Yoda event?

Yes
145 posts Member
So... on the April calendar it says it will be tomorrow, but it's not showing up on the coming events. Is it just me?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They stated they are going to make a content push today, so this will probably be pushed out with that update.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Hey thanks so much for responding!!
  • ewqewqc
    183 posts Member
    what about mythic ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ewqewqc wrote: »
    what about mythic ?

No word on that.
  • ewqewqc wrote: »
    what about mythic ?

They did say it would be fairly behind the other events (when mythics were announced) because of the whole jedi vs jedi thing so will be different from the others somehow
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Grand master yoda might be more grand after a revamp.
  • So, it's second iteration of GMY Legendary Event since Mythic Events were announced, and this iteration is additionally month late(Please correct me if I'm wrong - not 100% sure here), so what about mythic?

@CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie
  • Arby
    10 posts Member
    I got Yoda last week and was so excited, 7* and vii geared him right away.

And turns out he's a a piece of ****. Low attack power, even lower health. I 15 all health mods on him and he's still got no **** health. Huge disappointment.
  • Arby wrote: »

And turns out he's a a piece of ****. Low attack power, even lower health. I 15 all health mods on him and he's still got no **** health. Huge disappointment.

Well he’s a Jedi. They need a make over.
    But Yoda’s strenths are his stun, tmr, and his ability to copy and spread buffs
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I feel like his leader ability could be good in raids. Give all your folks Tenacity up, then watch as their turn meters fill. Depends on the raid, of course.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like his leader ability could be good in raids. Give all your folks Tenacity up, then watch as their turn meters fill. Depends on the raid, of course.
    I think that did well in Haat phase 1??
    Oh also - he’s pretty easy to gear!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Also, he is the fastest legendary, and grants tenacity up and foresight to the team.

He's not as impressive as the other legendaries, but he's not useless. You can make a decent Jedi team out of zQui Gon, Grandmaster Yoda, Ezra, General Kenobi, zBarriss. Not currently meta, but still pretty good.
    Still not a he.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Also, he is the fastest legendary, and grants tenacity up and foresight to the team.

He's not as impressive as the other legendaries, but he's not useless. You can make a decent Jedi team out of zQui Gon, Grandmaster Yoda, Ezra, General Kenobi, zBarriss. Not currently meta, but still pretty good.

I think the Jedi are actually not that bad in general, just lacking in damage output. Simply increasing the attack numbers would imo make a lot of them instantly much more interesting.
  • Nauros wrote: »

I think the Jedi are actually not that bad in general, just lacking in damage output. Simply increasing the attack numbers would imo make a lot of them instantly much more interesting.

Yes. There are a few exceptions for a Jedi upgrade- Kanan, Ezra, HY, Gk, Barris.
    But the rest need maw damage. And mace should hit like Rey etc.
    or.
    If it’s an all Jedi team allow 6 instead of 5 and have 2 leaderships count.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Oh, for all they're awash in a sea of midling old republic Jedi, there are a lot of genuinely good toons in there. Kanan, Ezra, Ben, Barriss, both Yodas, Qui Gon, General Kenobi. Even Anakin and the oddball pile of weird perks that is Aayla. That's more genuinely good toons than most factions get.

The problem is that lack of offense in particular, as you say, and the general fact that they don't really gel together all that well. Then there are a couple leadership abilities like General Kenobi and Anakin that try to bridge them with Clone Troopers, which is another faction that suffers from a lack of offense!
    Still not a he.
  • Nauros wrote: »

If it’s an all Jedi team allow 6 instead of 5 and have 2 leaderships count.

Ashoka Tano and Old Ben, 30% Evasion and gain 50% TM when you evade an attack.

Old Ben and Luminara:
    +30% evasion. Gain 30% TM on evasion. Jedi recover 8% of Luminara's max health each turn. Any time an ally gains a buff they don't have, gain HOT for 2 turns.

Now THAT would be interesting....
  • I think jedi generally lack 3 things:

-Clear and advantageous synergy with each other (faction theme)
    -a meta level leadership ability. (GK, GMYoda, and Quigon all have decent leadership abilities, but not on par with: ZEP, Rey, CLS, Mother Talzon, Traya)
    -Damage output
  • I think jedi generally lack 3 things:

-Clear and advantageous synergy with each other (faction theme)
    -a meta level leadership ability. (GK, GMYoda, and Quigon all have decent leadership abilities, but not on par with: ZEP, Rey, CLS, Mother Talzon, Traya)
    -Damage output

^^ damage, man. Mace should be hitting like CLS and just give him a shatter point debuff that works like fracture.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I'd say General Kenobi's leadership is on the level of those other leads. Problem is a lack of the units to take advantage of it.

The dogpile-on-team-heal is a great ability. Issue is, it requires units who can team heal with specials fairly often, and also characters with good basic attacks. Both of which aren't great lists, and ties back into the issue of a lack of Jedi damage output.

Like, if Ahsoka Tano were actually a good attacker, she'd be great under a Kenobi lead. Protective Maneuver, dogpile. She'd be a source of damage output who could call mass assists. And the other characters who can trigger it are few. The complete list? Ahsoka, Hoda, Barriss, Luminara, Consular. And of that list, only Hoda and Barriss are actually good.

Very good ability, but the traction to really capitalize on it just isn't there. There's no one to trigger it that you actually want to attack, so every trigger you put on is a good attacker you take out, when you're already in desperate want of attackers.

And its bridging to Clone Troopers, which should be useful, really means you're bridging a faction in desperate need of damage output to another faction in desperate need of damage output!

It's... actually kind of hilarious how this ability can be so good, and then just kinda fall flat on its face.
    Still not a he.
  • Arby
    10 posts Member
    Arby wrote: »

I understand but being my first event based unlock I expected so much more...he didn't even help my lineups..I put him in one for the sheer fact it took so long to get him.
  • Everyone always points to Mace being effectively the strongest Jedi because of his power, saber style, and the fact that he skirts the dark side to fuel his attacks. They point to Mace beat Palpatine in the duel in the chancellor’s office in Revenge.

No doubt Mace should hit like a truck, be as powerful as CLS with Rey’s survivability, and have synergy with at least Kit, Agen, and Saesee and GM Yoda.

But I honestly think Palp threw the fight in order to play Anakin. If Anakin has not shown, I am pretty sure Palp would have just outright slain Mace. He bested Yoda and was only tooling with him in the Senate chamber. If anything, I think Sidious needs a rework to make him the Sith version of CLS.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Per the novels, Sidious was genuinely outfought.
    Still not a he.
  • Mace should be retweaked to be a taunting tank, hit like CLS/Rey, and hit thru Foresight and continue with his random Expose.

Those 3 updates would make him great.

The other Jedi just need small tweaks. But Im afraid with the introduction of contracts on BHs...all factions r going to get these blue buff kind of reworks to cost us more mats (and $$s/time).

~D