Please Leave Challenge Drops in Raids Rewards

Replies

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Indigø wrote: »
    You never don't need mk3 Carbanti, just saying.

I never had a problem with these gold balls either...till I ran out of them. And you can't request either piece of it from guildies. Assuming these were removed from raid rewards , I'm sure half the people here, with their surpluses, would be complaining in 6 months or so about the same issue.

I would be from the half not complaining. I was only low when they were first released. I just don't get enough prototypes from shops or raids (not shipments) to use them.
  • Indigø wrote: »

I never had a problem with these gold balls either...till I ran out of them. And you can't request either piece of it from guildies. Assuming these were removed from raid rewards , I'm sure half the people here, with their surpluses, would be complaining in 6 months or so about the same issue.

Bet you a crystal vault you’re wrong.

It’s a mathematical/statistical impossibility to have less salvage than components. You cannot use one without the other, they’re mutually inclusive. Components don’t show up in shipments with near enough frequency to balance the two. If you’re doing all the challenges every week, you should have a huge surplus. Shoot, I had 1200 salvages before I even got anybody to g11 let alone g12.

The ONLY caveat to this is if you’re buying truckloads of crystals and using them exclusively on on gear packs and component purchases.

No, wait. Bet you TEN crystal vaults nobody would complain. The crunch for the bio ball salvages is NOWHERE near the crunch for mk3 Carbantis.

The only explanation for your shortage on the salvages is either a) you’re not doing the challenges or b) your resource management is mindbogglingly poor.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    So this all circles back around to the best fix for raid rewards, which they will never do....
    Get rid of Salavge drops and just give us boat loads of currency so we can buy what we want.

It’s a mathematical/statistical impossibility to have less salvage than components. You cannot use one without the other, they’re mutually inclusive. Components don’t show up in shipments with near enough frequency to balance the two. If you’re doing all the challenges every week, you should have a huge surplus. Shoot, I had 1200 salvages before I even got anybody to g11 let alone g12.

The ONLY caveat to this is if you’re buying truckloads of crystals and using them exclusively on on gear packs and component purchases.

No, wait. Bet you TEN crystal vaults nobody would complain. The crunch for the bio ball salvages is NOWHERE near the crunch for mk3 Carbantis.

The only explanation for your shortage on the salvages is either a) you’re not doing the challenges or b) your resource management is mindbogglingly poor.

How would it be poor? I already stated I didn't want to buy the full balls at 2k crystals a pop. The surplus in the prototypes comes from buying those pieces from the guild stor, shard store, and every now and then Shipments. If they sold a 30 pack of the component part for 500 crystals, maybe I'd be into it. Just doesn't seem worth it. I'd rather get them free from raids.

I'm gearing up 1-2 characters a week to gold to catch up to everyone that's been playing like a year longer than me. Yes, my pace is faster than f2p, but that doesn't make my resource management poor. I simply need more gear than you do, more often.
  • scuba wrote: »
    So this all circles back around to the best fix for raid rewards, which they will never do....
    Get rid of Salavge drops and just give us boat loads of currency so we can buy what we want.

Ive been saying this for quite some time i completely agree. Get rid of the gear box and just give more currency
    Indigø wrote: »

How would it be poor? I already stated I didn't want to buy the full balls at 2k crystals a pop. The surplus in the prototypes comes from buying those pieces from the guild stor, shard store, and every now and then Shipments. If they sold a 30 pack of the component part for 500 crystals, maybe I'd be into it. Just doesn't seem worth it. I'd rather get them free from raids.

I'm gearing up 1-2 characters a week to gold to catch up to everyone that's been playing like a year longer than me. Yes, my pace is faster than f2p, but that doesn't make my resource management poor. I simply need more gear than you do, more often.

What you’re saying still doesn’t make mathematical sense. You’d have to be getting 60+ components per week to balance out the challenges. So either you’re spending hundreds on crystals for refreshes/shipments because you’re a whale in denial (gearing 2 toons per week to g12 is definitely whale status), or you’re not doing the challenges.

Or you’re the luckiest player in this game to be able to buy that many components in the various stores, because they certainly don’t show up that much for me or anybody I know.
  • As others have stated, the 25 prototype for 375 crystals is the best buy from shipments. Buy that 2-3 times a week and that is how you end up in indigos position

I am still waiting for you to post your SWGOH.gg profile to show us this shortage you speak of and your GS11 waiting for the mythical salvage you are missing.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    As others have stated, the 25 prototype for 375 crystals is the best buy from shipments. Buy that 2-3 times a week and that is how you end up in indigos position

If you have no challenge gear left, buy the other stuff you need! New G12 gear, cuffs, guns... So much you can buy and you cause to burn down all your crystals to and up in that situation?
    Everyone with no challenge gear besides carbantis, should blame themself.
    Also could safe like 10k crystal for the next legendary event.

