GW is too difficult!

2Next

Replies

• @Darthpedro.... All I'm saying is the gw needs to rework those teams like you stated into the higher nodes instead of lower nodes.
  • You obviously know everything, so enjoy talking to yourself,

If you truly know how to beat NS , then you really would know how easy they are to beat.

So . Have fun and enjoy.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    It would be pretty difficult to code that way, where they would consider different mechanics and weight them differently for difficulty. The nodes are based on gp and I would expect them to remain that way... Right or wrong, that's how it is and it's better to learn to live with it than to try to change it (pick your battles). Good luck tho, and happy gaming!
  • @ccyrils that is actually what I was looking for in an answer. Very helpful unlike these other jackasses. Thank you
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    While i am on the other side from the op

I constantly complain that galactic war is too easy however i believe the same solution i suggest may fix the ops problem if the developrs care to implement it.

That is to filter galactic war opponents by aren rank as well as galactic power.

Today my node 12 was a zeta phasma lead, a zeta vader unique, a zeta fett unique a qgj and a gmy.

3 gear 12s and a gear 11 5 dot mods, one speed +3 secondary and no speed arrows and somehow you just know this guy has never gotten above rank 1k in arena despite being in a shard with less than 500 people active.

Give me a challenge and pick someone with a top 10 arena rank and the appropiate power level in node 12. Im always always top 10 in arena.

For someone who ranks 100th in arena top out his challenge is node 12 with a rank 100 and dont give him anything higher all the way along.
  • Hookemsith wrote: »
    Thank you everyone but ghosttruckin.. As for you enjoy your miserable fat life trolling. I'm gonna sit here continue to make my millions doing nothing but growing a **** plant. **** off.

Lol, your cute sweetie
  • You obviously know everything, so enjoy talking to yourself,

If you truly know how to beat NS , then you really would know how easy they are to beat.

So . Have fun and enjoy.

LOL, in trying to find your guild I came across this post. I'm happy to join cause I need to know how to beat Mother Talman teams. She has this bum-rush attack that takes out 1 of my guys and then gives her team another string of attacks.
  • RodgerSterlingArcher
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @Hookemsith to be honest it sounds like you're making questionable decisions. Cad Bane should absolutely not be your focus at level 75.

GW has already been changed to make it easier than it used to be. I suggest you create an account at swgoh.gg and share it here; that way we can give you advice. Some squads are much better than others for GW.

I couldn't agree more: I don't know what your roster looks like (you need to create and post your swgoh.gg account so we can see it), but my guess is that Biggs, Luminara, Zeb, Phasma, or even the resistance pilot would be far more helpful in the short term. Not to mention that Zeb is a Phoenix, which is arguably the most versatile squad in the entire game, and hands down the easiest to farm (less Sabine of course, but you don't need to have her to create a sustainable team...). Additionally, the Res. Pilot and Biggs are crew members for ships, so 2 birds 1 stone and all that...

TIP: be sure to read the thread about GW tips - Devs confirmed. I had lots of trouble with GW, and after reading that, and implementing the advice, I saw results almost immediately, and a month later I am winning 5 or 6 GWs a week on average (rarely is it less than 5, sometimes it's 7...). Point is, there is a TON of sound advice, both short and long term.

Best of luck!
    Post edited by RodgerSterlingArcher on
  • Whoa guys let’s remain civil here.
    So hookemsith, I can’t proper tell you why you might be losing battles or winning some, or exactly what teams to use. I used to struggle through it myself, and just recently I’ve grown strong enough to start clearing it.
    However, one thing that will prove invaluable is leader that can heal w/o specials. For example I run
    Nihlus,
    Vader,
    Maul,
    EP,
    Dooku.

Almost every battle I do, they are at full health due to the health steal nihlus gives. Unless the AI singles out a toon, or uses a high damage attack, it’s rare that anyone might die. Another good one would be wedge with rebels. The constant healing will be invaluable to keeping your men alive
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    In a world where mechanics matter more than raw power. Start asking HOW to win, and not WHY you can't, or you'll be talking to yourself soon.

I understand what you're saying, and while I agree with the sentiment, there are times where you literally can't do anything to win.

I recently hit 85. I'm working towards my first zetas right now, and while I have some pretty strong teams, having my 12 node be Rex lead with Chaze, R2 and General Kenobi (who my guild hasn't unlocked yet, mind you) is unbeatable, no matter who I throw at it. I've thrown my 7 star pheonix, palpatine lead with thrawn, vader, Dtrooper and Nihilus...but as I'm going against a very zetad chaze team, while I haven't even zetad one character yet, it's not a question of HOW on my part. The question is HOW CG thinks this is fair matchmaking.
  • Your problem is assuming that you should not face a specific squad on a specific node,

Your other problem is using a squad that obviously is not any good against NS,

Gw is as hard as you make it, or as easy, it’s all your call.

That's just not true. The matchmaking is borked. I'm a recent 85 and am working towards my first zeta. There's no reason for my 12 node to be an almost fully zeta'd Rex lead with Chaze, R2 and Gen. Kenobi (Who my guild is working towards unlocking).

How am I making it harder again?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    2016 called...it wants its GW thread back.

Seriously though, yes there is a minor "wall" in GW for a very short time where, if you don't have a very wide roster, you will struggle as you push to 85 for a week or so. Push through it. Everyone else did too.

Then you can sim it and never have to worry about it again.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Ok so then why are you here complaining about not being able to beat nightsisters
    Your problem is assuming that you should not face a specific squad on a specific node,

Your other problem is using a squad that obviously is not any good against NS,

Gw is as hard as you make it, or as easy, it’s all your call.

That's just not true. The matchmaking is borked. I'm a recent 85 and am working towards my first zeta. There's no reason for my 12 node to be an almost fully zeta'd Rex lead with Chaze, R2 and Gen. Kenobi (Who my guild is working towards unlocking).

How am I making it harder again?

Ok so just 2 things

1) You are right, that is a well constructed squad that can be very tough to beat, it has a lot of things going for it. It is beatable with the right characters/RNG but you need to understand all the abilities and come up with the right characters to counter them. Worst case you don't finish that day and try again the next.

2) What exactly do you mean by almost fully zeta'd? I ask because of the 5 characters in that squad only R2 has zeta abilities and only on his 4th and 5th abilities, so it's either 0, 1 or 2 zetas.