First Zeta

I’m currently on the verge of getting my first zeta and I’m really having a hard time deciding where to put it.

I’m leaning towards one of my nightsisters since that’s my arena team, but I can’t help but wonder if I would get more use from another zeta.

Before everyone says JTR, CLS, or GK, I don’t have any of those characters and will probably have another 3 or 4 full zetas farmed up before I ever get one of them (they’re a long way off).

I keep hearing about Finn being a good investment, but I haven’t really started building my resistance yet. They’re my next priority after the CLS toons though

Right now I’m between Asajj’s lead, her unique, and Talzin’s lead.

I’m really torn here and would love to hear what you think is the best way to utilize my first ever zeta, even if it doesn’t involve nightsisters

Replies

• Options
    A Talzin lead will rock arena, an Asajj lead or unique will be better for the raids, what is your priority right now?
  • Options
    I always lean towards arena first, so I would suggest one of the leader abilities. But... You are locking yourself in to that squad. But it is a good squad.
  • Options
    Thanks. I've been leaning towards Asajj's lead before Talzin because I currently use her as my lead in both the arena and in raids.

My guild isn't doing any of the heroic raids yet, and since none of us have CLS/JTR/Raid Han/GK, I'm thinking that getting my nightsister team with a zeta Asajj lead might be the best step towards us starting HPit.

However, even though I'm using Asajj as my lead right now in the arena, if Talzin's lead is that much better of a zeta, I'd be more than willing to switch.
  • Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Thanks. I've been leaning towards Asajj's lead before Talzin because I currently use her as my lead in both the arena and in raids.

My guild isn't doing any of the heroic raids yet, and since none of us have CLS/JTR/Raid Han/GK, I'm thinking that getting my nightsister team with a zeta Asajj lead might be the best step towards us starting HPit.

However, even though I'm using Asajj as my lead right now in the arena, if Talzin's lead is that much better of a zeta, I'd be more than willing to switch.

Asajj is better, Talzin is such an acolyte cheese gimmick.
  • Options
    I honestly like aszzj better. It's more useful in raids and is imo on equal footing with Mt lead for arena.

If you have Vader may want to contemplate his leader. I don't know how your arena shard is or if Vader would do well but for heroics pit and aat he is very useful.
  • Options
    Traditionally Vader or QGJ (depending on your preference) are the first Zetas
  • Options
    i use double zeta ventress as my leader in arena and i do ok there (high 100s-300s), though i've accepted that i'll need to switch to talzin to get much higher.

having said that, ventress's lead is more useful overall and you can do fine for a while with her leading in the arena, so i'd go there first.
  • Options
    I could definitely do Vader, but his leadership zeta reads almost exactly like Asajj's, and I use nightsisters a lot in all areas including arena. Vader in the arena typically runs under an EP lead, does it not?

I'm currently farming my CLS toons, but if I farm NS Spirit out of the cantina afterwards (I already have her at 5*), would a NS team not do the same in the rancor raid as a Vader lead Empire team?

Tenacity Down from Zombie, TM Removal and Speed Down from spirit, along with TM removal from everyone under zAsajj lead?
  • Options
    I haven't run nightsisters in rancor but in theory it should work the same (if not a little better with the double taps). Stick with aszzj then.
  • Options
    Do you have R2?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Yeah, I have my R2D2 at 7*. I understand he has 2 must-have zetas. Do you think either one would/should be priority?

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind it since I haven't really used him yet (I've been farming one event after another and haven't really had much of a chance to build up the characters I've been getting from the events).
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Number Crunch has got to be the best all around zeta... and not just my opinion either: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=top+zeta+abilities

You will find that Number Crunch is the best zeta and all the reasons behind it by watching some of those videos. If you're a darkside player and don't want to invest in a lot in LS, keep in mind that R2 will help in LS TB and raids too, but there is just too much value there with smoke screen and burn...

• Options
    banjo1071 wrote: »
    Traditionally Vader or QGJ (depending on your preference) are the first Zetas

Neither of those zetas are good investments anymore.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yeah, I have my R2D2 at 7*. I understand he has 2 must-have zetas. Do you think either one would/should be priority?