The gold balls for 375 crystals is the best deal man. I am 100% f2p, and I manage crystals usage carefully, buying anything else where you can get cheaper or free elsewhere is poor management:) I only buy other stuff with crystals to rush something to meet a urgent deadline. I just ran out the mk8 bio salvage today and that’s after I got 20 of it from finishing first in HAAT:)

However the OP’s problem (and mine now) is indeed limited to a small percentage of players. It is a whale’s and elite f2p’s problem. If you are f2p and not at top of both of your arenas, it is likely you would never have enough prototype to run out of the salvages:)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @sloweagle @John_Matrix1985 @Indigø
    Out of curiousity, how many of those other golden salvages do you guys have? I'll show you mine, if you show me yours ;)
    • Mk 8 BioTech implant salvage: 838
    • Mk 5 Athakam Medpac salvage: 2865
    • Mk 9 Fabritech Data Pad Salvage: 3588
    Surely you guys don't also have a shortage of those? I'm mostly curious about the ratio.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @leef mine is likely following. I don’t always buy mk5 or mk9 unless I have a priority toon need it now. Gold bio is different, I buy it every time it shows up. if you go to swgoh gear needed link, you will see it is needed most, more than mk3 carbani, more than stun cuff or stun gun. The mk5 medpac and mk9 fab aren’t needed as much.

Mk8 bio: 1
    Mk5 medpac: 2026
    Mk9 fab: 2869
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Not what i was expecting, you have +/- 800 less across the board. Seeying as we all need way more biotechs and assuming you bought quite a few more of them in shipments than i did, i expected you to have relatively more medpacks and data pads compared to me.
    Maybe it's RNG and my biotech intake has been significantly higher, i dunno.
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Challenge Gear as reward? Are you kidding? If you need challenge gear, just wait for the good day. You can drop them twice a week and a lot more on 1 day then you can get in any raid reward.... You are whale that is not patient. That's good for EA and continue spending cx to make the game live; However, keep your whale thought for you!!!!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I support OP totally. If you remember, players had 2k Carbantis back in the days where only tanks required them, and you see where carbantis are now.

I am F2P and have 2 full prototype and 0 salvages and have been playing since almost start. If you rank top 3 in both arena, you can buy 1 full prototype per day (more or less), so given I out of estimation by a factor of 3, you will be out of salvage after 3 months if you saved 1200 salvages (20 pieces).
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    I support OP totally. If you remember, players had 2k Carbantis back in the days where only tanks required them, and you see where carbantis are now.

I am F2P and have 2 full prototype and 0 salvages and have been playing since almost start. If you rank top 3 in both arena, you can buy 1 full prototype per day (more or less), so given I out of estimation by a factor of 3, you will be out of salvage after 3 months if you saved 1200 salvages (20 pieces).

Yeah, I am also short of Mk6 hairdresser, MK4 Laptop now:) they are all Challenge gears:) on the other hand, I do support EA removed those challenger gear that we have 2k or more each now, but leave carbani, laptop, bio, laptop and hairdresser etc:) I know it is wishful thinking.

• leef wrote: »
    Not what i was expecting, you have +/- 800 less across the board. Seeying as we all need way more biotechs and assuming you bought quite a few more of them in shipments than i did, i expected you to have relatively more medpacks and data pads compared to me.

Or maybe because I just bought all of those more than you because i am on top of both arena daily and don’t use crystals for other purpose:)

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    Challenge Gear as reward? Are you kidding? If you need challenge gear, just wait for the good day. You can drop them twice a week and a lot more on 1 day then you can get in any raid reward.... You are whale that is not patient. That's good for EA and continue spending cx to make the game live; However, keep your whale thought for you!!!!

Mk3 Carbanti is challenge gear. No one would want them taken out of raid rewards. That's not a good basis for an argument.

It seems that this particular "problem" affects only a certain % of people. What the reasons are, one can only guess - could be particular gearing patterns, what they spend crystals on in shipments, etc. Since in both Sloweage and Indidgo's cases, they seem to spend crystals almost exclusively on 375 gold gear, if the prototype gold balls come up more often, that could be the reason. Going to swgoh.gg, it's clear that Sloweagle's assertion that gold balls are the single most needed gear piece in the game is correct.

All of that said, it is worth considering that perhaps it is not they who are "playing the game wrong" - but the rest of us, who are gating ourselves by spending crystals on other things in shipments, thus limiting the number of characters we can push through g10 and g11 to 12 by not having enough gold balls, because we are short the prototypes.

Just something to think about.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I've thought about it. I still don't buy it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Very simple, the gear block now is from Carbani because most of the players are still blocked by G10/G11. Once that’s past, the mk8 bio becomes the new carbani of G11/G12 gear block, and who knows what is the other g12 slots they are going to introduce:) i stopped complaining about raids dropping mk8 bio salvage months ago because I see this coming.

