 297-277-437)

lOGRLCl CommanderShepard in HoDA

Find our Guild here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126148/praise-the-sun-for-some-jolly-co-op#latest

• Throw a bunch of speed on Thrawn and he's very Arena-viable at your level. Go with Empire, but make sure you get Biggs for fleet if you haven't already. You'll want Wedge eventually for the next Chimaera event, but develop TFP first.
  • Empire for sure. Phoenix will start to tumble down the rankings quickly after L75ish.
  • Empire are a great team to go for after Phoenix; with Thrawn you can also consider mixing in Imperial Troopers as well, especially considering some of them are a very slow farm, so starting now will pay off in the long run, especially that Shoretrooper node with Tie Reaper