Please Leave Challenge Drops in Raids Rewards

Prev1345
Indigø
85 posts Member
edited April 2018
Some of us need the challenge rewards more than others. The yellow balls will be required by more characters at the top end than mk3 carbantis. Sure people may have 900 now, but they go quick.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Then instead of leaving all in there they can leave only what we are short of? If I remember correctly, the rolled back update left carbantis in there.
  • No you don’t. Those challenge salvage balls are only used on 2 characters. It’s set up like that on purpose. You will never have more raid salvage than excess challenge salvage.
  • This is only a problem if you're a huge whale and refresh the store multiple times a day to buy even more of the non-challenge components. By that logic, even the Int challenge gear could dry up if someone threw enough money around to create an issue for themselves.

Everyone else will get more than they can use. Even if I spent the couple hundred bucks in crystals to buy them for the 19 characters currently able to use them, I couldnt use my 1600+ challenge components. And if I did, simply not whaling on that particular item out for a few weeks would fix it.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Indigø wrote: »
    The yellow balls will be required by more characters at the top end than mk3 carbantis.

Which yellow balls? Mk8 component aren't challenge gear and you should have tons of the Mk8 salvage. I currently have 954, which would cover almost 16 characters. I don't need more.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are some middle ground where this maybe the case, but I would think for 80% of the player base it's not an issue at all, maybe higher.

There is a tipping point once you are past this time/amount of gear, you never look back.

Execpt for a few items mK3 caribant being the main one, one of the laptops and syringes looks low for a bit but is far less used and isn't a real issue.
  • They said they're leaving the challenge gear in for the lower tiers, since more folks will need them there, but at higher tiers, challenge gear really is much less of a need than raid gear.
    Still not a he.
  • Indigø
    85 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It's the mk8 bio balls. You can buy their prototype salvage for 375 crystals for 25 in Shipments or get it in 5 or 10 in guild shop. Takes 50 of the main component to go with it though. Sure you may have 900 of them now, but it takes a week of challenges to get 60 more unless you wanna spend crystals or guild tokens for that half or the full piece, and that just isn't economical. And it seems like every character needs one or two for g11 to g12. I know other players run into this issue.

This link should work.

https://ibb.co/ci5dP7
    Post edited by Indigø on
  • Indigø wrote: »
    It's the mk8 bio balls. You can buy their prototype salvage for 375 crystals for 25 in Shipments or get it in 5 or 10 in guild shop. Takes 50 of the main component to go with it though. Sure you may have 900 of them now, but it takes a week of challenges to get 60 more unless you wanna spend crystals or guild tokens for that half or the full piece, and that just isn't economical. And it seems like every character needs one or two for g11 to g12. I know other players run into this issue.

I can't get the pic to post, but I have 0 of those and 1/1 prototype.

Here you go

https://ibb.co/ci5dP7

• mk 8 biotech components are not challenge gear.
  • I’m actually in the same boat with the gold balls that come from challenges. They are essential to getting toons from g11 to g12. I used to have a ton of them and didn’t think I’d ever run out. Then I did. Now I have the 50/50 prototypes to build but short on the 60/60 challenges gear and not going to use crystals or precious guild currency on them.

Just waiting out the challenges and farming.
  • I’m actually in the same boat with the gold balls that come from challenges. They are essential to getting toons from g11 to g12. I used to have a ton of them and didn’t think I’d ever run out. Then I did. Now I have the 50/50 prototypes to build but short on the 60/60 challenges gear and not going to use crystals or precious guild currency on them.

So would you rather use the crystals and currency on the other gear? I can only see this being a net gain, it might just change how things get done.

• scuba
    14044 posts Member
    I’m actually in the same boat with the gold balls that come from challenges. They are essential to getting toons from g11 to g12. I used to have a ton of them and didn’t think I’d ever run out. Then I did. Now I have the 50/50 prototypes to build but short on the 60/60 challenges gear and not going to use crystals or precious guild currency on them.

But in about week of challenges you will have those 60 salvage and it will take the blessing of rng gods or multiple weeks to get the 50 prototype again.

The reason challenge gear should be removed is because it takes away a chance of getting a useful drop for gear that takes multiple weeks or months to get.

And like everyone else unless you go spending crystals on the prototypes you will build up a stock of the salvage and then you will be joining the rest of use in asking for it to be removed when you get it dropped every other raid.
  • mk 8 biotech components are not challenge gear.

Yes they are. They come on carbanti days.
  • Indigø wrote: »
    mk 8 biotech components are not challenge gear.

