Best team for rancor raid

2Next

Replies

• Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Sorry to drudge up an old thread have similar question here. In a non CLS, Solo etc 7* Pit raid, would the following team still be viable: ?

Teebo, QGJ, Phasma, TFP, Elder. Alts: Leia, Lando. ? G8 ok?

I know it's not ideal, it's just all I can muster asap to 7*. TIA

Just be patient, you clearly can't solo it for now. Anyway, try teebo (with all the speed you can find), tfp (same), qgj and unlock Rex and jyn. You totally can't solo it with the chars above. You'd need God mods which clearly you don't own.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Sorry to drudge up an old thread have similar question here. In a non CLS, Solo etc 7* Pit raid, would the following team still be viable: ?

Teebo, QGJ, Phasma, TFP, Elder. Alts: Leia, Lando. ? G8 ok?

I know it's not ideal, it's just all I can muster asap to 7*. TIA

Just be patient, you clearly can't solo it for now. Anyway, try teebo (with all the speed you can find), tfp (same), qgj and unlock Rex and jyn. You totally can't solo it with the chars above. You'd need God mods which clearly you don't own.

I disagree, @Drazhar. There ARE alternatives to all those legendary and zetaed characters when soloing the Rancor.

@Jayjonbeach:

Way back I used that exact team to solo all of it:

Teebo lead, Phasma and TFP have great synergy. Phasma opens each phase with VM, which gives advantage and ensures a critical hit from the TFP and hence tenacity down. Later, VM can be saved for when Teebo needs the TM bonus to get ahead of the Rancor's TM — typically when Teebo is not stealthed.

Make sure to mod TFP for critical chance (to land tenacity down) and Phasma for potency (to land speed down). Both Phasma and TFP should be slow. TFP should NOT be fast, as @Drazhar suggested. That's a mistake. Every time Rancor is hit, it gains a bit of TM. Therefore hitting it less often is better — unless, ofc., there's a chance to remove TM from him (but Phasma and TFP can't do that). Teebo and QGJ should be modded for potency and speed. EE for speed and health.

Furthermore, in phases 2 and 3, save the topples for emergencies, when you risk that the Rancor would otherwise take a turn. Also make sure to reapply speed down and tenacity down as soon as the Rancor comes out of topple.

This way you should be able to consistently reach phase 4. From there on the Rancor gains more speed and you will need a bit of luck as well to get all the way through.

Good luck :—)

• I would suggest not worrying about soloing the rancor or trying to put together a viable team.

Not sure your current team, but focusing on the pillars is just going to make you a more competitive player in the long run. I have tons of 5/6/7 star toons that are level 1 or gear 1 so that I can focus 99% of my effort on maximizing my viable faction squads.

The more time you spend farming the "wrong toons" or spending gear on toons just for the sake of throwing together a 5-toon team at the pit, haat, TW, TB, the worse you are positioning yourself for the end game.

I would say if you're trying to solo without CLS then your real priority should be getting the 5 CLS toons ready to go for his next heros journey event.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    A good first order team under a Kru lead solos it...... I run KRU, FOO, FOX, OG KYLO, Phasma...... Tons of speed under Kru, and lots of TM removal from that setup....
  • Viable sure, but you're not gonna solo it on auto without one of the aforementioned tm reduction strategies.
  • Thanks all. Apparently a NS team under Asajj can do pretty well too and I have them 5* now and they are immensely useful in other places so I am thinking I might go that way, well kind of torn between them and the old Rancor team I posted earlier, as I have them at 5 as well but some at 6* already, and Asajj probably needs the Zeta which I am definitely a good ways away from. I also have the FO team at 5* now, less FOX who is at 3. Seems I am closest to: Teebo, EE, QGJ, Phasma, TFP. Next: Asajj, Talia, Daka, Acolyte, Teebo. I have about 64% potency on Teebo, IIRC about 74% is better for the TM removal
  • I always used zader, tfp, Tarkin, thrawn, and cls. Though the guild I'm in now has a 1 mil dmg target to allow more people to compete. For that I use cls and sion and try and retreat in time. I'm pretty sure the two could solo it though.
  • BlackHawk75k
    81 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Could I solo the hRancor with Zader lead, Tarkin, Boba, tuskan shaman, Palp (or Thrawn) all at G10+ with 200+ speed?
  • Boba doesn't add much to the team. Putting both palp and thrawn in would be better since empire toons get tm removal under zader lead. Also tfp is important to add for the tenacity down. Though if i remember right tuskan shawman has that too.
  • Jomoboston wrote: »
    I would suggest not worrying about soloing the rancor or trying to put together a viable team.

