Sith Raid Reward Rollback - 4/17/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Yoda comes tomorrow, probably not BH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    Oh awesome the lower tiers go back to the same less than stellar rewards. Oh well. I liked the change for the lower tiers. There was an incentive to do this raid. This rollback is great for those who do heroic, but back to the dumping grounds for the rest of us. The lower tiers are not worth the effort for what we got at the beginning. Disappointing for those guilds not able to do the heroic tier.

This is a temporary move so they can roll this out in a better fashion in the future. raid reward changes are going to happen. as it says.

The same could be said about the Heroic reward changes. It didn't stop complaints then and shouldn't be used to dismiss them now.

thats not true. the original change was the base that was going to be built on with the new gear and such, and was meant to be what they envisioned.

this is a change back so that they can fully and properly explain and examine the change they are going to roll out (i believe the more important part about this is explain, i hope they work that part out)

these are 2 very different situations. I hope you can see that.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I appreciate the effort and the communication, as well as the quick action.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Oh awesome the lower tiers go back to the same less than stellar rewards. Oh well. I liked the change for the lower tiers. There was an incentive to do this raid. This rollback is great for those who do heroic, but back to the dumping grounds for the rest of us. The lower tiers are not worth the effort for what we got at the beginning. Disappointing for those guilds not able to do the heroic tier.

This is a temporary move so they can roll this out in a better fashion in the future. raid reward changes are going to happen. as it says.

The same could be said about the Heroic reward changes. It didn't stop complaints then and shouldn't be used to dismiss them now.

thats not true. the original change was the base that was going to be built on with the new gear and such, and was meant to be what they envisioned.

this is a change back so that they can fully and properly explain and examine the change they are going to roll out (i believe the more important part about this is explain, i hope they work that part out)

The specifics may be different, but at the heart of the matter, in each instance, some group of players has been negatively affected. It's hilarious that when the shoe is on one foot being dissatisfied is perfectly acceptable, but suddenly now that you've gotten what you want complaining is completely gauche and patience is the watchword of the day. If you can't see the hypocrisy there that's not my problem.
  • Summary: completely roll back, everyone will get two whole pieces of g12
  • The cries of whales and krakens are greater than those of dolphins, minnows, and FTP.

I agree. Just disappointed, but understand why it has to be done

There's no reason to be condescending to people. It's pure hypocrisy for a group that just spent weeks complaining about changes to now say it's not cool to complain and wait for the next set of changes to take effect. Either way some people got screwed and if one set can be disgruntled, the other shouldn't be stifled either.
  • Rist
    16 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie Does this mean the changes to the tier 4-6 raid rewards are getting rolled back (aka nerfed back to 'why bother to run it at all' level) as well?
  • Thank you for listening to the feedback.
  • WarGuy101 wrote: »
    "Level 85 and above"?

glad other people noticed this as well
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Oh awesome the lower tiers go back to the same less than stellar rewards. Oh well. I liked the change for the lower tiers. Great for those who do heroic, but back to the dumping grounds for the rest of us. The lower tiers are not worth the effort for what we got at the beginning.

The cries of whales and krakens are greater than those of dolphins, minnows, and FTP.

Those doing tier 5 & 6 were also posting their displeasure with the reward changes. And there are minnows and f2p in Heroic Sith guilds. So, while cute and pithy, your statement is also completely unrelated to this situation.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hawkeye wrote: »
    The cries of whales and krakens are greater than those of dolphins, minnows, and FTP.

I agree. Just disappointed, but understand why it has to be done

Loyal to the paycheck
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Regarding the level 85 and above comment, I recall some tiers of challenges used to say seven star or greater characters needed. May be a mere grammatical error.

Or it may mean level increase coming...tomorrow!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I_WANT_YODA
    540 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I really, really, really want some clone wars Chewie shards also. Thanks!

