Rogue One viability

I want to know if the Rogue One characters have any place at all in the game and if I should work them up.

Replies

• Not in arena anymore, but they're still great for TB and TW
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Also Jyn is good in pit/Rancor raids (until you get CLS) and Chirrut and Pao are used in the ChexMex team for heroic STR.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Also Jyn is good in pit/Rancor raids (until you get CLS) and Chirrut and Pao are used in the ChexMex team for heroic STR.

What is "ChexMex" for a Team?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Waqui wrote: »

What is "ChexMex" for a Team?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q53Qgxgs09w

@8fache_Rendite
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As a team TB.

But individuals they are useful in other areas.

Jyn baze and chirruit are probably the best to have high gear. Bistan is good in TW and TB for random mix teams, his ship is pretty solid too, if you have him and SPF maxed out
  • In the past I used them in arena and they worked fairly well. Once I got better characters I switched them out.

Jyn is key for any rogue one team. Needs a lot of speed, and crit chance so she can build up her potency. Chirrut is indispensable, Baze is amazing. Chirrut and Baze are the only two from rogue one still in my arena team.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    no. not counting chaze
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    A full Rogue One team is good on D in TW. Also no one has mentioned Cassian but I think he is very underrated. He hits really hard, applies alot and useful debuffs that proc exposes from Jyn. They are also excellent TB team - again Cassian debuffs + Jyn exposes can wear down the elites quickly. Chirrut is underappreciate as a damage deal too. He has a really big special attack.

I just got Cassians U Wing. Havent used it much but seems pretty good so far. Bistans U Wing is good to kill pesky Tie Fighters as he cant be evaded while stealthed.

Also, Pao is awesome just because he is Pao. I dont need another reason. I love the fish-face for some reason, and his battlecry sound is great. I also think he is useful in a couple of places in the sith raid, not just the Chex mix.
  • They're pretty great. Used to use them in arena except R2 instead of Baze, used to be able to get top 10 but since sith rework now going so well. They destroy territory battles and not bad territory war. Jyn dominates the Rancor can solo if fast enough. Tank raid can solo p4 with Jyn cls Asajj Chirrut leia. Several other teams they work in especially Jyn is great in p3. Sith raid... Well nobody's really that good but did do really well in p2 with Jyn K2 Cassian R2 BB8. Other tiers they ate mediocre. Chirrut in general is an incredible rebel healer. And soild offense too.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    A Rogue One team isn't really a thing, per se. I mean, they get no special synergy off the Rogue One tag; they're just Rebels.

Other than Baze and Chirrut, they're not really arena worthy characters.

The Jyn/Cassian/K2SO triangle can slot into a lot of good E list Rebel teams. Which doesn't sound like much, but Rebels as a faction is so fat that you can field five good teams from them.
    Still not a he.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    All this has largely been said, but Baze and Chirrut ("Chaze") are definitely arena material, especially if you run Rebels. They're not top meta at the moment, but they're very solid. Chirrut's tenacity up is a decent counter to the EP meta.

Jyn is the best rancor killer until you get CLS or raid Han (in fact, she's still on my rancor team along with CLS).

In TB, Jyn, Cassian, K2, Chaze are fantastic even at just g8. In TW, they're one of those teams that can hit above their weight.

Chirrut and Pao have uses on that chex mix team for the Sith raid.

Bistan and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder have a decent ship and are fine scrap-squad toons for TW as well.

Bodhi is really the only one that has never found a place in the game. (Pao doesn't really either outside of chex mix.)