TW Mismatches are back

My guild just got saddled in a matchup with a 17M GP difference. Worse yet, we seem to play the same opponents on repeat. There are so many other guilds surrounding us in our GP range (at least much closer than this) and yet this is our 2nd time getting matchup up with with the #1 guild in the game.

Can we please put a cap on GP difference? It sucks knowing the next 48 hours are going to be a waste. This is one of the few game modes I look forward to.
ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server

Replies

• BigSillyPanda
    41 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    17M?
    I hear your pain.
    Our 52M guild just got pitted against a 126M guild...
  • ludwigsangina
    327 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Our 129 just got paired with a 128.5... umm wtk we only have a 500k advantage? Should be at least 10 mil.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    This was our first mismatch.. us 44mil them 66mil. Even if they didn't have as many sign up I'm betting they have alot more g12/zetas etc
  • Options
    GP difference of 29mil here. Every single war we have been underdog. We won a majority but gaps are getting bigger again.
  • Options
    Same here. My guild seems to get put against guilds with 20 million GP more every Territory Wars. We stand no chance. We have pretty much given up trying. We just try to get members to join for the free zeta when we lose.
  • Dose
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well just got matched with a guild with more than 70M GP. 52 vs 126... Guess what?? We can't even Kill 1 team in either territories.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    For the 6th time in a row, we are matched with higher GP guilds than ours; usually ranging from 10 to 35 million difference; and usually, opponent has maybe 1 or 2 less participants than ours. Our results end up many times in our favor, but only thanks to super extreme time consuming coordination in guild.

This time, our guild was matched with a difference of 20 million; opponent has 1 less player than us. and we kept on facing Meta wall after Meta wall, while the opponent steamrolled us on defense.
    It seems that the more we keep winning against bigger guilds, the more the GP gap widens, and we get pitted purposefully against stronger guilds.

I really can't understand why it is so difficult to have a close matchup ? System is clearly not working properly.
    If developers can't come up with a smart solution, then maybe the best solution is just match according to overall GP, whatever the participation ratio is; If guild has less participation, then well, it's their problem... At least it will be the players' fault for lack of commitment, and not the game's fault. Though far from a fair and balanced solution, but maybe better than the current very unbalanced system.
  • kevthejedi
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Same boat, every TW we've been the underdog. We still win the majority, although this time I don't think it's going to happen.

A comparison of our guilds this war:

Zetas
    Us:732 / Them: 845
    7*
    Us:4566 / Them: 5275
    G12
    Us:579 / Them: 801
    G11
    Us: 857 / Them: 966
    G10
    Us: 557 / Them: 782
    G9
    Us: 534 / Them: 609

All figures taken from swgoh.gg for both guilds within minutes of each other.
  • Options
    I would hazard a guess that not all 59 are joining which lowers the actual GP in game but as we have found a 100M guild minus one or two players is not the same as a 100M guild with 50 players. Individual GP must factor in to the formula.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah can we create a specific channel just to report mismatches? My 80M guild just got wiped out by a 100M guild. it doesnt seem fun or challenging for either side

There was a post at Answers HQ, but it slowly died off. That would be the proper location for this if anyone was trying to keep them fully aware, beyond the data they collect
  • Options
    For the 6th time in a row, we are matched with higher GP guilds than ours;
    6th only ? We’ve only once been matched to a similar-GP, in December if I remember correctly.
  • LukeDukem8
    608 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The guild we are facing has 1,000 more g12 toons than we do. Lol
  • Options
    We just paired with one 30m gp more than us :(... They cleared all territories vs us not even clearing one
  • Cappie
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Worst matchup ever. Score is currently 12k to 6K. How is that even a matchup? They will most likely clear the board and we can only take out one area? I officially hate this competition and will quit the game unless they fix it to be a more evenly matched competition or drop it completely.
  • Options
    It shouldn’t be this hard to make a decent match making system. Make brackets for all guilds to be sub divided into that are no more than 1O or 15 mil GP apart for their non locked in GP. Or even smaller should be enough alliances to do it with. Than when people lock in and don’t have full participation there is no way they be pared up vs a full participation guild that has no chance
  • Options
    Matchmaking does not work. In fact its worse than their "hotfix". A 80M GP guild should not be facing guilds 100M - 107M GP. "But it goes by how many sign up" - I love the **** on here constantly crowing this- the top half of a 107M GP guild will always crush a 45-50 member 80M GP guild. It should not take Albert Einstein to explain it to you that top halves of 107M GP guild rosters are far more advanced that the bottom half of an 80M GP guild.
  • Options
    Our guild has 78mil GP and is up against a 102mil...
    Ridiculous that such a disparity is being matrixed into the matchmaking.....
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    72m up against 114m this time, worst disparity yet. Despite this we've given them a good fight, we just don't have enough maxed toons to stay in it until the end. They also only had 38 people join up, which certainly feels like sandbagging, leaving their weakest at home. I know the devs said the matchmaking is supposed to defeat this sort of thing, but I dunno. The only other explanation I can come up with, and it's certainly possible, is because we're 19-4 they have to give us a tougher matchup. Which I'm fine with. We shouldn't expect to win every time.

We'll see what Wednesday brings.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    My guild is on an 8 TW losing streak. We have only had one matchup be within 5 million GP, EVERY SINGLE TW otherwise, between 10-20 million gap if not 30 million. It is beyond frustrating. We're trying to get at 60 million to ensure we get a Zeta for the inevitable loss we're going to get.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Actually harsh if you are below 60m you get just one omega instead of 1 zeta + 2 omegas. Its like x4 reward or loose vs guilds you are not able to beat. The TW code simply doesnt work - stars dont matter. Only g12, g11, g10 numbers matter...a g9 team will never beat a g12 team no matter 50 will attack. Thats the issue. Any g1-g8 7 star chars dont matter in TW.

G12 can be beaten only by G11 (if very good)
    G12 cant be beaten by G10 (if team is solid, the others will get two shotted)

If one team got 500 G12 and the other 5000 G10, 10000 G9 it wont matter - the second will loose most likely. Especially against teams like NS, Sith teams with Thrawn (protection regen) and JTR squads.
  • Options
    Today we lost against a 141 GP. My guild consists of active 53 GP.
  • Options
    I agree. I feel like the better fighters get paired up against stronger guilds. I plan our TWs and we win about 70% of the time despite constantly being the lower GP. We got paired against a guild with two full g12 territories and a full triple Zeta FO territory when we literally only had no players over 3m and our average was 1.4m GP
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Dose wrote: »
    Well just got matched with a guild with more than 70M GP. 52 vs 126... Guess what?? We can't even Kill 1 team in either territories.
    Today we lost against a 141 GP. My guild consists of active 53 GP.

Screenshots or those aren't real. That's absurd if true.

My guild has had a couple minor mismatches, but nothing more than 15-20 mil (we are 105mil GP), and even those we contacted them and they had less members than us signed up. Most of the time it's within 5 mil.