P4 DN Protection steal when there is no protection left

So, duh, I know he steals it with defense down. And I get the mechanics when you HAVE protection but is there any reason to not attack DN when Protection is expended?

Reason I ask is I’m hitting 10% on a good run but DANG those take forever and with a Guildy hitting 20% with almost the same squad.

My usual thing is kill the adds for AVzz, cycle between Talia, Daka and AV for heals, chain NA ( the archer one always mess up which is which) use NI for damage/remove isolation and a shield. I’m backing off bonds at about 15-20 and generally hit Rampage.

Thoughts?

Replies

• You are right --- once your protection is gone, attack away. He will not gain any more. Also, try swapping Chirrut in for Initiate. Once you lost protection, he'll keep you running as long as you can keep Bonds of Weakness below the range you mention (trick only really works in P3/P4, but best in the beginning of P4). You'll be able to get in way more attacks.
  • B0BAFETT wrote: »
    You are right --- once your protection is gone, attack away. He will not gain any more. Also, try swapping Chirrut in for Initiate. Once you lost protection, he'll keep you running as long as you can keep Bonds of Weakness below the range you mention (trick only really works in P3/P4, but best in the beginning of P4). You'll be able to get in way more attacks.

I already burn Churro in my Chex Mix

• That's a pretty quick dismissal.

1) Consider Chirrut's special "Resolute Endurance". The pertinent part reads: "...At the start of each turn, if Chirrut Îmwe is alive, all allies with Heal Over Time recover 4% of their Max Health."

2) Now also consider the Sith Raid Bonus "Protector". The pertinent part reads "...whenever another allied unit is healed to 100%, healers gain a Heal Over Time buff for 2 turns." Though the description says that the healer gets the HoT, instead the game actually gives HoTs to the toons that got healed.

3) And consider Traya's "Lord of Betrayal". "...Whenever an enemy uses an ability, Traya gains one stack of Bonds of Weakness, then deals Special damage to all enemies based on the stack count (this damage can't defeat enemies)."

4) Finally, consider Asajj's leader zeta "Nightsister Swiftness". "Nightsister allies...gain 50% Turn Meter when they fall below 100% Health..."

Starting P4, attack however you want until all NS protection is gone. Now when you heal using Daka or Talia (basic) all other NS will gain a HoT because of 2). After any NS attacks, all NS will drop below 100% health because of 3), and they will all gain 50% TM because of 4). All NS with a HoT will then gain 4% health because of 1). If BoW does less than 4% damage, ALL NS now have 100% health!!!!!

BoW hurts them, giving 50% TM, and Chirrut heals them back to full. When some NS looses her HoT, just have Daka heal, or have Talia use her basic.

Put health mods on your NS, keep BoW under 20, and go until Darth Sion enrages (Daka's double hit gives him TM, so he will _eventually_ get some turns).

tldr; Chirrut gives NS under zAV a ton of turns.

Will you at least try it out?

• B0BAFETT wrote: »
    That's a pretty quick dismissal.

1) Consider Chirrut's special "Resolute Endurance". The pertinent part reads: "...At the start of each turn, if Chirrut Îmwe is alive, all allies with Heal Over Time recover 4% of their Max Health."

2) Now also consider the Sith Raid Bonus "Protector". The pertinent part reads "...whenever another allied unit is healed to 100%, healers gain a Heal Over Time buff for 2 turns." Though the description says that the healer gets the HoT, instead the game actually gives HoTs to the toons that got healed.

3) And consider Traya's "Lord of Betrayal". "...Whenever an enemy uses an ability, Traya gains one stack of Bonds of Weakness, then deals Special damage to all enemies based on the stack count (this damage can't defeat enemies)."

4) Finally, consider Asajj's leader zeta "Nightsister Swiftness". "Nightsister allies...gain 50% Turn Meter when they fall below 100% Health..."

Starting P4, attack however you want until all NS protection is gone. Now when you heal using Daka or Talia (basic) all other NS will gain a HoT because of 2). After any NS attacks, all NS will drop below 100% health because of 3), and they will all gain 50% TM because of 4). All NS with a HoT will then gain 4% health because of 1). If BoW does less than 4% damage, ALL NS now have 100% health!!!!!

BoW hurts them, giving 50% TM, and Chirrut heals them back to full. When some NS looses her HoT, just have Daka heal, or have Talia use her basic.

Put health mods on your NS, keep BoW under 20, and go until Darth Sion enrages (Daka's double hit gives him TM, so he will _eventually_ get some turns).

tldr; Chirrut gives NS under zAV a ton of turns.

Will you at least try it out?

I was considering working on my Nightsister team, and this strategy sounds fairly interesting, so if nothing else, I'll try it out.
  • I get ya but again, Churro makes P3 work with Chex mix for 4% plus. Rex throws the timing off completely and lowers Hans total offensive output. Same reason I shied away from running Pathfinder in P2, it used CLS.

• Not at the expense of the primary team for P3, no. Even less so that it’s P3, a phase with far less effective flexibility then P4. For the same reason I don’t run Pathfinder in P2, it bites into the least flexible phase in the raid and lowers overall effectiveness.
  • Ok...but I think you're missing out.
    zz7RiBH.png
    Did that today. Tier 4.
  • Why are you bringing up Tier 4? The mechanics aren’t even the same.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    B0BAFETT wrote: »
    Ok...but I think you're missing out.
    zz7RiBH.png
    Did that today. Tier 4.

I find it's better to use NS Acolyte over Chirrut. Once protection gives out (just let BoW wear it down), she can go many, many times in a row because she gains 20% health every time she crits. That frees up Chirrut for P3. Good theorycraft though :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Why are you bringing up Tier 4? The mechanics aren’t even the same.

Well, if you look you'll see I only have Chirrut to 4 stars. Though, the team I proposed will work great at any tier.

kalidor wrote: »
    I find it's better to use NS Acolyte over Chirrut. Once protection gives out (just let BoW wear it down), she can go many, many times in a row because she gains 20% health every time she crits. That frees up Chirrut for P3. Good theorycraft though :)

There is no reason you couldn't sub Acolyte in for zombie (leaving Chirrut). I just don't have Acolyte farmed. Chirrut's magic, a lot of careful play, and RNG luck, gives the NS unlimited turns. Not just Acolyte, but AV, Daka, and Talia as well. With a powerful enough squad, you could solo the Nihilus part of phase 4. The only thing that stops you is that DS will enrage because he gains TM every time you hit him, and so Daka's double hit will eventually cause him to enrage, even if you only ever directly hit Nihilus.

• Peer
    299 posts Member
    I will try the Chirrut thing with my G12 NS in T6. It sounds good on paper but so far DN always attacked the toons with HoT´s and therefore limited the effect of healing.
  • Peer wrote: »
    I will try the Chirrut thing with my G12 NS in T6. It sounds good on paper but so far DN always attacked the toons with HoT´s and therefore limited the effect of healing.

Great! If you do it right in P4 (which takes quite some practice), DN won't hardly get a turn (DS will enrage well before DN), and you should be able to get in hundreds of attacks. The HoTs are there to provide TM to the NS, not keep them alive. Once their protection runs out, the fun starts! Keep an eye on how many turns are left until AV and Daka can use their special heals. The key is to make sure one of those two maintains a HoT. Always use Talia's basic!!!! And better for her to hit DS because DN has higher evasion, but everyone else target DN. The real tricky part is figuring out when and how to sooth BoW so you don't lose tempo. It is possible to sooth and keep the turns going, but requires a lot of thought.