Please Leave Challenge Drops in Raids Rewards

Replies

• Indigø wrote: »
    Some of us need the challenge rewards more than others. The yellow balls will be required by more characters at the top end than mk3 carbantis. Sure people may have 900 now, but they go quick.

Forget that, I want more higher end gear. Once you get to a certain point, gearing a character is a challenge.
  • Revi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

There is something seriously wrong if you don't have almost infinite MK 8 BioTech Implant Salvage.

You've got a lot of balls?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hey, great idea OP. Do something that screws over most players to benefit a few outliers. I'm sitting on over 1400 of that gold eyeball salvage. To buy the prototypes to pair with it, even at the dirt cheap price of 375 crystals for 25 (best gear value for crystals by far), it would cost me 18,000 crystals to burn though it. And you could multiply that times 3 to count all the gold challenge gear.

It's not a huge number of players who've spent over 50,000 crystals on just a couple of gear slots. To be running low on that stuff means either you're a whale who can afford to buy whatever you want, and removing challenge gear will probably save you money by getting other harder to get gear more often, or you haven't been playing long, and you'll be drowning in that gold challenge gear soon if you're patient.

I've bought dozens of the black/gold eyeball parts to pair with the gold challenge parts. I've bought it more than any other gear piece by far. Probably double or triple anything else. I went months where I bought only those every time I saw them. And I still need literally hundreds of other harder to obtain gear pieces to even get close to needing all this gold eyeball salvage. And I'm not an outlier. Nothing you've said here proved keeping challenge gear in raids is doing anything but watering down rewards with garbage to the harm of almost everyone.

Edit: I just checked, and I have 3,200 and 3,500 of the other 2 types of gold challenge gear. Assuming we get all three at a fairly consistent rate that means I've spent my top 5 arena winnings on just black/gold eyeball components for two solid months and still can't get through all that salvage. But it's higher than that because I've bought some of the other two as well. Totally unbalanced compared to some characters needing 6 cuffs or 10-15 carbantis at 1400 crystals a pop.
  • I’m in the same boat as most of you, sitting on tons of the challenge gear and desperately needed the prototypes.
    But one thing to keep in mind:
    Right now, we are getting the salvage from challenges and from raid drops. So we are swimming in them.
    These changes to raid rewards will mean we lose the salvage raid drops (less coming in) and more prototypes (more spending).
    It is conceivable that we could all be missing the challenge gear before too long.
    Saying that, I still think that removing the challenge gear would be an overall improvement.
  • I have 26 toons that need mk8 biotech. I have so much salvage it would cover every toon. I have no prototypes. I have no idea how anyone could possibly run out of salvage, you get it so much faster than you can prototypes unless you’re frequently buying them w/ crystals. Including salvage, “challenge gear”, as a raid reward is beyond frustrating.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    If you already have 900 then your not going to run out. They aren't really used more than once at a single tier for each hero. If your already running str at tier 4 than you really past the point where you need to worry about running out of them.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

I just can't understand how this is possible, unless you're buying the component with all your available currency as soon as you get it. How do you get more component than salvage when the piece requires both and you get the salvage 3x a week from the challenge? The 10 difference in requirement for the full piece isn't enough to make up the difference...especially considering you should have been doing the challenge long before you were needing the component.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    This has to be the ingle most successful troll in the history of the forums. Don’t feed the trolls. Close the thread. Even CG has conceded that carbantis are in short supply and the only challenge gear worth keeping in raid rewards, and THEY have a profit motive. OP is only motivated by shaddenfruede.

dont-feed-trolls.jpg
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • This has to be the ingle most successful troll in the history of the forums. Don’t feed the trolls. Close the thread. Even CG has conceded that carbantis are in short supply and the only challenge gear worth keeping in raid rewards, and THEY have a profit motive. OP is only motivated by shaddenfruede.

Just because you don't have this problem doesn't mean that others don't. I didn't know I had an issue until I went to put on a gold ball and came up short.

And while I'm not f2p, I'm not a whale by any means. I barely get 1-2 vaults a month. Mostly using crystals to buy stun guns and stun gun prototypes.
    This has to be the ingle most successful troll in the history of the forums. Don’t feed the trolls. Close the thread. Even CG has conceded that carbantis are in short supply and the only challenge gear worth keeping in raid rewards, and THEY have a profit motive. OP is only motivated by shaddenfruede.