In seriousness though, great decision. Looking forward to the BH improvements.
    Post edited by I_WANT_YODA on
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Will we get all this rollback and 2 G12 gear before TW lock in?
  • ganelon341
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Great. How about

was: (....)
    gonna change on ddd: (.....)
    (explanation)

This update announcement was the most difficult to understand so far.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ganelon341 wrote: »
    Great. How about

(explanation)

This update announcement was the most difficult to understand yet.

its going back as if there was no update to raid rewards @ganelon341
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    WarGuy101 wrote: »
    "Level 85 and above"?
    Apologies, that's how we talk about max level players internally, not a hint at the level cap. Updated the post to correct it, and thanks for catching.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    Anyone who is level 85 gets the 2 pieces of gear regardless of which STR tier has been completed?
    Yes.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
    ganelon341 wrote: »
    Great. How about

(explanation)

This update announcement was the most difficult to understand yet.

its going back as if there was no update to raid rewards @ganelon341

But we're those rewards at all? Just symbolic pieces of gear for such time fighting those siths. My whole guild is disappointed with the raid. We are treating it as a must.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Yeah, while this is obviously a good decision for Heroic people, as well as top contributors to t4-6, I'm curious if anything is gonna be done for t4-6 people? Once the rewards got flattened, we started doing t4, cuz there was zero motivation to finish raids, even tho we're capable of t6. Dare we hope for an actual increase in rewards for lower tier people once May hits?
  • Ikey
    48 posts Member
    When it comes to revisiting the rewards in May, I pray this doesn't happen all over again. I'll happily take challenge gear than go back to having flattened rewards. Otherwise it's back to posting a 0 and being done.
  • urtil
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2018

This!

What you guys at CG do is so embarassing. Even though you realise that the old reward structure negatively distorts the game you cave in and go for a full rollback of to the detriment of anyone not being able to do a heroic level Sith Raid which is the vast majority of players and also to the detriment of the game as such as you stated before.

The main problems with the Sith raid are that it is no fun to play, that you did not really think it through properly from the start (immediate need to nerf one of the most prominent team in the arena, giving out too high rewards for heroic and too **** for everything else, introducing challenge gear even in a new raid when everyone wants it removed from the old ones,...) and that you communicated your changes poorly by trying to sell as an improvement for everyone what should be a much needed adjustment in balance of rewards between the tiers.

After the uproar you now go the easy road of a full rollback instead of working by adjusting your changes in a way to make this game better.

Well, at least you are consistent in making the worst possible choices for courses of action. Way to go!
  • Ikey
    48 posts Member
    The simple solution is to make the new pieces much harder to obtain for a while whilst the players that aren't hSTR ready catch up. It felt like a punishment for spending my time/money.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie

Like many here I was vocally concerned about how the raid rewards were originally communicated vs. how they were rolled out. I admit fully that I was a bit witty (well ... snarky) in some of my posts over the matter. I was not expecting a complete rollback while you reviewed your intent and how to better reach the goal of preventing an unsurmountable gap between players who support the game financially and those who support the game through helping to build and fill the various vibrant communities and guilds. I have to say your decision today is a pleasant surprise. I will fully admit I was wrong when I suspected we would receive a PR laden announcement that complaints and grievances would be met with you ultimately telling us to pound sand.

I appreciate when I can eat crow a little when the ultimate resolution may be positive. Basically, thank you.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    My guilds are excited about the rollback. Thank you Carrie and the rest of the team for listening to our feedback!
  • I rarely give kudo to devs, and i means devs in any game. But kudos for seeing mistakes and acting on it. Youll never please everyone but from the uproar that was given with raid reward changes, id say the majority are happy now.
  • I’m confused. You are rolling back the rewards to the older content that caused all the complaining but suggested guilds do not end raids before the update where I assume we would get this slightly better option of rewards for a few days.
    I am also confused why internal CG references max level players that way. The only above 85 level entities in game are not player controlled.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Anyone who is level 85 gets the 2 pieces of gear regardless of which STR tier has been completed?
    Yes.

Thanks Carrie, first time a dev answered one of my posts
  • I’m happy for the roll back but I can’t wrap my head around how that has to include the challenge gear too.
    Honestly that’s all we wanted in the first place was to have the useless challenge gear removed from the raids. Just seems like we are back to square one only to revisit the problem in a couple weeks. @CG_Carrie why can’t you guys roll back to what it was then just take out the challenge gear