Suggestions?

Seriously, gently critique my Phoenix team. I'd like to think I have decent mods on them, barring not having a lot of speed.

https://swgoh.gg/u/jnericsonx/

Replies

• I had about 50 tries before I decided to quit trying so hard. Hit auto and walked away, totally beat this while afk.
  • That doesn't help rofl. I can't expect that kind of luck. Just saying, my guys are in pretty good shape, so WHY is Thrawn so much harder than finishing off getting say, R2, or CLS.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Why?

Only the devs can answer that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It is one of the hardest to get because of how good Thrawn is.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    It is one of the hardest to get because of how good Thrawn is.

That doesn't quite fit given how good CLS is. His event was really easy by comparison.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EricsonX wrote: »
    That doesn't help rofl. I can't expect that kind of luck. Just saying, my guys are in pretty good shape, so WHY is Thrawn so much harder than finishing off getting say, R2, or CLS.
    The actual difficulty of the fight is about on par with R2; it's just you have more freedom and likely more investment in an Empire team than a Phoenix team.

You have a couple hard Rebel counters available, and you rarely see folks trying to avoid getting anybody on their Empire team past G8 in their quest for 7* R2.
    Still not a he.
  • Hell, I rolled G9 for them just in case. It still annoys me though. My Phoenix team is pretty tough IMHO, but that Thrawn final fight just wrecks us. I can maybe get down 2, maybe 3 of the enemy, but by then, I'm beat to dust. Maybe when they make it a bit easier to go to G10 by the time they give us G13, I'll try again. Or they take pity on us and tweak it a bit easier.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hm.

Alright, OP. I hope you're okay with moving some of your mods around--you should probably do that anyway for your arena team--because that's what I'm going to suggest you do. If you go into your swgoh.gg's mod screen, then sort by speed, you're going to see you've got your good speed mods all over the place. I'll take the hand-holding route and go into depth about what you should move and to whom:

Squares: Shoretrooper's square (why is your best speed square on ShT?) to Ezra, B2's to Hera, Tarkin's to Zeb, take Thrawn's and put it on Kanan (more protection on that one), and Sidious' on Chopper.

Arrows: Deathtrooper on Hera, Ackbar on Ezra (unless we can get a critical damage bonus on him, then put CLS' on him), and either Krennic or IG-88's on Kanan (you're looking for protection on him).

Diamond: Kanan's Diamond to Ezra; Eeth Koth's to Zeb; Nihilus to Chopper; HR Soldier to Hera; take Starck's to put on Kanan.

Triangle: Snowtrooper to Ezra (again why is your best speed mod on Snowtrooper?); IG-88 to Hera; Sidious to Zeb; then K2 and Teebo to Chopper and Kanan.

Circle: Eeth Koth to Ezra (why is it on Eeth Koth???); CLS to Hera; Thrawn to Chopper; Hera to Zeb; Vader to Kanan.

Plus: Eeth Koth to Ezra (no really, why?); Sith Assassin to Hera; Poggle to Kanan; Cassian to Zeb; Jawa Engineer to Chopper.

Ezra should be the fastest--with these mods he'll probably be pushing ~220ish--followed by Hera and Chopper. Aim for potency + on Zeb (which is why he'll probably end up faster than Chopper just from mods), and you can sacrifice a lot of speed for protection on Kanan.

Note that these are your fastest mods, they belong on your arena team and not a hodgepodge of characters. You'll probably be able to climb a good 50 to 100 ranks in the arena, easily, if you change these around.

Edit: here's a video that should help you figure out mods in the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaiApAwpno
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I honestly haven't looked at or used Eeth Koth in ages so, heh. Also, I guess I put a good speed mod on Snowtrooper because on my Krennic team with Starck, I wanted him with high crit+speed+crit damage would let his AOE continously wreck if lucky. I'll have to look through this.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    what catharsis said. then get thrawn the throw phoenix in the gutter where they belong
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    EricsonX wrote: »
    That doesn't help rofl. I can't expect that kind of luck. Just saying, my guys are in pretty good shape, so WHY is Thrawn so much harder than finishing off getting say, R2, or CLS.
    The actual difficulty of the fight is about on par with R2; it's just you have more freedom and likely more investment in an Empire team than a Phoenix team.

You have a couple hard Rebel counters available, and you rarely see folks trying to avoid getting anybody on their Empire team past G8 in their quest for 7* R2.
    I beat the event with Vader lead and palp only,the rest were gear 4 at the max