What is an Arena shard?

SeanutB
482 posts Member
I see people saying thing like, "I'm in a Feb 2016 arena shard" or "I'm a December shard", what does this mean? Are you trapped in a shard?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Your arena group is a set of 20k people who unlocked arena around that same time (from when the last one closed until the one you enter hits 20k)

Yes, there is no way to change that group, they are locked.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm ok thanks Mr Kyno
  • Options
    Sometimes if a lot of accounts in adjacent shards go inactive, they will merge shards to keep it active, but that's not in your control.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Sometimes if a lot of accounts in adjacent shards go inactive, they will merge shards to keep it active, but that's not in your control.

This is absolutely not true. They have stated in multiple times they do not and cannot do this.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This is absolutely not true. They have stated in multiple times they do not and cannot do this.

It would be overwhelmingly obvious if they did.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Dev have stated this is not true and that they would give advance notice if they ever decided to implement it. I doubt they'd ever do it as it'll open the floodgates to requests for transferring out of your own Leaderboard