Squad Arena Boring / No Variety

It's all the same forms. Nightsisters and Phoenix. So many unused / useless cards.

Are their plans to make other forms / chars viable?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    the viable teams change every now and then. "flavour of the month" is a real thing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    You're in an early stage of the game. There are MUCH more useful characters than the two teams described.
    Other characters do become useful, I.E. the pending Bounty Hunter rework may make those characters useable.
    Unfortunately though, there will probably always be a meta team. My arena is only palpatine. I wish I could fight NS and Phoenix. :'(
  • Options
    No NS or Phoenix in our arena. Palpatins / Rexes / CLSs / JTRs so it seems to me there is more variety than in the past.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    We have the most diversity in the Arena than ever before. Just wait until you and your shardmates are farming other stuff.
  • Options
    I thought for sure this was going to be about Palpatine leads...
  • Options
    Palp lead, Vader, thrawm DN, and a 5th - wampa if people have, GK or a 3* Sion otherwise. We got one person stubbornly holding on to their JTR team in top 10 (kudos) This is all.

A couple JTR's make it down the line to the top 50, a Rex lead with Wampa also makes an appearance, think it's the same guy's been running his rex lead for years... I guess total stubborness CAN still get you top 50...

No diversity.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Feedback goes to feedback. So, moved...
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    We have the most diversity in the Arena than ever before. Just wait until you and your shardmates are farming other stuff.

Same here, Palp, JTR, Rex, CLS, NS. I'd say the first three have about the same share, fewer CLS and Nightsister squads, but at least 3/4 of each in the top 50. There's a couple of brave GK leads that keep creeping in but are quickly ejected.

Definitely the most varied I've seen it in a long time, probably ever.
  • xtended2l
    85 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Sorry for double-positng. Forum system is weird. Comments disappear to approval when I try to edit them sometimes. Sometimes not. And I cannot delete old comments.
    Post edited by xtended2l on
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • Options
    Actually there are no much diversity, it only depends on the age of your shard.
    1-2 monthes. Phoenix\Nightsisters(w\o Talzin\zombie) + a lot of strange looking noob teams, frequently with a leader without leader ability.
    3-4 monthes. Biggs\Wedge, Chirrut\Baze, Empire + Boba Fett in every second team.
    5 monthes + CLS, JTR, Palp, Thrawn, and for a while now - Rex as Leader - to counter Palp/Vader teams.

You will never see BH(let's hope for upcoming rework), Ewoks, Jawas, Droids, Majority of Jedies, Rebels,etc. in top20 of the shard in the age of 6+ monthes. They are easily demolished by any legendary hero, except Master Yoda - because he is weaker than good half of non-legendary heroes.

Tbh, the game developed such way, it cannot be well-balanced, we have Legendary heroes and they are OP by design. They are "legendary" and that's why it is hard to obtain them. But when everyone get them, arena gets flooded by them.

We can easily do a forecast about arena reinforcements in upcoming monthes: Darth Sion, Traya, maybe BH(after rework).
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • Options
    Palp lead, Vader, thrawm DN, and a 5th - wampa if people have, GK or a 3* Sion otherwise. We got one person stubbornly holding on to their JTR team in top 10 (kudos) This is all.

A couple JTR's make it down the line to the top 50, a Rex lead with Wampa also makes an appearance, think it's the same guy's been running his rex lead for years... I guess total stubborness CAN still get you top 50...

No diversity.

It's not going to get any better once traya is everywhere.
  • Options
    Sad to see how accurate my assessment is after only playing for 2 months.
  • Options
    Your assessment will only be accurate for maybe another two months? Phoniex crashes out to Wiggs, NS to Empire. Both are FTP and easily accessible.
  • Options
    When your form is dependent on the length of time you've played it's all pre-determined and hence no variety.