Components make the prototype. Salvage is salvage. Unless you're buying a vault a couple of times or more a month, I don't see how you could run out of salvage. In which case, you probably wouldn't balk at buying it if you needed it anyway.
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    So, was bored and saw this thread and decided to chime in with this, it takes over 8100 of the challenge gear to gear every character who needs it. Assuming you get 4 every time you do the challenge that means it would take you over 2 and a half years of doing the challenge which drops
    them every single time it was available.
    Mind you this number include some fan favourites such as urorru’r’r’r, Tusken raider, CUP, both veterans, multiple jawas and of course most importantly of all rose tico(she uses 240).

8100 is taken from swgoh.gg and unfortunately doesn’t include characters who have it twice in the same gear level so it is probably a fair bit higher such as maybe 9000 or something along those lines, which at most boosts it to just shy of 3 years assuming 9000 are needed.
  • My alt have 1800 of it, and my main has 60 left:) once you start gearing up toons to G12, you will run out quickly. It takes 2-4 of the crafted mk8 bio to reach G12 for each toons. It will be the new mk3 carbani:) it is not necessarily a whale problem, I am 100% f2p, and I almost run out of it now.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Indigø wrote: »
    mk 8 biotech components are not challenge gear.

Let's get it correct with pictures
    ic1TBS1.jpg
    Salavge is what comes on challenge day
    Prototype is what you have to find elsewhere.
    Then they must be combined
  • scuba wrote: »
    I’m actually in the same boat with the gold balls that come from challenges. They are essential to getting toons from g11 to g12. I used to have a ton of them and didn’t think I’d ever run out. Then I did. Now I have the 50/50 prototypes to build but short on the 60/60 challenges gear and not going to use crystals or precious guild currency on them.

But in about week of challenges you will have those 60 salvage and it will take the blessing of rng gods or multiple weeks to get the 50 prototype again.

The reason challenge gear should be removed is because it takes away a chance of getting a useful drop for gear that takes multiple weeks or months to get.

And like everyone else unless you go spending crystals on the prototypes you will build up a stock of the salvage and then you will be joining the rest of use in asking for it to be removed when you get it dropped every other raid.

That’s cool. I still need some of the salvage eye balls to finish a piece to bring someone to g12. And I did run out of the challenge gear soooo idk i guess you’re right.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    lladdir wrote: »
    So, was bored and saw this thread and decided to chime in with this, it takes over 8100 of the challenge gear to gear every character who needs it. Assuming you get 4 every time you do the challenge that means it would take you over 2 and a half years of doing the challenge which drops
    them every single time it was available.
    Mind you this number include some fan favourites such as urorru’r’r’r, Tusken raider, CUP, both veterans, multiple jawas and of course most importantly of all rose tico(she uses 240).

8100 is taken from swgoh.gg and unfortunately doesn’t include characters who have it twice in the same gear level so it is probably a fair bit higher such as maybe 9000 or something along those lines, which at most boosts it to just shy of 3 years assuming 9000 are needed.

The thing is that to use them fast enough to out pace your haul from challenges you have to be gearing toons pretty fast (which means $$). you gain them fast enough to outpace your usage relatively quickly.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    How about just giving us the changes back, and add challenge gear too. Problem solved.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    sloweagle wrote: »
    My alt have 1800 of it, and my main has 60 left:) once you start gearing up toons to G12, you will run out quickly. It takes 2-4 of the crafted mk8 bio to reach G12 for each toons. It will be the new mk3 carbani:) it is not necessarily a whale problem, I am 100% f2p, and I almost run out of it now.

I want to know where the people running out of them are getting their prototypes, maybe you are just farming them I don't know. My input (and many others) of prototypes just can't keep up with the salvage and I buy every Prototype that shows up in Guild Store and Shard Shop. Maybe I just have the worlds worst RNG because them prototypes don't come with raids for me but the salvage sure likes to. If ever salavge drop I got from raids was prototype instead I might actually be able to use all the salvage.
  • No challenge gear. If you're running out of challenge gear then you're also running out of other gear you cant get free 3x per week.

Running out of challenge gear is a huge whale problem that affects much less then 1% of the population of swgoh gamers.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    I don't know how it's possible to run out of the MK8 salvage at all IF you SIM your challenges dauly....i have over 2500 and can't get the components fast enough to use them
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    How abouttttt Nooooo.
  • No no this issue is only existent for a small % of the player base and over time fixes itself anyway
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Screenshot_20180418_172423.png

Here you go.

While it's not an issue for me personally, it's clear that it is for several - and potentially, as more people gear up multiple toons to 12,based on the swgoh.gg numbers could become one for more people.

A simple and easy fix to this would be to have one raid "slot" dedicated to "less commonly needed" raid gear. That way it wouldn't interfere with carbanti, cuff or stun gun drops, but could still drop for those that are at that stage of character development.

Bear in mind - there was a time when we all had hundreds of mk3 carbanti too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

There is something seriously wrong if you don't have almost infinite MK 8 BioTech Implant Salvage.

• Lol. I have 1,6k of these golden eyes from challenges. Definitely do not need them in raids