Not sure your current team, but focusing on the pillars is just going to make you a more competitive player in the long run. I have tons of 5/6/7 star toons that are level 1 or gear 1 so that I can focus 99% of my effort on maximizing my viable faction squads.

The more time you spend farming the "wrong toons" or spending gear on toons just for the sake of throwing together a 5-toon team at the pit, haat, TW, TB, the worse you are positioning yourself for the end game.

I would say if you're trying to solo without CLS then your real priority should be getting the 5 CLS toons ready to go for his next heros journey event.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Teebo and Ewok Eldar aren’t going to do anything for you, outside of this single game mode. Same for QGJ (outside of a significant Jedi rework). Phasma is okay for a FO team, but most of the other FO choices are better for a late-game team. You’ll end up spending a lot of resources on these second-rate to make them Rancor viable, and will end up swapping them out in a month or two anyway, whenever you get CLS, Thrawn, and other top-tier toons that are useful across multiple/all game modes.

• Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    I use a more weird team then any one here.

zzVentress - Zombie - Spirit

Rancor never gets a turn and even if he does, zombie just revives.
  • Jomoboston wrote: »
    I would suggest not worrying about soloing the rancor or trying to put together a viable team.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Teebo and Ewok Eldar aren’t going to do anything for you, outside of this single game mode. Same for QGJ (outside of a significant Jedi rework). Phasma is okay for a FO team, but most of the other FO choices are better for a late-game team. You’ll end up spending a lot of resources on these second-rate to make them Rancor viable, and will end up swapping them out in a month or two anyway, whenever you get CLS, Thrawn, and other top-tier toons that are useful across multiple/all game modes.

That's why i suggest zader lead with empire as a starting rancor team. Aka zader, tarkin, tfp, ep, and another empire toon until you get cls and thrawn. All the characters are good in other areas. Vader, tfp, and tarkin are all good in fleet. Ep is meta in arena right now. Vader is also in that meta. While the zeta on his lead is pretty much for the raid only, it is better to waste one zeta for a raid solo than waste farming an entire team. And if you later get wampa, the vader zeta is needed for the haat solo team.
  • Yeah, now that’s definitely a plan I could get behind, because all of those toons are useful in multiple other game modes, so none of the farming/gearing would be wasted. Even Vader’s leadership Zeta would enhance his ship, which is pretty much mandatory in every fleet.
  • Yeah, now that’s definitely a plan I could get behind, because all of those toons are useful in multiple other game modes, so none of the farming/gearing would be wasted. Even Vader’s leadership Zeta would enhance his ship, which is pretty much mandatory in every fleet.

Exactly
  • big_bad
    97 posts Member
    I use CLS with Raid Han, QGJ, Rex, and Ewok scout. It's not the fastest team to beat Rancor, but I can put my phone on auto and never have to worry about losing. Every member of the team is either going to be reducing turn meter or calling in an assist to reduce turn meter on pretty much every turn.
  • big_bad wrote: »
    I use CLS with Raid Han, QGJ, Rex, and Ewok scout. It's not the fastest team to beat Rancor, but I can put my phone on auto and never have to worry about losing. Every member of the team is either going to be reducing turn meter or calling in an assist to reduce turn meter on pretty much every turn.

Same with zader, tfp, tarkin, thrawn, and cls. Can solo on auto easily
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Seems I am closest to: Teebo, EE, QGJ, Phasma, TFP. Next: Asajj, Talia, Daka, Acolyte, Teebo. I have about 64% potency on Teebo, IIRC about 74% is better for the TM removal

With tenacity down applied on the boss you won't need that much. However, it may help you, should TFP fail to apply ir immediately after phase shifts.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Could I solo the hRancor with Zader lead, Tarkin, Boba, tuskan shaman, Palp (or Thrawn) all at G10+ with 200+ speed?

Are you confusing rancor with hAAT phase 2? Boba and shaman would be great there, but in heroic pit raids all they do is feed TM to the boss. If you have both EP and Thrawn, why not use them both?