Btw, I don’t think OP is really advocating bringing back all Challenge gear. He is just using this eyeball grabbing headlines to highlight another challenge gear in high demand.most players are not aware of it. He is successful in the sense he generated fair amount of interest:)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    sloweagle wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Or maybe because I just bought all of those more than you because i am on top of both arena daily and don’t use crystals for other purpose:)

maybe i worded that poorly, i didn't expect you to have more salvages than i have since you're obviously buying more salvages than i am, i expected the difference between biotechs and the other two to be bigger. The more you buy, the bigger the difference will get because you simply need less of those other two.
    The ratio's are a bit off, even if i bought everything i could currently equip and have the salvages for.
    Anyway, it doesn't really matter, i'm just a bit less convinced i won't run out if they get removed from the raid rewards.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    How many G11 and G12 characters does one need for this to become a problem? I feel like I'm keeping up just fine.
  • @leef got it. Yeah, it is definitely not going be everyone’s problem. It will matter only to dolphin and elite f2p. Whales would have just bought the full pieces, and lower ranked f2p wouldn’t progress fast enough for this to be a problem. For you, since your balance dropped to 800, you won’t hit the problem for another few months:)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    As others have stated, the 25 prototype for 375 crystals is the best buy from shipments. Buy that 2-3 times a week and that is how you end up in indigos position

If you have no challenge gear left, buy the other stuff you need! New G12 gear, cuffs, guns... So much you can buy and you cause to burn down all your crystals to and up in that situation?
    Everyone with no challenge gear besides carbantis, should blame themself.
    Also could safe like 10k crystal for the next legendary event.

The gold balls for 375 crystals is the best deal man. I am 100% f2p, and I manage crystals usage carefully, buying anything else where you can get cheaper or free elsewhere is poor management:) I only buy other stuff with crystals to rush something to meet a urgent deadline. I just ran out the mk8 bio salvage today and that’s after I got 20 of it from finishing first in HAAT:)

However the OP’s problem (and mine now) is indeed limited to a small percentage of players. It is a whale’s and elite f2p’s problem. If you are f2p and not at top of both of your arenas, it is likely you would never have enough prototype to run out of the salvages:)

Finish both arena's first,beating all heroic raids and stuff like that. You must be out of touch at this point.

Or he just has a different game experience than you do. Why is it so difficult for people to understand that people who are active and have played since launch and/or spend a lot of money can do all of that?

I think many more people finish first (or near enough to earn a strong crystal income) in both arenas and are part of strong guilds that have all 3 raids on Heroic farm than you (and many other posters) seem to think. I am one of them as well. For f2p/guppies, it's almost required to keep with the whales on our 2+ year old arena shards.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I'm glad people are interested in this topic. I wish the devs would see it and take interest as well.
  • sloweagle wrote: »

^This. This is what others don't get. If you've a surplus of crystals from arena, 375 crystals for 25 prototypes from shipments is a bargain. Do this frequently and you eat up salvage significantly faster than what the deniers here are capable of seeing, let alone doing.

Earning first place in both arenas daily grosses 6,300 crystals per week. With moderate refreshes, you can net upwards of 5,000 crystals per week from arena. You can easily drop 1,500 crystals for 100 prototypes a week if not more.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    kriles76 wrote: »

^This. This is what others don't get. If you've a surplus of crystals from arena, 375 crystals for 25 prototypes from shipments is a bargain. Do this frequently and you eat up salvage significantly faster than what the deniers here are capable of seeing, let alone doing.

Earning first place in both arenas daily grosses 6,300 crystals per week. With moderate refreshes, you can net upwards of 5,000 crystals per week from arena. You can easily drop 1,500 crystals for 100 prototypes a week if not more.

I don't think anyone has difficulty understanding how much crystals one could earn on a weekly basis, nor with how cheap those prototypes are compared to other gear.
    It's how players are chosing to spend those crystals that is being questioned.
    At the moment i'm not sure whether it's poor resource management if you're running out of biotech salvages or if it is inevitable with a high crystal income. I simply don't know.
    Regardless of all of that, we simply don't know with what the challenge gear is going to be replaced. That's why this whole discussion is futile. Running out of those biotech salvages might not be that bad if you're getting more expensive gear in return, even if you're one of those players that currently already runs out of biotech salvages (regardless of that being due to poor resource management or it actually being inevitable).
    That said, if you're currently no where close to running out, it's probably beneficial for you personally if challenge gear gets removed. So it was to be expected that people would disagree with keeping challenge gear in the raid rewards. Keep in mind that the challenge gear also includes those other salvages that no one is running out off.
    That said 2, i'm reasonably sure they're going to nerf the rewards for heroic sith, so we're all worse off regardless of our biotech salvage situation. Woo-Hoo
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    [eep in mind that the challenge gear also includes those other salvages that no one is running out off

Now you've done it, we're gonna get people telling us they're running out of those yellow data pads too.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    [eep in mind that the challenge gear also includes those other salvages that no one is running out off

Now you've done it, we're gonna get people telling us they're running out of those yellow data pads too.

Seeying how most discussion evolve on this forum, it wouldn't suprise me ;)
    I myself am contemplating whether i should derail this discussion even further by questioning your choice of calling those gold data pads yellow instead of their actual collour. giphy.gif