Are any of these worth persevering with?

Prev1
https://swgoh.gg/u/hellsteeth30/collection/

Outside of the Phoenix toons are any of these worth sticking resources into, I hear Talia isn't endgame material but she's close to starring up again.

Dooku seems to be working out pretty well but I'm not sure how he works out in the current meta.

I mean it doesn't take too long before GW starts booting my gongs around (first one was untenable by the third track, Kylo Ren is a major nuisance, both versions).

I'm grinding out Boba and Savage as my DS team needs a little extra punch.
Hey, it's still better than MSF

Replies

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Talia is good for heroic sith raid
    consular has a decent ship
    farmboy luke for CLS
    teebo + ewok elder ok for heroic rancor + heroic tank phases
    snowtrooper good for ipd shards in dstb
    tie fighter pilot is excellent for ships

take from that what you will
  • I assume CLS is Commander Luke Skywalker.

In hindsight I maybe should have gone for Ezra, Hera doesn't have much utility by herself I've noticed aside from Plan B.

Should I be concerned with hurrying about getting faction teams like Empire, Scoundrel etc? Not sure what the event cycle is like in this game. I don't think Thrawn will be back for a few months so I have time for Phoenix grinding.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    they've got their uses eventually, but i wouldn't prioritize any of them.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Should I be concerned with hurrying about getting faction teams like Empire, Scoundrel etc? Not sure what the event cycle is like in this game. I don't think Thrawn will be back for a few months so I have time for Phoenix grinding.

It makes sense to focus on a faction at a time as few toons are useful in isolation.

In terms of the event cycle, www.swgohevents.com is useful as a rough guide (it's not official and can't be taken as gospel). The next legendary (apart from Yoda tomorrow) will probably be Palpatine who you can get with Phoenix, so I wouldn't ignore them if I were you.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Alright, Phoenix it is with one or two side projects. Most of the regulars are geared up as well as well as they can be at my present level, so that's in order.

Sadly I kinda doubt three Ewoks is enough for AT-ST, underlevelled/geared Ewoks at that.

Alright, thanks guys.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Disregarding what your main focus is, I would always farm scoundrels on the side to make sure, that I could do the highest tier of credit heist available to me. You need those credits to develop your roster, just as much as you need crystals for energy refreshes and what not.

Farm Boba's hard nodes every day. Chewie at 4* is fine for now.
  • Phoenix.

Old School Rebels.

Empire team.

Scoundrels.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Disregarding what your main focus is, I would always farm scoundrels on the side to make sure, that I could do the highest tier of credit heist available to me. You need those credits to develop your roster, just as much as you need crystals for energy refreshes and what not.

Farm Boba's hard nodes every day. Chewie at 4* is fine for now.

Yeah, I noticed credits drain fast . I'm halfway on Boba so I'll stick with him for now, then Chopper.

As a secondary question, do all toons appear on the guld store at some point? I notice a few change and some don't.

• Another thing to keep in mind - just because you have the shards to upgrade someone, doesn't mean you have to (or even should at that moment). 4-5 is 250k, 5-6 is 500k, 6-7 is 1M. Upgrading a toon that you're not using simply because you have enough shards can be a hugely inefficient use of credits. My Talia has been sitting at 70/65 for weeks.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    My Talia has been sitting at 70/65 for weeks.

Oh yeah? My IG86 is at 297/85. Pretty much all from Bronzium pulls and occasional GW rewards.

And yes that's 1680 shard shop currency but I'm trying to set the record for most IG86 shards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    My Talia has been sitting at 70/65 for weeks.

Oh yeah? My IG86 is at 297/85. Pretty much all from Bronzium pulls and occasional GW rewards.

And yes that's 1680 shard shop currency but I'm trying to set the record for most IG86 shards.

:o:D
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    My guild thinks I'm insane. They might be right. But it's fun to post the screenshot in discord every time I get more. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think I'll be doing the same. Far too expensive to promote all the things, plus shard shop is a thing.

I definitely won't be using IG-86. Teebo was actually all bronzium packs, saves me a bit of farming later. Talia 4* was bronzium.

In fact Bronzium can be surprisingly generous, got me a few gear parts when I needed them.

Hopefully a 4* will drop one day, preferably Boba.

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm halfway on Boba so I'll stick with him for now...

Boba's one of the best "early game" characters, for sure. And remember, something is about to happen in regards original Bounty Hunters...soon.

No, not all toons appear in the Guild Store. Some do, some don't, some come, some go.

• One more quick question.

Sabine or Kanan for number 5?

• Kanan. You’ll still want to farm Sabine since you’ll need her to get the Phantom II ship, but she takes far, far longer than any other Phoenix character because she’s only on one hard node. Or to put it in time perspective, I’ve been playing since December. Got every other Phoenix character to 7* by the beginning of February. Sabine is still 5* and I farm her regularly.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    One more quick question.

Sabine or Kanan for number 5?

Singl3 hard node farms are all luxuries for 6 months time. Not priority.
  • Sadly, can't quite maintain that sub 1000 arena spot yet. Dooku is stubbornly refusing to farm up to 4*. Tarkin is nearly up to gear 5 and that'll be that for him aside from some skill ups. That debuff is handy for GW until I get the squad together.

Kanan it is. I'll keep hammering Ezra up to 4* then back to Hera cantina farm wise (3*).

Zeb shouldn't be a long job. GW is fairly generous with the currency even though I can't finish a campaign yet, Kylo Masked is the bane of my existence.
  • Sadly, can't quite maintain that sub 1000 arena spot yet. Dooku is stubbornly refusing to farm up to 4*. Tarkin is nearly up to gear 5 and that'll be that for him aside from some skill ups. That debuff is handy for GW until I get the squad together.