Just because you don't have this problem doesn't mean that others don't. I didn't know I had an issue until I went to put on a gold ball and came up short.

And while I'm not f2p, I'm not a whale by any means. I barely get 1-2 vaults a month. Mostly using crystals to buy stun guns and stun gun prototypes.

You are in the minority. You are entitled to your opinion, but folks are pointing out, unless you are gearing up multiple characters at the same time, by spending money to get the prototypes, you cannot outdistance the salvage gained in a week from simply doing the daily salvage challenge.

That’s the heart of the issue. 99% of the population does not have this issue for whatever reason. I currently have over 1200 salvage and am struggling to get prototypes. The complete set given as a gift yesterday went straight onto R2.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Indigø wrote: »

I just can't understand how this is possible, unless you're buying the component with all your available currency as soon as you get it. How do you get more component than salvage when the piece requires both and you get the salvage 3x a week from the challenge? The 10 difference in requirement for the full piece isn't enough to make up the difference...especially considering you should have been doing the challenge long before you were needing the component.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    How can a fake thread an obvious post meant to troll people complaining get so many replies.... Do you people actually think OP is serious ?
  • Why has CG stopped doing the "What's Ahead" at the bottom of the Content Updates? It used to be fun guessing what was coming up based on the hint.

....I barely get 1-2 vaults a month. Mostly using crystals to buy stun guns and stun gun prototypes.

Ummm wut?

• What_Why
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Okay, not a whale but a kitten big fish? I seriously think you are trolling us. Someone who "barely" spends $100-$200 A MONTH has an issue that the other 90% of us don't. Yes definitely screw us all, this guy over here needs more challenge gear because $200 worth of crystals leaves him short on it. Can we delete this troll thread yet?
  • Nah, I think I'm good with those being removed.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member

Screenshot_20180418_172423.png

Here you go.

While it's not an issue for me personally, it's clear that it is for several - and potentially, as more people gear up multiple toons to 12,based on the swgoh.gg numbers could become one for more people.

A simple and easy fix to this would be to have one raid "slot" dedicated to "less commonly needed" raid gear. That way it wouldn't interfere with carbanti, cuff or stun gun drops, but could still drop for those that are at that stage of character development.

Bear in mind - there was a time when we all had hundreds of mk3 carbanti too.

That is true but an Mk3 Carbanti salvage can be used all by its lonesome. The Biotech salvage cannot.
    Can you run out sure you can if you are buying the prototypes in shipments or strickly farming them or get real kitten lucky in raids, which most do not. However once you start farming another gear item that you also need or stop buying them that salvage input will exceed your prototype input.
    Running low on Biotech salvage is a short term thing where as running low on carbanti's is a long term thing.
  • What_Why wrote: »

Okay, not a whale but a kitten big fish? I seriously think you are trolling us. Someone who "barely" spends $100-$200 A MONTH has an issue that the other 90% of us don't. Yes definitely screw us all, this guy over here needs more challenge gear because $200 worth of crystals leaves him short on it. Can we delete this troll thread yet?

What? So I can't air my grievances with this game unless I'm a proud 100% f2p player? I'm I'm sure there are other p2p players that have this issue. Not every thread in the forums must apply universally to everyone. I'm sure there are enough p2p players out there that help keep this game going (you're welcome, btw) that are facing this problem, and if we don't speak up, how will CG know? They'll just assume everyone has plenty of those to go around. Well, my friends, this drought is a real thing, and they need to know about it.
  • scuba wrote: »

Here you go.

While it's not an issue for me personally, it's clear that it is for several - and potentially, as more people gear up multiple toons to 12,based on the swgoh.gg numbers could become one for more people.

A simple and easy fix to this would be to have one raid "slot" dedicated to "less commonly needed" raid gear. That way it wouldn't interfere with carbanti, cuff or stun gun drops, but could still drop for those that are at that stage of character development.

That is true but an Mk3 Carbanti salvage can be used all by its lonesome. The Biotech salvage cannot.
    Can you run out sure you can if you are buying the prototypes in shipments or strickly farming them or get real kitten lucky in raids, which most do not. However once you start farming another gear item that you also need or stop buying them that salvage input will exceed your prototype input.
    Running low on Biotech salvage is a short term thing where as running low on carbanti's is a long term thing.

