What am I doing wrong?

Hi.
I have been trying to beat the event for a long time, yet no luck. I only even managed to take out the deathtroopers a few times. However I have ezra, hera and chopper at gear 10, rest g8, so that should be enough. What could I be doing wrong? I even have 190+ speed on ezra, hera and chopper, 180 on zeb. https://swgoh.gg/u/tr1gergo/collection/?f=phoenix

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I can't tell you what you are doing wrong, until you tell me, what you are doing. Judging by your profile (which clearly isn't up—to—date since it still shows g9 instead of g10) you can still gain a bit by upgrading some abilities. I assume, that you move your best mods to your Phoenix squad already, since the speeds, you mentioned, don't comply with your profile.
  • yeah it seems swgoh doest refreshed it for some hours. Anyway I put potency on zeb, prot on kanan, and speed on everyone as much as i can. I try to take out the deathtroopers first, but stormt. is taunting every turn, and if i go after him first, they just heal him up all the time. I see videos where g8 squads handle it easily so I dont understand why it is so hard for me.
  • Try auto battling it that's how I beat it. I tried the strategies everyone suggests nothing worked auto got it after a few tries. It's all rng. If zeb gets targeted right away if not you have a chance. It made me upset also. I would see players with 7* thrawn check there Phoenix and be like how did they get it when mine get smoked. I would watch a basketball game tonight and just keep autoing during.
  • tr1gergo wrote: »
    yeah it seems swgoh doest refreshed it for some hours. Anyway I put potency on zeb, prot on kanan, and speed on everyone as much as i can. I try to take out the deathtroopers first, but stormt. is taunting every turn, and if i go after him first, they just heal him up all the time. I see videos where g8 squads handle it easily so I dont understand why it is so hard for me.

Stormy starts with taunt, and will use it on his first turn. If you dispel it after he taunts, you've got a handful of turns before he can use it again. You need to get rid of the buffs on the deathtroopers as quickly as possible, and try to keep stun and offense down on Thrawn. Yeah, that means sending Kanan and Zeb at Thrawn instead of the current target, but if he's free to go he's going to start shredding your team. I actually killed DT-DT-Healer-Healer-Stormy-Thrawn. Finished with Hera standing. Made it to Thrawn with Zeb/Hera/Chopper. At some point you do need the dice to roll your way.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    tr1gergo wrote: »
    Hi.
    I have been trying to beat the event for a long time, yet no luck. I only even managed to take out the deathtroopers a few times. However I have ezra, hera and chopper at gear 10, rest g8, so that should be enough. What could I be doing wrong? I even have 190+ speed on ezra, hera and chopper, 180 on zeb. https://swgoh.gg/u/tr1gergo/collection/?f=phoenix

Did it on the first try on the first day, I didn't think it was that hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4aMux72QZc

My squad:

https://swgoh.gg/u/rheen/squads/55762/
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    tr1gergo wrote: »
    yeah it seems swgoh doest refreshed it for some hours. Anyway I put potency on zeb, prot on kanan, and speed on everyone as much as i can. I try to take out the deathtroopers first, but stormt. is taunting every turn, and if i go after him first, they just heal him up all the time. I see videos where g8 squads handle it easily so I dont understand why it is so hard for me.

Are you removing that nasty buff from both DTs? Zeb kan do it, but also Ezra/Chopper unless they dispelled stormtrooper.
    Are you calling Zeb to assist for his debuff/stun? Works great on Thrawn after DTs are down.

• Did it on the first try on the first day, I didn't think it was that hard

https://swgoh.gg/u/rheen/squads/55762/

You're 85 with high gear levels and everything but zetas. You're about as strong as that squad can be aside from G12 and zetas. Of course it's going to be easier for you.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • done it on around the 100th try. I got lucky and managed to stun thrawn twice, so he used only one fracture until i killed the other guys. Then it was ezra zeb and hera v thrawn, and even then it was close because of his counters.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Well, 180 tries and 8 hours later, still no 7* joy :neutral:

Mine are all gear 8, all 85, all omegas added and mods stolen from my arena.

I'm done trying.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ebbda wrote: »

I'm done trying.

All G8 is a hard push.
  • Ebbda wrote: »

I'm done trying.

Looking at your profile, it looks like you have chosen Sabine over Chopper. If you have the credits and gear, I'd take Chopper up and as many of his mats as you can, if you want 7* Thrawn.

I was able to do it with all gear 8, all omegas but no zeta, moving my arena mods, and your mods are much better than mine. Potency is low on your squad, I'd address that and you should get it quick.

Don't give up, it will come.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    The ones I took from arenas were WAY better than the stuff on them now.

It's a time sink and as an officer I spend more than enough time in game trying to encourage folks to hit the Sith Raid etc.

I only got Chopper 7* just in case Sabine never made it but she did. In 180 attempts she was MVP. Spent tons of credits switching mods and watching my arena team drop in the process.

I've seen weaker and slower teams do it far quicker. The gear Phoenix needs means a massive investment for one toon.

I hope the devs see this. 8hrs for nothing is a joke. Maybe I need an exorcism :neutral:
  • i tried for at least 20 hours total.
    Never give up!
  • Ebbda wrote: »
    The ones I took from arenas were WAY better than the stuff on them now.

It's a time sink and as an officer I spend more than enough time in game trying to encourage folks to hit the Sith Raid etc.

I only got Chopper 7* just in case Sabine never made it but she did. In 180 attempts she was MVP. Spent tons of credits switching mods and watching my arena team drop in the process.

I've seen weaker and slower teams do it far quicker. The gear Phoenix needs means a massive investment for one toon.

I hope the devs see this. 8hrs for nothing is a joke. Maybe I need an exorcism :neutral:

The extra survivability from Chopper's unique plus his evade tanking is really key to beating the event at a low gear level.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    When I beat it, I had Zeb and Chopper over 200.