Darth Traya concerns

When i first read Traya abilities, i was shocked shes so OP. but i was wrong. shes much more OP than i thought. watching the videos i realized that not only shes amazing support, shes dealing way too much damage, and is way too tanky.
we all hoped long time for the Sith rework. im so happy about it. and in less than 2 months i'll have traya myself. but this thing is totally broken. it is broken.
her isolation make her top-tier support immediately. the daze and debuff inflict on basic, and the fact that shes part of a trio that benefit from each other so much make her #1 support in the #1 meta squad, which makes her #1 meta support already.
lets add to this that fact that she's very very tanky (70K HP+Protection BEFORE mods at top level), with bonus protection at the top of it and that her saber storm especially is huge amount of damage, make her easily #1 toon. you'll start feel it soon.
so.. #1 toon. thats fine. we must have a toon that is #1. but her ridiculous powers dont stop there. the true overkill are her zetas.
While the leader ability might not be the best choice even (maybe zPalp better, time will tell), it offers HUGE counter vs JTR teams that rely on Crits, buffs (huge cut on offense) and outside turns like bb8 counter or calling to assist of him/JTR. another thing this thing will counter is basically any team that rely on buffs and crits, like Rebels. zHan damage will be very small with this crit avoidance and -50% offense, and his counter will be punished hard. but thats just the leader, which is, as said, maybe not be the best option.
the most op thing in her kit is the unique zeta. before even taking it into consideration, she's #1 toon. so with it, she leave dust to everyone else. the zeta is simple - she remove all debuffs in the START of sith turn. what it means ? that you put offDown ? doesnt matter now, the sith will have regular offense. you put ability block ? Congrats, its useless. deathmark ? dispelled. shock? haha, i can heal now. STUN ?! no more. let that sink in. you cant use any debuffs vs Sith with traya zUnique. you put stun/ability block to control the enemy- but you cant really control it. that fact its a unique and cant be stopped, unlike Rex being fructured and unable to do tenUp, for example, make it super-OP because its unstoppable and inevitable. you just cant stun sith. you cant ability block. you have no control against it.
just look at the current meta. Palp will be much weaker when he cant stun/shock. Sion will never taunt becaue no one have "pain" on him. people's huge amount of work and grind will be nullified with a single toon. even if she have some kind of counters (Rex+Talzin+Wampa comes to mind because plague stop, or at least should stop, the dispelling debuffs, i didnt see a fight yet) this thing isnt enough and traya will break the arena hard.
this unique of debuff-dispel thing in her kit is way too strong IMO, and need to rethink how they deal with it. before everyone start to unlock her and spend zetas on this OP thing and then seeing it nerfed.

Replies

• Options
    They didn't nerf chaze or kenobi so I didn't think there's any way they nerf her. The only way forward is to keep pushing the boundaries of power creep, which does concern me
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to Feedback >> Character.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm holding off judgement untill i've actually battled vs traya, but i'm excited. It's gonna be a while before i can unlock her myself, but i'm expecting to be battling her in arena soon. I'm kinda hoping she will be seemingly unbeatable.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    She better be amazing, I've hoarded all the gear needed to bring her up to G11 the moment I unlock her.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    i'm holding off judgement untill i've actually battled vs traya, but i'm excited. It's gonna be a while before i can unlock her myself, but i'm expecting to be battling her in arena soon. I'm kinda hoping she will be seemingly unbeatable.

This. At least on the reserving judgment part.

Not saying she won't be good, but I think people are jumping the gun a little.

OP, not to dismiss your concerns but you do realize that the first person to unlock her has gold on all the toons, probably better mods on the bottom of his roster than me and you combined at out top. That does count for something.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

OP, not to dismiss your concerns but you do realize that the first person to unlock her has gold on all the toons, probably better mods on the bottom of his roster than me and you combined at out top. That does count for something.

CG's concept of countering one power creep with another bigger power creep then the latter with an even bigger power creep is wrong! Where does this power loop end? The balance in this game is long gone! The Nightmare team (EP, Vader, Nihilus, Sion, Thrawn) already dominates the meta and imagine what will happen when Traya joins the fight...

We have seen worse.

MtUyDnu.jpg

This is one of the more balanced times we have seen, what people choose to run is not totally dependent on what they need to run. Many teams are beating each other.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    CLS had to be much higher than 39% at one time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    CLS had to be much higher than 39% at one time.

So did rex
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    I hadn't started playing then. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

CG's concept of countering one power creep with another bigger power creep then the latter with an even bigger power creep is wrong! Where does this power loop end? The balance in this game is long gone! The Nightmare team (EP, Vader, Nihilus, Sion, Thrawn) already dominates the meta and imagine what will happen when Traya joins the fight...

We have seen worse.

MtUyDnu.jpg

This is one of the more balanced times we have seen, what people choose to run is not totally dependent on what they need to run. Many teams are beating each other.

These numbers are gone pump to at least 69% for EP when Traya starts to appear in Arena, trust me!

I understand that is the thought, but will that have to do with treya or the accessibility of sion ? Or people just catching up in gearing DS toons? Or will it do with playing the flavor of the month? Some people just want to be running the DS comp due to the LS dominance for a long time. It's not all tied to the "overwhelming power" of a single toon all the time.
  • ewqewqc
    183 posts Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter who plays her. Her kit, when unique zeta, cancels too many toons. Make them nobodies. And even without it she's amazing.
    This post is to raise the concerns. We gonna hear tons of "nerf traya" when people start to realize that her unique is rex on beast mode that can't be stopped, and also super tanky and deal amazing damage .
    This can't be WAI, and if so, the testing team didn't do their jobs. She's way too op, regardless top mods or not.
  • Sprat
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Thought I’d bring this topic back up and see what everyone’s thoughts are now? Traya leads are now dominating the top 10 in my shard, but not always. Definitely beatable at the moment but they aren’t maxed yet. 6* is the higherst so far. I’ve beaten a couple with my non-meta team (palp, vader, DN, DT, Tarkin) but it’s tough. The main problem is that my toons hit them extremely weak. I’ve put up Marauder just to see what his hits are like (he hits hard as F) and does little damage. Only with DN knocking out Sion and DT getting a deathmark on one of them can I come close to winning. And usually that doesn’t happen. Ok, my team isn’t the best I know, but man Traya is tough.
  • Options
    There are other comps to beat Traya, Explore a little. It’s fun.
  • Sprat
    24 posts Member
    Options
    There are other comps to beat Traya, Explore a little. It’s fun.

I’m a F2P...my explorations are like major adventures spanning the depths of time. :smile: I’m just lucky that the current gameplay has centered around my chosen path.
  • Options
    Lol, then you got lots of time to try things!

I have time on my side , been playing awhile.

Got a .gg?
  • Sprat
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, then you got lots of time to try things!

I have time on my side , been playing awhile.

Got a .gg?

Yeah

https://swgoh.gg/u/sprat/

I’m thinking maybe putting resources into GK. But would prefer sticking with a dark side character. Also wondering if kylo unmasked or even Starck would be worth it. But a while to go on either of them.

And I’m not interested in Sion or the blue guy. I’m sure they would make the biggest difference, especially with Sion easily farmable now. Just something about him I don’t like. :neutral: