Starved for Omegas

This is a huge problem. What is the sense in buying all of the gear that I have if I can't even upgrade the abilities to use all of my G12 toons I have in TW effectively? I understand Zetas being a rare resource. But the omega and Mk3 crisis is way too out of control. Hope they can remedy this in one way or another. I have 18 Omegas I could put on just G12 toons alone right now...

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Buy the Ability Pack every time it is offered. Farm 16-energy cantina nodes. (Approximately 1 omega every 500 sim or so).
  • The ability pack is expensive and not worth it, plus it is very rare. That is not a viable answer. The truth is that you are just SOL, get used to it.
  • When that rare ability mat pack hits the stores, we need it more often! It’s the best bang for ur buck
  • What level are you you start getting one every day for daily activities once you are level 85
  • You can buy them from fleet store.
  • TVF
    36529 posts Member
    BTABill wrote: »
    This is a huge problem. What is the sense in buying all of the gear that I have if I can't even upgrade the abilities to use all of my G12 toons I have in TW effectively? I understand Zetas being a rare resource. But the omega and Mk3 crisis is way too out of control. Hope they can remedy this in one way or another. I have 18 Omegas I could put on just G12 toons alone right now...

It's not a huge problem because it's the same for everyone. It's a resource management game and this is one of the resources you have to manage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    You can buy them from fleet store.

With the fleet store, it is kind of a rip-off because you can get a zeta, the most rare resource in the game, for only 500 more points.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • TVF
    36529 posts Member
    Archlord wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

With the fleet store, it is kind of a rip-off because you can get a zeta, the most rare resource in the game, for only 500 more points.

I have 30 zeta mats and 15 omega mats.

Sure zetas are more rare, but you need more omega. So it's not necessarily as cut-and-dried as omegas being a rip-off.

With that said I haven't every bought an omega, I buy lots of zetas. ;)
  • Yeah. Omegas are somewhat easy to farm though if you are level 85.
  • Archlord wrote: »
    Yeah. Omegas are somewhat easy to farm though if you are level 85.

How do you farm omegas? You can wait for them to come to you. You can't really farm them. Im always waiting on omegas. I always have zetas. Omegas are the real crunch not zetas.
  • CPace
    151 posts Member

Im having the same issue as well. But what TVF has said to you is true. This is a resource management game. I at the moment only have 4 characters that have at least one ability maxed out. Especially for those who are F2P like me. It's just a matter of time before you can get your characters omegad (maybe zetad)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Archlord wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

I have 30 zeta mats and 15 omega mats.

Sure zetas are more rare, but you need more omega. So it's not necessarily as cut-and-dried as omegas being a rip-off.

With that said I haven't every bought an omega, I buy lots of zetas. ;)

Same here, but I tend to have at least 50 omegas at any given time, and I don't even feel that I'm being overly conservative with spending them. Maybe this proves I have the worst zeta drop-rate lol.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    How do you farm omegas? You can wait for them to come to you. You can't really farm them. Im always waiting on omegas. I always have zetas. Omegas are the real crunch not zetas.

You can use Cantina Energy on the last nodes to get Omegas and you get one every day from the dailies and 3 times a week with the challenges.
  • The Omega drop rateis terrible for cantina energy.
  • TVF wrote: »

It's not a huge problem because it's the same for everyone. It's a resource management game and this is one of the resources you have to manage.

This is a huge problem. nearly everything else in the game you can buy. Im not speaking from a FTP perspective here and IM not asking that we are given more omegas for free. Im asking that they can be purchased. In august they offered a pack for 599 cryastals that you could buy each day giving you 3-10 omegas and 10-30 Mk3s (I bought it every day) they have a pack now that is around for 4-5 days each month, but it still isnt in any way enough. "Farming" omegas in Cantina 8 is a joke with the drop rate there. Buying them from fleet when you can spend another 500 in fleet and get a Zeta is equally a joke. I get its a resource management game, however every other resource in the game you can also buy... gear, mods, and used to be Ability mats.
  • TVF
    36529 posts Member
    "It's the same for everyone."

So basically, deal with it. Seems to me you're just mad that there's one tiny little place in the game where whales don't have the advantage of time.