Kanan it is. I'll keep hammering Ezra up to 4* then back to Hera cantina farm wise (3*).

Zeb shouldn't be a long job. GW is fairly generous with the currency even though I can't finish a campaign yet, Kylo Masked is the bane of my existence.

Kylo's time will come. Facing a similarly leveled Phoenix squad, he quickly gets group hugged to death. I LOVED seeing Kylo when I used my Phoenix.
  • Ok, I'll ask here instead.

Is Zeb worth an omega/zeta when the time comes? As out of all of the Phoenix squad he seems like the least useful outside of his unique and protection. I ask as he's going to almost definitely hit 7 before the others.

GW is getting increasingly tiresome so I want to get to temporary easy mode ASAP. Level 55 AND mods? Yeah, not beating that. Took a suicide squad and most of my A team to kill node 11.

Also who's a solid replacement for Talia, healing wise. She's become an increasing liability as I level.

Got Boba but he's a pain to gear up and also not a healer obviously.
  • Luminara or JC are decent healers for lower level GW. Once you get your Phoenix team geared up, you can almost auto GW. They regrow their health and protection over time.
  • Yeah, JC is at gear VII + extras (level prohibits further growth in that department). He still can't take too much of a smack though. If I have to throw an extra star or two on him so be it. Not exactly a difficult farm.

Can an entry level but well geared Phoenix do GW at my level, probably around 52 by the time I've got the full squad.

Hera's at 3, Ezra is nearly 4, Zeb is nearly 4 and the other two will just be at 2.
  • I started using Phoenix to enter (and clear) GW consistently as soon as I had the team assembled. So yeah, start using them. You might now win 100% early on, but it'll be a good start.
  • The issue I've noticed is Chopper, one or two hits and he's out of there. The gear so far isn't giving him much health or armour (IV bordering on V, good job the right challenge is up tomorrow).

That might just be an ability thing though, the rest of them are on IV.

Oh and I caught what you said on Zeb in the other topic too. Noted and absorbed.

I've managed to complete a couple of GW campaigns so far, so I'm getting there. I think it will balance out a bit once I can get some mods, last nights victory was against a level 59 team (I'm 48) and it was fairly routine aside from a scare with Savage nearby (overpower is nasty levelled up).
  • Yeah - I know chopper has a taunt, but early on it's really not a good idea to use it unless someone else is gonna die. He doesn't have the durability that kanan does, and until the higher levels of his ability he doesn't get enough evasion to really start dodging a lot. You can help him out a bit by using Kanan and Zeb's prot buffs if he's going to be taunting, but really Kanan should be the one drawing fire in most cases.
  • I'll have the full set tomorrow so I'll test out a strategy then bearing in mind their current weaknesses at the place they're at. No autoing them for a bit.
  • How far are you from Kanan, OP? He'll help your team survive a bit better--granting you the dreaded hug of death, for one--by providing a pretty solid damage soak, and give you a heal whenever you're debuffed. Zeb and Chopper's uniques will help provide you with an additional level of survivability, though Zeb's won't really shine until you start getting protection (mods and G7+ afaik). I would suggest subbing in another tank--or a high damage attacker--until you can get your hands on him.

For all of the Phoenix you'll want to omega their uniques (if you would rather not you'll be looking at G9 with decent mods for Thrawn; you may want to shoot for G9 if you doubt you'll be level 80+ before he returns in another three/four months).

Don't forget that you can retreat from Galactic War--if it says retreat you can do so with no consequences; it's like it never happened, forfeit consumes something--and try alternative strategies until something works. It is worth noting that GW order of operations are frozen, so if you continue to make the same moves against the same characters in the same order things will always happen the same; sometimes you can find yourself much better RNG just by switching up one or two of these things. For KRU you'll want to use someone with high damage--make sure Ezra's unique is as high as you can get it--and you should be fine. He'll start feeling squishy once you're mid-to-late 60's and 70's (he doesn't really get sturdy again he's a much higher gear level).
  • I'll have the full set tomorrow so I'll test out a strategy then bearing in mind their current weaknesses at the place they're at. No autoing them for a bit.

Good idea. I never autoed them, even at the end (before I retired them from GW). Partly for fear of them doing something dumb and getting killed, and partly because so much of the game later becomes simming it's nice to actually drive the bus once in a while.
  • Kanan is at 15, I have 200 tokens in stock, 200 from the daily to come and I'm in the 500-1000 bracket and can hold it. So yeah, tomorrow. Then however long it takes to get him geared sufficiently. The tactics challenge will take care of Choppers gear to V. Never can have enough MK V power cell salvage or full components for that matter.

I know the trick to GW retreats too, back out swap around a toon or two, go back in and retreat again. The RNG is set as soon as you go in from what I can tell so if you can't counter what you know is coming then that's the way to reset it. Bit of an exploit but if they aren't going give the AI a varying strategy....
  • Kanan is at 15, I have 200 tokens in stock, 200 from the daily to come and I'm in the 500-1000 bracket and can hold it. So yeah, tomorrow. Then however long it takes to get him geared sufficiently. The tactics challenge will take care of Choppers gear to V. Never can have enough MK V power cell salvage or full components for that matter.

I know the trick to GW retreats too, back out swap around a toon or two, go back in and retreat again. The RNG is set as soon as you go in from what I can tell so if you can't counter what you know is coming then that's the way to reset it. Bit of an exploit but if they aren't going give the AI a varying strategy....

Eh, it's easier to vary your own order of operations than go through the hassle of moving your characters around for no good reason. It's also one of the reasons GW will never work as a practice mode.