It's not a short term thing. When you need to get your characters from g11 to g12 you need alot of those yellow balls. Its just like the problem I'm sure many players have with carbantis or stun guns, What if the devs thought we were getting plenty of mk3 carbantis in challenges and that those should be removed from raid rewards huh? How is it any different? I'm sure you don't wanna pay 2k crystals a pop for a full ball, we'll neither do i.

Much rather just pay 375 and top myself off to make a prototype every now and then.
    scuba wrote: »

Here you go.

It's not a short term thing. When you need to get your characters from g11 to g12 you need alot of those yellow balls. Its just like the problem I'm sure many players have with carbantis or stun guns, What if the devs thought we were getting plenty of mk3 carbantis in challenges and that those should be removed from raid rewards huh? How is it any different? I'm sure you don't wanna pay 2k crystals a pop for a full ball, we'll neither do i.

Much rather just pay 375 and top myself off to make a prototype every now and then.

You don't yet seem to get why most others here think this is a bad idea. The change you are proposing would affect everyone. In general people want raid rewards to be LESS cluttered with excess challenge gear. You are proposing more clutter with this gear because you in particular are low on it due to your current crystal prioritization. The comparison with carbantis is NOT the same because nearly everyone is short on them, while most people have excess of what you are asking. It is very selfish is ask to clutter raid rewards that a vast majority of players have excess of.
  • I dont see this is a troll. Before i worked on BH and some other toons, i was well in the 800s on the challenge gear mk8 salvage. I am now down to 120, which means i can only make two more using the salvage. There are toons out there that need two or 3 of them before they hit g12 and i buy the 25 for 375 from shipments every time it comes. I spend about $20 or so a month, but i take 1st in arena and top 10 in ships. The crystals come, you dont need to be a whale to run out. Different farming techniques produce different results.

Here you go.

Your ability to use biotech salvage is limited to your ability to pair it with the biotech prototype which take a good amount of time to farm unless you are paying for the prototypes either through crystal or through guild currency. The average player can easily get more salvage before they get prototypes to make a full piece. On the off-chance that someone has a full prototype and no salvage, that situation is quickly remedied in a week. However, that situation is not true the other way around given the stock that much of the player base has accumulated in salvage.

Carbantis are not strictly limited to other gear salvage to be used and are needed by much if not all of the player base at all times and earlier on in a toon's gear progression.

Also, Carbantis are frequently a prerequisite to the biotech piece as most toons have Carbantis on a lower gear level. Without the carbanti you can't progress to g10-g11 in order to use the biotech.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    No thank you, get them out of higher tier raids. Even if you happen to find yourself low on a certain bit of challenge gear, you can replenish your stock just by doing the challenges, and over time it'll rebound. I would not want this gear taking the place of gear that's much harder or impossible to farm.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • OP link your roster please do we can see where you seriously are that short on salvage. My current roster require Emperor Palpatine, Vader, Maul, R2 and Phoenix. I need the raid reward prototypes, because I have 1200 salvage, which is more than enough to cover my needs currently.

If you are just whilly nilly trying to level GS12 Jawa just because reasons without a need then you are just wasting people’s time.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member

Here you go.

I am well aware of who and what needs them. As I stated if you are buying the prototypes from shipments I can at that point see you running out of the salvage.
    However wouldn't you rather save those crystals and have a better shot of getting the prototypes from a raid?
    That is what not having the easily accessible Salavge as a raid reward helps you do because if the Salavge is dropping as a raid reward it means something else is not and that something else you now have to spend crystals or energy to get. That is my point I am not arguing that you don't need a lot of them however since you have steady stream of them and they are only half of a gear item IMO it is better to give a potential boost to the other half.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    To that point, I think anyone who is running out of the challenge gear one is just doing resource management wrong.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »

There is something seriously wrong if you don't have almost infinite MK 8 BioTech Implant Salvage.

I have nearly 3.5 million GP, playing for well over 2 years and I'm always short the eyeballs. And I agree I have a problem so your statement is correct.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »
    Revi wrote: »

I have nearly 3.5 million GP, playing for well over 2 years and I'm always short the eyeballs. And I agree I have a problem so your statement is correct.

Don't we all. ;)