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind it since I haven't really used him yet (I've been farming one event after another and haven't really had much of a chance to build up the characters I've been getting from the events).

Number crunch works well in any light side team as it improves everyone on the team.

Light side metas in the last 6 months include cls and jtr who have both had a spell as top meta and kenobi/zarris and rex who were both top 5 teams in different times (multiple times for rex).

R2 is the 7th most used character at rank 1, the 6th most used character in teams ranked 1-10 and the third most used character rank 1-100.

Also if you zeta number crunch you can probably go one gear less on the rest of the cls team.

Combat analysis self cleanse is one of the reasons jtr teams are so good in sith raid in phase 1.
  • Options
    Those are great points. This is the first one I've ever had, and I haven't really been keeping track of how long its taken me to get the zeta mats, so I'm wondering if I'll have another by the time I get to the CLS event. Of course, if I use this first one on Asajj's lead, I'll probably want to use the 2nd on her unique.

Man, this is becoming pretty stressful. I was looking forward to getting zetas, but now that it's finally here, I'm a mess! lol
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Those are great points. This is the first one I've ever had, and I haven't really been keeping track of how long its taken me to get the zeta mats, so I'm wondering if I'll have another by the time I get to the CLS event. Of course, if I use this first one on Asajj's lead, I'll probably want to use the 2nd on her unique.

Man, this is becoming pretty stressful. I was looking forward to getting zetas, but now that it's finally here, I'm a mess! lol

You will have another by the time cls comes again id say.

I think the general rule is every 6 weeks averages if ships challenges only. More if your guild gets zetas from tw or you are able to farm from fleet store.

Persinally id go for arena first but r2d2 is an awesome one to get eventually. I almost went for him as my second zeta but i barely managed the cls event without it.
  • Options
    Have you considered saving the zeta for now? I find it better to save your zetas until you can zeta an entire squad. This gives you an advantage if a new meta, or just a really good team in general, is released.
    A possible good example is the upcoming Bounty Hunter rework... Who knows if they'll have zetas that make them great in arena and raids....
  • Options
    If you are running NS in arena, Asajj should get zeta #1(and likely #2 as well), but I’d go with her unique first.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Why not go for Vader since he is part of the meta?R2 is no longer arena viable outside a "boring to death" JTR lead team.And NS don't stand a chance against an Empire team with so many AoE characters.Or if you have Han Solo put it on him as he is one of the few toons that arena viable (raid also) even in an Empire team (though it looks so **** strange with him or GK in composition).
  • Options
    ShmurdaTK wrote: »
    Have you considered saving the zeta for now? I find it better to save your zetas until you can zeta an entire squad. This gives you an advantage if a new meta, or just a really good team in general, is released.
    A possible good example is the upcoming Bounty Hunter rework... Who knows if they'll have zetas that make them great in arena and raids....

Actually... I really agree with this. I have zeta'd too many characters for "the now" just to wish I had them back 2 months later because something changed. I had 68 zetas saved up and when RJT hit, I was able to put 4 zetas on JTR and BB, already had 2 on R2, and Thrawn's unique zeta'd... making me very tough in arena until the Sith reworks.

Waiting on applying zetas to characters is never a bad idea because you can always put them on but can't take them off.

• Options
    I will get my 20 zeta mats on Halloween, recommendations for first zeta? I was thinking Kylo Ren (unmasked) leader ability
  • Options
    Why are you necro'ing ancient zeta threads?
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Why are you necro'ing ancient zeta threads?
    Because Halloween apparently. #SpookyNecro ;)
  • Options
    Well, since it was my thread you brought back from the dead, I would definitely say Asajj lead followed by her unique if you’re in the same boat I was when I started the thread.

I still use my NS everywhere in the game and I haven’t regretted it for a second.

But on my other account, I went FO and KRU’s lead is a must have #1, and completely transformes the faction. Great choice. Go for it!