Worst meta yet. (Advice please)

Shaunyvee
916 posts Member
edited April 2018
Palpatine Vader Thrawn Sion Nihilus.

I have never had less fun in arena.

Even the zaul dodge-gate doesn't compare to this.

Just my opinion.
Post edited by Shaunyvee on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    They're very beatable, so I have no problem there. Also there is way more diversity than when when CLS came out so that's good also. Nothing holds well defensively, but if you aren't winning on offense you're doing something wrong. Post your squad and .gg account and I'm sure you'll get some great advice here.
  • Alright, haven't 'asked for help before' so fair idea.

Maxed ewoks full ZETAs.
    Maxed first order full ZETAs.
    Maxed zFinn resistance.
    Not max JTR so no complaints there.
    Not max CLS so no complaints there.

I don't usually run Zolo with the first order team, switched him in for the last battle today so he's still there.

Perhaps my whale-filled launch shard simply has better mods compared to my FTP self.

But I'm losing to this empire rubbish with subpar mods as well.

https://swgoh.gg/u/shaunyveeggpoopoo/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JTR should be able to do the trick for you. Judging by your roster you prefer non-meta teams, while commendable, it always comes at a price.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I use Titan team but swap out R2 for Rex. Never lost on offence to these Palp teams. Gearing Rex would be a good idea for you. I sometimes run a Rex lead with Wampa, Talzin, Thrawn and GK. That is a fun team to use.
  • Thanks to the three of you. I'll pop greedo on hold and beef up Rex.
  • @Shaunyvee looking through your characters, you have a couple of them that I currently use, which I win on offense on 95% of the time against EP teams.. I run CLS lead, old ben, raid Han, talzin and thrawn and it's fun lol
  • Talzin the odd one out, only 4* atm
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You can use her at 4*.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    They're very beatable, so I have no problem there. Also there is way more diversity than when when CLS came out so that's good also. Nothing holds well defensively, but if you aren't winning on offense you're doing something wrong. Post your squad and .gg account and I'm sure you'll get some great advice here.

Everybody who had CLS ran him, mostly because he was strong, but also because most people had already geared up the key parts of the titans team (kenobi, R2, thrawn), or were on their way to doing so because they're all great standalone toons. However, you could beat CLS teams pretty easily with resistance+raid Han, ewoks, and kenobi+zarris, after he first came out. Later on, you could handle CLS team with KRU first order and several different variations of nightsisters (standard talzin team, assaj/R2/weak zombie, acolyte+zombie).

These days, if you want to win it's pretty much palp, Rey, or Rex. It may seem to you like it's more diverse for some reason, but there's significantly less options on teams to run
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Everybody who had CLS ran him, mostly because he was strong, but also because most people had already geared up the key parts of the titans team (kenobi, R2, thrawn), or were on their way to doing so because they're all great standalone toons. However, you could beat CLS teams pretty easily with resistance+raid Han, ewoks, and kenobi+zarris, after he first came out. Later on, you could handle CLS team with KRU first order and several different variations of nightsisters (standard talzin team, assaj/R2/weak zombie, acolyte+zombie).

These days, if you want to win it's pretty much palp, Rey, or Rex. It may seem to you like it's more diverse for some reason, but there's significantly less options on teams to run

More diverse arena with less viable options > more viable options but everyone running CLS anyway
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    The EP meta has made CLS Rebels more viable again so no you don't have to have Rex.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    The real issue with the Palpatine meta is that Palpatine is so heavily RNG based. If he stuns 4/5 you are screwed and it's very hard to come back. If he stuns 1/2 you should win easily.
  • I’m surprised that FO is not doing it for you. I run a maxed FO squad and I target Empire because they seem to handle them so well.

I do find that if Palp survives the initial onslaught then it can be very hard to overcome.
  • leef wrote: »

More diverse arena with less viable options > more viable options but everyone running CLS anyway

That's, like, your opinion, man. Personally, I'd rather have different options on teams to run. It makes the game more fun for me
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    My team of choice is a Thrawn troopers team, and I do alright against this particular meta. Fracture Sion. Dogpile Palpatine. Initiate the trooper roll.

The main scenario that screws me is if their Thrawn goes first and fractures my Thrawn.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Dogpile Palpatine.

Lol, now whenever I use Veers' AOE I will imagine the whole team jumping on the target.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

That's, like, your opinion, man. Personally, I'd rather have different options on teams to run. It makes the game more fun for me

even if you're facing the same team way more often?
    the big lebowski is awesome btw haha
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Obviously he's not a golfer.
  • The worst meta is Rex, so cheap and unfair
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited April 2018

the big lebowski is awesome btw haha

One of my favorite quotes of any movie. So perfect to use in any argument lol

But anyways, I'd rather face the same team everyday as long as I have a lot of unique options to beat it
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    The worst meta is Rex, so cheap and unfair

Lol.

Oh wait you're serious.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member

Not as cheap as paper zombie.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

Zing!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

My aforementioned Thrawn trooper team LOVES paper zombie. :)
    Still not a he.
  • I just came for the cheese...